• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
They confirmed this week and next week, fingers crossed that is why some had dates pushed 2 weeks, and it's up and running May 15!

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Reading that article, none of this is really a surprise to me and it all makes sense.
I swear my topic on panel alignments shook their Flat Rock plant.

You all have to thank me now 😂
Speaking of that thread, you mentioned in there that you have friends or know people that talk about the Mustang "in the same sentence" as cars like Ferraris, AMGs, and the like. This is surprising to me because I have a multitude of European colleagues and friends that all swear up and down that "American cars are sh*t" and that they'll "Never buy an American car over literally anything else".

I know this may seem like a childish question, but is this true? Are there really that many people on that side of the hemisphere that view the Mustang as a "world-class car"? It's the first I've ever heard of it and it's kind of pride inspiring to hear those words.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Reading that article, none of this is really a surprise to me and it all makes sense.

Speaking of that thread, you mentioned in there that you have friends or know people that talk about the Mustang "in the same sentence" as cars like Ferraris, AMGs, and the like. This is surprising to me because I have a multitude of European colleagues and friends that all swear up and down that "American cars are sh*t" and that they'll "Never buy an American car over literally anything else".

I know this may seem like a childish question, but is this true? Are there really that many people on that side of the hemisphere that view the Mustang as a "world-class car"? It's the first I've ever heard of it and it's kind of pride inspiring to hear those words.
Yep, there are always two extreme sides.

People who like German cars and hate on everything that is not German.

People who like Americans cars and hate everything that is not American.

I am not on one of those extreme sided. I'm like many others who appreciate all good looking and good sounding cars. It could be from any brand.

But people like me gets a lot of hate from everybody, because I don't choose any side.

And besided me there are more people in between than people who are an extreme European of American car lovers.

Those people including me love the Mustang and put them on the same level as a Audi RS5, BMW M4, Mercedes AMG.

Pricewise, the Mustang is way cheaper. But I don't care about the price. I care about how I feel where the car belongs.

A Mustang is just a badass looking car. Especially in Europe where this car is a unique species.

When driving in the US, you see Mustangs every second, so it's not really that special.

It's the same as how I see German cars. I see them the whole day, every day. Nothing special because everybody has them.

This is something psychologically. We want to have something different to feel unique.

But you also see a lot of channels on YouTube where Mustangs get compared with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's top models. Especially Carwow and this very famous Canadian channel which I forgot the name of.

There is no single car in the world that is as famous as a Mustang.

And that's why I car a lot about these panel gap problems. Some people see that as hate, but it isn't.

Think of this. You bought a brand new car. You are very happy with that car. You are driving months with that car and you feel very proud. Than some guy came to you and he pointed out all these panel gaps that you did not see.

That feels bad right? Probably many people did not even noticd these gaps until someone else showed it to them (me).

It not a personal attack. It was just to let people know that we should not accept these flaws so that Ford would fix this issue.

Mustangs have these problems since day one, but now, they finally are going to do something about it.

Not because we closed our mouth and ignored the issue.
They are going to do something about it because people are noticing these problems and adressing them here on the forum.

So yeah, the Flat Rock plant has some delays now, but it's for a good reason.

Now you guys will have good panels on your brand new car.

Let me open a gofundme link so you guys can donate a Dollar for me to buy a Mustang here in Europe that costs 120.000 USD :(

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Did the valves change going from S550 to S650? Increase in size possibly?

S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 1683391790887

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Did the valves change going from S550 to S650? Increase in size possibly?

1683391790887.png
My guess is this is a mistype, and is valve cover issues, which i have heard have had issues with leaking very early on.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
https://eu.freep.com/story/money/ca...ity-review-uaw-layoffs-flat-rock/70188595007/

According to the Detroit Press FR is down due to quality issues that FORD wants to solve before going into production. Next to V8 valve covers and electronics they're also focusing on panel alignments.

If that's true and if Ford can solve the mentioned problems then it's a welcomed delay ;)
S 550 had issues with panels, heck my ram trx had panel issues which ram said they would fix but not worth cracking the bolts to my and making matters worse mess with the car, 2024 long model year for mustang over 12 months look for a few more price increases also, good if you got order in early for long term residual. In the time I waited for my trx the price went up 9000 and I didn’t pay retail to begin with so a year later car is worth on trade more than I paid. Not to mention in 2023 msrp went up another 7000

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
My guess is this is a mistype, and is valve cover issues, which i have heard have had issues with leaking very early on.
Valve problem that’s a movie and half that you might find out about till after your warranty expires lmao, that’s all they need is a gt 350 movie on their hands. I hope if there engines already built to go into cars they go over them again.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Better get those body panel issues squared away 😄

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Oof. Any gamers in here? I'm getting Starfield vibes, lol.

But honestly, yeah it's a bummer - but you'd probably be more pissed if you received your build with quality issues rather than waiting longer to get them resolved.

Either way, it's on Ford, but I'm glad they're opting to try and get as many things resolved as possible before sending them out. Unfortunate.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It's always something with this company.
Let's not forget that new Toyotas are having engines blow left and right. Every brand is having issues, and has always had issues. But at least Ford is trying to rectify theirs. I can respect that. Nothing in this world is perfect my friend.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Panel alignment is always welcomed, but please don't just make perfect panel gaps masking chassis misalignment like they did with my 2023. This was alignment I got from my dealer after realizing car looked lopsided right after delivery. I know they could slot the strut or I could get plates, but these modifications shouldn't be necessary, tbh.

As I've stated previously, I love the design and engineering behind this car. It's powerful, has great visibility (although the 2024 may have compromised there slightly with rear windows) and the UX for infotainment is great (real buttons, touchscreen for what you need, etc.) but poor quality undermines all of that. Here's to hoping Ford starts getting that right. Cheers!

S650 Mustang Flat Rock plant down due to quality issues 1683404911346
Sponsored

Last edited: