• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Creaking noise from suspension

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Anyone else having a creaking noise come form their suspension when going over bumps?
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Any new car should not have creaking noises.

What kind of creak noise are you hearing? Like more of a squeaking creak (could be from rubber bushings ect.) or more of a door on a rusty hinge type of creak (suspension)?
Either way I would probably have a shop check it out and see what their analysis is, then take it to a Ford dealer for them to work on the car.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Anyone else having a creaking noise come form their suspension when going over bumps?
Mine wasn’t really a creaking noise so much as a rattle but yeah, shock replaced under warranty. Sounds like a few others have had some similar issues.

Eligdo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2024 gt
I have been encountering a creaking/grinding noise as well with the 2024 premium. Would this be the same? I have it on video

OP
OP
ShaBoingBoing

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
I have been encountering a creaking/grinding noise as well with the 2024 premium. Would this be the same? I have it on video

Yes that’s the exact same noise that I have. I’m used to hearing it in older cars but definitely wasn’t expecting it from a brand new mustang.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered

Mine is like jexsk's. Not like the creaking in this video...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Hi there. Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding these suspension creaking noises. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

OP
OP
ShaBoingBoing

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37

Ever find out what the cause was? I’m thinking bushings but not sure.

Eligdo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2024 gt
Not yet, planning on dealership to find out but waiting for the festive days to be over. I’ll post an update if they tell me anything

OP
OP
ShaBoingBoing

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Not yet, planning on dealership to find out but waiting for the festive days to be over. I’ll post an update if they tell me anything
Well I have an update although it may not be what you’re looking for. Turns out my dash cam install was messed up and the noise was my wire rubbing against the rear window. I removed it and the squeak is completely gone. Check if you can hear it from the outside. If it’s just the inside that you hear it from then it’s likely something minor like what I had. Hope that helps!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si

Does that happen while you are also turning the wheel?
It sounds like the springs are binding.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Does that happen while you are also turning the wheel?
It sounds like the springs are binding.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
I am having the same issue in my DH. Also had to take it it for the shift linkage NVH. Replacing the linkage, hopefully they can get the creaking sorted as well. I do not believe they have even diagnosed that yet.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
My 2020 does it as well over uneven dips going slow.
Sponsored