• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Flat rock Employee please read.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Any employee from the Flat rock plant able to give information on if RHD (Euro/Australia) Vehicles are in Production?

With gratitude.

eremyjay
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We can't even order here in the UK yet. And no firm timescale for when we can.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Take this with a grain of salt now as anything could've changed but before I moved on from Ford back in August S650 Europe and China we're offset by roughly 6 months from North American timing with Australia coming even later. I would expect some kind of an announcement to take place between now and March if things are still timed relatively similar.

OP
OP
Eremyjay

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Take this with a grain of salt now as anything could've changed but before I moved on from Ford back in August S650 Europe and China we're offset by roughly 6 months from North American timing with Australia coming even later. I would expect some kind of an announcement to take place between now and March if things are still timed relatively similar.

Thank you. Were you in the assembly line or different position?
It was said they revised PP Suspension on s650 do you know what they've done on the suspension and difference with s550? Also revised 10sp AT was that software or Hardware ? Also have you driven the Non MR s650 in comparison cause im getting mixed reviews that s650 they can't tell differences on public roads. Im contemplating if I should not add the MR and stick with Stock.

Cheers

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Thank you. Were you in the assembly line or different position?
It was said they revised PP Suspension on s650 do you know what they've done on the suspension and difference with s550? Also revised 10sp AT was that software or Hardware ?

Cheers
I was in a strategic role within Engineering working on products being delivered to every region. The S650 suspension has the same hard points as S550 but different geometry in some localized regions to help with performance and tram lining. S650 also gets the latest and greatest MagneRide dampening technology carryover from the Raptor program so you can expect some different dampening rates there. The suspension is overall extremely similar but has quite a different feel. The 10-Speed AT hardware is carryover but has revised tuning and shift points. the steering ratio / rack have been completely re-engineered and met with mixed reviews among enthusiasts. Many parts and components have been re-tooled and re-sourced with the intention of providing better quality over the previous platform.

OP
OP
Eremyjay

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I was in a strategic role within Engineering working on products being delivered to every region. The S650 suspension has the same hard points as S550 but different geometry in some localized regions to help with performance and tram lining. S650 also gets the latest and greatest MagneRide dampening technology carryover from the Raptor program so you can expect some different dampening rates there. The suspension is overall extremely similar but has quite a different feel. The 10-Speed AT hardware is carryover but has revised tuning and shift points. the steering ratio / rack have been completely re-engineered and met with mixed reviews among enthusiasts. Many parts and components have been re-tooled and re-sourced with the intention of providing better quality over the previous platform.

Ah nice, Are you aware with Australian prototype also ? The Australian models varies from the US version, with a different exhaust manifold and calibration to suit different noise and emission regulations, while US and ECE rating procedures are also different. Aside from the exhaust manifold, the engine hardware is the same. Also lot of people really wished that Ford would convert the Hand break RHD and the cup holder opposite side as it throws you off having bottle in the way when shifting gears where it's currently positioned. :p

Has there been any changes on the MT82-D4? A lot of positive feed back with the s650 MT!

Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Damn that was an interesting read.
This is the kind of experience that I would love to have a beer and chat about. Gotta be some interesting stories deeper in these programs you were part of.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Thanks for confirming that note on the 10 speed AT that there were no hardware changes. Now Ford should do the right thing and re-flash every S550 10 speed to this updated programming if it truly smooths out the experience. The S550 tuning on the 10 speed was atrocious...especially compared to the Camaro 10 speed programming. Maybe this would stop the ongoing lawsuits and complaints.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thanks for confirming that note on the 10 speed AT that there were no hardware changes. Now Ford should do the right thing and re-flash every S550 10 speed to this updated programming if it truly smooths out the experience. The S550 tuning on the 10 speed was atrocious...especially compared to the Camaro 10 speed programming. Maybe this would stop the ongoing lawsuits and complaints.
You are assuming there are no control system changes for the A10 (not the same as hardware changes in the gearbox). There is no certainty that any changes could be retro fitted to the S550 and even if they could who is going to pay to reflash every gearbox plus fix the small percentage of cars that then cannot be driven when the reflash fails? Not you I assume :crackup:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
You are assuming there are no control system changes for the A10 (not the same as hardware changes in the gearbox). There is no certainty that any changes could be retro fitted to the S550 and even if they could who is going to pay to reflash every gearbox plus fix the small percentage of cars that then cannot be driven when the reflash fails? Not you I assume :crackup:
Flashing software is as easy as flipping a switch can even be done over the air.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Flashing software is as easy as flipping a switch can even be done over the air.
Only if the hardware and firmware support it.

Try 'flashing' sync2 hardware with sync3 software and see where you get too.

If you look at Ford car modules you will see a hardware ID level and a software / firmware ID level for each module on each car. These also all interact with each other. There will be limits on versions of software relating to versions of hardware for different build years and even within years.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only if the hardware and firmware support it.

Try 'flashing' sync2 hardware with sync3 software and see where you get too.

If you look at Ford car modules you will see a hardware ID level and a software / firmware ID level for each module on each car. These also all interact with each other. There will be limits on versions of software relating to versions of hardware for different build years and even within years.
While I acknowledge the assumptions presented the cost aspect is irrelevant.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Erm - only if you are going to pay!

Re-flashing 100k cars at dealers is NOT irrelevant concerning cost. Who will pay the dealers to do it?
As easy as flipping a switch
Sponsored