• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whining noise from engine

GiJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Just wondering if anyone has a whining noise coming from the engine? Sounds like a bad serpentine to me. Sounds like I have a super charger, nope just a DH. Being told by the dealer that it’s new and might be normal. Saying they want to charge $150 diagnostic fee to confirm the issue. Car is a $70k car with less than 1,000 miles. You would think they would take a look at it no problem. Anyone else having a whining noise from their S650?
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
A diagnostic fee for a car under warranty? wtf the dealer smoking?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Just wondering if anyone has a whining noise coming from the engine? Sounds like a bad serpentine to me. Sounds like I have a super charger, nope just a DH. Being told by the dealer that it’s new and might be normal. Saying they want to charge $150 diagnostic fee to confirm the issue. Car is a $70k car with less than 1,000 miles. You would think they would take a look at it no problem. Anyone else having a whining noise from their S650?
if you have an automatic transmission, that noise is 100% normal and is the trans fluid pump due to it having straight cut gears to drive it. my M1 had it, my EcoBoost had it, and my DH has it too

OP
OP
GiJoe

GiJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
if you have an automatic transmission, that noise is 100% normal and is the trans fluid pump due to it having straight cut gears to drive it. my M1 had it, my EcoBoost had it, and my DH has it too
Appreciate the response! I was searching around to see if this was normal and read a few posts about it but were other cars/trucks. My ‘21 was a manual, so kind of just was strange to me.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is the serpentine belt most likely. I also had a few pulleys become noisy on my previous mustang, it was more like a loud hissing sound that I ignored for a while, until somebody told me at a red light to have it checked out ;). Replaced the pulley, and the hissing/whining went away.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with these whining noise concerns on your Mustang if you're still in need of assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer details, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I lost the factory idler pulley about 6 months ago on the 96. It sounded like metal on metal or a ball bearing failing if you every hear one. Kind of a screeching or metal on metal without oil. I had the window down and when I heard it, I knew exactly what it was and planed my visit to ford the next day. Ford said it wasn't very bad but I know it wouldn't have lasted much longer.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
@GiJoe Noticed what I believe to be the same noise you're having when pulling it into the garage. Thought it sounded like the car had a supercharger on it. Since the car barely has 100 miles on it I'll wait a little while & get some miles on it b4 I panic. Hoping it's normal & won't have to go into the dealer for repairs. Mine is an automatic & the noise seems to ramp up as you step on the go pedal.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
@GiJoe Noticed what I believe to be the same noise you're having when pulling it into the garage. Thought it sounded like the car had a supercharger on it. Since the car barely has 100 miles on it I'll wait a little while & get some miles on it b4 I panic. Hoping it's normal & won't have to go into the dealer for repairs. Mine is an automatic & the noise seems to ramp up as you step on the go pedal.
Yeah that sounds like it is the transmission mine sounds the same. It is normal with the A10s. My dad has an F150 with an A10 and makes the same noises too.

OP
OP
GiJoe

GiJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Do you have an A10? They make whining noises like a supercharger.
Yep A10, starting to learn that it may be something I will have to just deal with. I guess it’s a some do some don’t situation. No other issues thankfully. Appreciate all the feedback!

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yep A10, starting to learn that it may be something I will have to just deal with. I guess it’s a some do some don’t situation. No other issues thankfully. Appreciate all the feedback!
Yeah some are louder than others. Mine is a bit on the loud side. If anyone asks just say you have a supercharger 😂
Sponsored