• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noise from driver seat fan.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Does anyone else have whining noise from the drivers seat fan? If you sit back too much the fan starts making a noise. It goes away when you lean forward or slightly sit against the back of the seat. I thought it was backfired from the rear speaker but it’s the seat fan.
Sponsored

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Do both seats do it? If so it's probably normal. If not, then maybe get the dealership to look at it

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I rented a S550 in August and brought it back to Avis because that constant whine was driving me crazy. I thought it was the audio system at first. Thankfully my S650 has been quiet so far.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Do both seats do it? If so it's probably normal. If not, then maybe get the dealership to look at it
No, just drivers seat. Definitely taking it to the dealer once we get a few things taken care of. It’s annoying as heck.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Does anyone else have whining noise from the drivers seat fan? If you sit back too much the fan starts making a noise. It goes away when you lean forward or slightly sit against the back of the seat. I thought it was backfired from the rear speaker but it’s the seat fan.
My driver's seat is fine, it's the passenger seat that is whining. I took it to the dealership and guess what...... they couldn't reproduce it. I picked the car up and a few days later , wifey sat in the seat and it started again. The dealer's solution was to bring it in as soon as it happens. 😡

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i dont know if this could be the cause, but a few weeks ago, a 2024 EcoBoost came into my dealer for a noise from the passenger seat and it ended up being the fan is loose. take it to the dealer and they will get it sorted

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
My driver's seat is fine, it's the passenger seat that is whining. I took it to the dealership and guess what...... they couldn't reproduce it. I picked the car up and a few days later , wifey sat in the seat and it started again. The dealer's solution was to bring it in as soon as it happens. 😡
Good afternoon. Could you send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this whining noise concern?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi there. If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info. I’d like to assist with this noise concern you're experiencing. Thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
I've had my car for less than 72 hours, and noticed the same problem! Got home and Googled it, and what you said is what I searched pretty much verbatim.
The whine is very loud (can hear it over the stereo) and constant, until I lean forward so that my back is not touching the seat. It returns again when I touch the seat.
Hate having to take it in right after getting it, and my dealer is 100+ miles away.
I have a different dealer a few miles away. Hoping that I can take it in there.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I've had my car for less than 72 hours, and noticed the same problem! Got home and Googled it, and what you said is what I searched pretty much verbatim.
The whine is very loud (can hear it over the stereo) and constant, until I lean forward so that my back is not touching the seat. It returns again when I touch the seat.
Hate having to take it in right after getting it, and my dealer is 100+ miles away.
I have a different dealer a few miles away. Hoping that I can take it in there.
Just make sure that you can reproduce the noise when you get to the dealership. My problem was that it stopped as soon as I took it in and they couldn't reproduce the noise. Ofcourse, when I got home, a few days later, it started again.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Just make sure that you can reproduce the noise when you get to the dealership. My problem was that it stopped as soon as I took it in and they couldn't reproduce the noise. Ofcourse, when I got home, a few days later, it started again.
I’ve got it on video as I originally thought it was back feed from the rear speaker. It was a high pitch sound sitting in the passenger seat but driver seat it’s lower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone had any progress on this issue?
I took mine into the dealer, and they had never heard of this problem, but I told them that people are reporting it in this forum.
The took both seats out and totally took them apart. No missing/loose fan covers or anything missing from the seat schematics.
They couldn't find anything when looking the problem up, and they contacted Ford, who told them that they didn't have any reports of this problem.
They put the seats back together and reinstalled them, and the whining continues.
The mechanic said that this should not be happening, especially with a new car, and he's going to keep an eye out for any updates.
I'm guessing with the weather getting warmer that people who haven't turned on the seat ventilation up until now will cause more inquiries.
In the meantime, I'm not sure what to do. This is definitely NOT okay.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Has anyone had any progress on this issue?
I took mine into the dealer, and they had never heard of this problem, but I told them that people are reporting it in this forum.
The took both seats out and totally took them apart. No missing/loose fan covers or anything missing from the seat schematics.
They couldn't find anything when looking the problem up, and they contacted Ford, who told them that they didn't have any reports of this problem.
They put the seats back together and reinstalled them, and the whining continues.
The mechanic said that this should not be happening, especially with a new car, and he's going to keep an eye out for any updates.
I'm guessing with the weather getting warmer that people who haven't turned on the seat ventilation up until now will cause more inquiries.
In the meantime, I'm not sure what to do. This is definitely NOT okay.
Yes, it happens every time my wife turns on the ventilation in the passengers seat. I already took it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it, told me to bring it back when it does it again. You've right, this is not okay, very frustrating.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Mine makes that noise every single time, not intermittently. Is yours the same?
Were you/she there at the dealership and it wouldn’t do it in your presence with them watching, or did you drop it off and they said it wasn’t happening?
I’d make sure that they sit in the car with you so that you can show them what’s going on. That way they can’t say that it’s not happening.
That’s what I did, and there was no doubt that he heard it and acknowledged the problem.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Mine makes that noise every single time, not intermittently. Is yours the same?
Were you/she there at the dealership and it wouldn’t do it in your presence with them watching, or did you drop it off and they said it wasn’t happening?
I’d make sure that they sit in the car with you so that you can show them what’s going on. That way they can’t say that it’s not happening.
That’s what I did, and there was no doubt that he heard it and acknowledged the problem.
We weren't at the dealership to reproduce the noise. The service department said that they sat in the seat multiple times for a few hours and couldn't reproduce it. Mines does it intermittently. So what I'm going to have to do is wait until it does it again and at that time, take it to the dealership so that they can hear it. But seriously, who has time for that!
Sponsored