• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
It's the 'new' vintage look. Quality control from the 1970s....
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
If you look closely at this recently spied DH you can see that they painted a small arrow to the misaligned gap of the trunk. I'm pretty sure they got enough feedback from multiple sources like their own testdrivers, hands on impressions on showcars and even internet forums that they are looking into it.

Overall I think it's great news that they didn't just went into production anyway, some people will remember the horribly crooked 3rd brake lights on first Gen 6 fastbacks, but taking their time to adjust the panels. Looking forward to see how first production vehicles will be like
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 2024-dark-horse-mustang-grabber-blue-spied-14-

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you look closely at this recently spied DH you can see that they painted a small arrow to the misaligned gap of the trunk. I'm pretty sure they got enough feedback from multiple sources like their own testdrivers, hands on impressions on showcars and even internet forums that they are looking into it.

Overall I think it's great news that they didn't just went into production anyway, some people will remember the horribly crooked 3rd brake lights on first Gen 6 fastbacks, but taking their time to adjust the panels. Looking forward to see how first production vehicles will be like
2024-dark-horse-mustang-grabber-blue-spied-14-jpg.jpg
From what I've seen driving around as well, some of the prototypes seem to have resolved the fitment issues. Ford seems to indeed be taking this seriously.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Reading that article, none of this is really a surprise to me and it all makes sense.

Speaking of that thread, you mentioned in there that you have friends or know people that talk about the Mustang "in the same sentence" as cars like Ferraris, AMGs, and the like. This is surprising to me because I have a multitude of European colleagues and friends that all swear up and down that "American cars are sh*t" and that they'll "Never buy an American car over literally anything else".

I know this may seem like a childish question, but is this true? Are there really that many people on that side of the hemisphere that view the Mustang as a "world-class car"? It's the first I've ever heard of it and it's kind of pride inspiring to hear those words.
Funny, because I've had probably 30 vehicles over the last 25 years and the European ones have been the biggest pieces of s*** I've ever owned. Poorly engineered, terrible engines, can't work on them without taking half the car apart, expensive, don't last, cheap interiors, just junk. I swore off anything that comes from Europe a few years ago.

Wife hasn't gotten the memo yet and just ordered a 2024 MINI Cooper S (BMW) and I guess we'll see if it's as much of a pile of garbage as her last two brand new MINI cars which both went to the dealership in the first 12 months for engine repairs.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Exactly!

I have been complaining to friends and on 6G about this since the first S550s (which ironically had “Show Car” Placarded on the Hoods on the Production Line) started reaching Venues.

When I first Saw the Car at a Show, I noticed some Alignment Problems, but thought, for sure, they’d Fix it in Post!

When I went to pick up my LE, while waiting for Dealer Prep, I was wandering around the lot and saw the Rear Bumper Cover of a new 550 separated from the Quarter Panel. I pounded it back in place.

I initially didn’t notice all the alignment problems on my car until I got it home and was embarrassed when a friend pointed out the Left Side Rear Window Drop at the Top. S650s Still have it.

I think the main problem is the main Chassis that everything attaches to. If it isn’t Stamped and Assembled Correctly, everything attached to it is susceptible to misalignment.

Everything is supposed to be New to S650, but maybe some Bad Old 550 DNA is left in the Basic Building Blocks.

You’ve got the Whole Thing Designed on a Computer, Transferred to a Clay Model and then Tweaked back in the Computer. Everything should go together Flawlessly.

Unfortunately, S650 Design and Production Tooling is in the Books and there will probably Never be another ICE Version Designed From Scratch that will have learned all the Lessons from Previous Mistakes.

Let’s just Hope they can get their Panel Hanging Skills Improved enough to Overcome the Bad Bones they’re Attached to. Because I don’t think Ford is Willing to Spend any more Money on the Chassis and Production and Assembly Tooling for 6G/7G!
Do you still have the car by the way? I traded out my 2015 Kona Blue LE for a 2020 Shelby GT500. Your car was truly unique with your GT350 modification. It looked awesome

Reactions: JWS

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If Ford is reading these threads for customer concerns on quality, then I hope they improve the interior build quality and solidity--my S550 has too many random buzzes and rattles when driven on anything other than the smoothest roads. I can happily overlook some panel gap issues, but rattles, creaks and squeaks are constantly irritating.

I recently had to rent a Nissan Rogue and while it was kind of a POS to drive, and not a car I would ever consider owning, I immediately noticed how it was basically free from rattles & squeaks compared to my S550.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Alright, which of you jokers convinced the School of the Blind across the street to organize and join a union?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Yeah Dave, Over 77,000 Miles and Still Pouring Money Into It!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-le-you-dont-see-this-every-day.79129/page-5

Page 7 has the Latest Mod. Plenty of Parts Still Sitting in the Garage. Some have been there for over 6 Years. Slow Progress!

Was Expecting You to go for a DarkHorse!

As far as What Ace Said, the Photo in his Post Shows a Slight Window Drop on the Left Side. There’s Nothing Wrong with the High Mount Brake Lights, it’s the Glass. Most likely the Same Glass since 2013, 14, 15, 18, 21 and now 24. Some are better than others, but they Never Fixed the Underlying Problem.

They need a New Glass Mold/Form.

S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 1683754157134

For S650GT, the Window Drop is easiest to see by looking at the High Mount Brake Light. You can see the Reflection of the Light and notice how the left side is thicker than the right. You can also see the Top of the Window Drops Down as you approach the upper left corner at the junction of the glass and roof.

S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 1683776041761
S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 1683841823432

Okay, I’ll give You the Link to the Original Glass Problems and the Solutions that worked for some of them. I had originally thought it might be something that needed
Shimming or more Adhesive. This did solve the problem for many.

However, I was told by Management at Flat Rock that it was the Glass.

After watching the Glass
installation at the F-150
Truck Plant, I could see how incorrect
Robotic Positioning and Adhesive Application could be the Problem.

I can also see how the Form and Mold of the Glass could be the Problem Too.

It’s just amazing that after more than 9 years, they can’t “Engineer” the Solution.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-window-mis-alignment.19370/

Last edited:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Yeah Dave, Over 77,000 Miles and Still Pouring Money Into It!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-le-you-dont-see-this-every-day.79129/page-5

Page 7 has the Latest Mod. Plenty of Parts Still Sitting in the Garage. Some have been there for over 6 Years. Slow Progress!

Was Expecting You to go for a DarkHorse!

As far as What Ace Said, the Photo in his Post Shows a Slight Window Drop on the Left Side. There’s Nothing Wrong with the High Mount Brake Lights, it’s the Glass. Most likely the Same Glass since 2013, 14, 15, 18, 21 and now 24. Some are better than others, but they Never Fixed the Underlying Problem.

They need a New Glass Mold/Form.

1683754157134.jpeg
Can you point the window drop for me please? haven't noticed that one yet.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Does anyone have any more info on the valve cover issue?
Is this something that's going to bite us on the ass at 5,000 miles or when ever the ticking timebomb goes off?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Funny, because I've had probably 30 vehicles over the last 25 years and the European ones have been the biggest pieces of s*** I've ever owned. Poorly engineered, terrible engines, can't work on them without taking half the car apart, expensive, don't last, cheap interiors, just junk. I swore off anything that comes from Europe a few years ago.

Wife hasn't gotten the memo yet and just ordered a 2024 MINI Cooper S (BMW) and I guess we'll see if it's as much of a pile of garbage as her last two brand new MINI cars which both went to the dealership in the first 12 months for engine repairs.
Now that is a totally subjective opionion but overall cars made in Europe hve a better built and interior quality. Ironically you yet bought another European car despite your issues :D

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
If Ford is reading these threads for customer concerns on quality, then I hope they improve the interior build quality and solidity--my S550 has too many random buzzes and rattles when driven on anything other than the smoothest roads. I can happily overlook some panel gap issues, but rattles, creaks and squeaks are constantly irritating.

I recently had to rent a Nissan Rogue and while it was kind of a POS to drive, and not a car I would ever consider owning, I immediately noticed how it was basically free from rattles & squeaks compared to my S550.
They actually signed up in this forum and also posted a thread but other than that you don't hear from them at all. I just hope they read at least and taking notes....