• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Where are the ones saying that panel fitment issues are something we must accept and that they aren't a real problem?
I don't recall anyone specifically saying that. I do recall many saying the cars we saw were pre-production so calm the fuck down and wait to see what the production cars look like on the panel gaps

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Yep, there are always two extreme sides.

People who like German cars and hate on everything that is not German.

People who like Americans cars and hate everything that is not American.

I am not on one of those extreme sided. I'm like many others who appreciate all good looking and good sounding cars. It could be from any brand.

But people like me gets a lot of hate from everybody, because I don't choose any side.

And besided me there are more people in between than people who are an extreme European of American car lovers.

Those people including me love the Mustang and put them on the same level as a Audi RS5, BMW M4, Mercedes AMG.

Pricewise, the Mustang is way cheaper. But I don't care about the price. I care about how I feel where the car belongs.

A Mustang is just a badass looking car. Especially in Europe where this car is a unique species.

When driving in the US, you see Mustangs every second, so it's not really that special.

It's the same as how I see German cars. I see them the whole day, every day. Nothing special because everybody has them.

This is something psychologically. We want to have something different to feel unique.

But you also see a lot of channels on YouTube where Mustangs get compared with BMW's, Mercedes and Audi's top models. Especially Carwow and this very famous Canadian channel which I forgot the name of.

There is no single car in the world that is as famous as a Mustang.

And that's why I car a lot about these panel gap problems. Some people see that as hate, but it isn't.

Think of this. You bought a brand new car. You are very happy with that car. You are driving months with that car and you feel very proud. Than some guy came to you and he pointed out all these panel gaps that you did not see.

That feels bad right? Probably many people did not even noticd these gaps until someone else showed it to them (me).

It not a personal attack. It was just to let people know that we should not accept these flaws so that Ford would fix this issue.

Mustangs have these problems since day one, but now, they finally are going to do something about it.

Not because we closed our mouth and ignored the issue.
They are going to do something about it because people are noticing these problems and adressing them here on the forum.

So yeah, the Flat Rock plant has some delays now, but it's for a good reason.

Now you guys will have good panels on your brand new car.

Let me open a gofundme link so you guys can donate a Dollar for me to buy a Mustang here in Europe that costs 120.000 USD :(
90% of the car review videos on YouTube are from amateur video bloggers and not really nationally recognized. BTW, some listings for new Mustangs go (in Germany) from 33,900 Euros to 71,990 Euros. Of course, they have VAT which we do not. The US military in Germany can buy American new cars (including Mustangs) for discount prices and can have them shipped back to the states for free when their tour is up.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
90% of the car review videos on YouTube are from amateur video bloggers and not really nationally recognized. BTW, some listings for new Mustangs go (in Germany) from 33,900 Euros to 71,990 Euros. Of course, they have VAT which we do not. The US military in Germany can buy American new cars (including Mustangs) for discount prices and can have them shipped back to the states for free when their tour is up.
I don't watch the amateur car vloggers.

I talked about CarWow and similar channels. This is a super professional car channel. Check it out. It's British but super good and entertaining.

As for Germany. YES. Germany is Europe's car heaven. Their prices are super low compared to where I live.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Let's not forget that new Toyotas are having engines blow left and right. Every brand is having issues, and has always had issues. But at least Ford is trying to rectify theirs. I can respect that. Nothing in this world is perfect my friend.
Toyota's new "hot-V" engine configuration in the LC 300 'Cruiser is an oil guzzling lemon.
For those not aware of it:
https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/landcruiser-300s-v6-turbo-diesel-oil-consumption-problem

Accepting poor quality should never be tolerated, and it's sad the fanboys have to make excuses on behalf of the manuafacturers.

These delays are a good sign that quality is being taken seriously.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Listen from 5:19

Stangmode definitely talking about my panel gap topic and why the Dearborn factory is down.
I'm officialy fixing stuff for you guys.
Seriously, Mustangs owners has been complaining about panel fitment issues forever. There is nothing new about this. But, having said that, if someone at Ford actually read your original post and the resulting thread we are genuinely grateful. Maybe, just maybe, Ford will take our rants seriously and do something about it. We all know that it would not that difficult. They just have decide to make it a priority.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Toyota's new "hot-V" engine configuration in the LC 300 'Cruiser is an oil guzzling lemon.
For those not aware of it:
https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/landcruiser-300s-v6-turbo-diesel-oil-consumption-problem

Accepting poor quality should never be tolerated, and it's sad the fanboys have to make excuses on behalf of the manuafacturers.

These delays are a good sign that quality is being taken seriously.
Exactly, the new tundra, tundra based suv, Tacoma, gr86, Corolla gr, newer Camry, their electric crossover, those are all some examples of Toyotas experiencing severe reliability and quality issues right now. Same is happening with every Japanese brand, Honda has class action lawsuits over virtually every automatic transmission it's used over the last 20 years for mass failure rates. Subaru head gaskets and cvts are made of glass, and a Nissan can barely get past 50k without falling apart like the blues brothers mobile at the end of the movie.

All brands have issues, I reason I've started to despise Japanese cars on a deep level is theirs seem to be overlooked, while people dwell on the issue of other brands. Nissan knows the cvts they use are trash, but they get away with using them over and over. Whereas when Ford tries to rectify issues before mass production begins, they're attacked.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Exactly, the new tundra, tundra based suv, Tacoma, gr86, Corolla gr, newer Camry, their electric crossover, those are all some examples of Toyotas experiencing severe reliability and quality issues right now. Same is happening with every Japanese brand, Honda has class action lawsuits over virtually every automatic transmission it's used over the last 20 years for mass failure rates. Subaru head gaskets and cvts are made of glass, and a Nissan can barely get past 50k without falling apart like the blues brothers mobile at the end of the movie.

All brands have issues, I reason I've started to despise Japanese cars on a deep level is theirs seem to be overlooked, while people dwell on the issue of other brands. Nissan knows the cvts they use are trash, but they get away with using them over and over. Whereas when Ford tries to rectify issues before mass production begins, they're attacked.
I worked for a Toyota dealer (assistant service & parts manager)back in the mid 70's. 20R motors were blowing head gaskets left and right. The Datsun dealer down the street was dealing with rust buckets all day long. Back then I never understood how Japanese cars got the reputation they did. Maybe its because we worked so hard to keep our customers happy.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Seriously, Mustangs owners has been complaining about panel fitment issues forever. There is nothing new about this. But, having said that, if someone at Ford actually read your original post and the resulting thread we are genuinely grateful. Maybe, just maybe, Ford will take our rants seriously and do something about it. We all know that it would not that difficult. They just have decide to make it a priority.
I genuinly feel that my thread made the difference. Yes, there were more threads about panel issues in the past. But people did not make a very big deal out of it.

Most of them took it for granted and people who did not, went back to the dealership and asked to fix it for them, so problem solved.

But my thread was that little extra that we needed to make a statement. I genuinly feel that I opened some eyes because I know that many of the Mustang owners were not even aware of their own panels until I pointed it out for them.

That feels bad right?

Imagine buying a car, driving it proudly for months, and then somebody asks you if your car was in an accident before.

You ask why the hell you asking these stupid questions.

And than he starts pointing out all the panel gaps on your car that you did not even noticed before.

From that day you will look differently to your own car and that is what happened to some of the people.

Ford does not want to have a huge recall (again). Especially when people are going to decide to not accept the car anymore with those gaps coming from the factory and let the dealership fix those things for them.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
That is why in general I always wait until Job 1 and some production lines are done before ordering. I also amazed by the many orders people have made without actually knowing the performance and technical specs of the car (apart from a few numbers).

I will lean back and wait. I am pretty sure orders will be also delayed in Europe. They say late summer, but I am tending to believe it will be more autumn or later.

I am also curious if a 60th anniversary edition will come to play. If so, maybe it is worth the wait even though no serious changed will apply.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I genuinly feel that my thread made the difference. Yes, there were more threads about panel issues in the past. But people did not make a very big deal out of it.

Most of them took it for granted and people who did not, went back to the dealership and asked to fix it for them, so problem solved.

But my thread was that little extra that we needed to make a statement. I genuinly feel that I opened some eyes because I know that many of the Mustang owners were not even aware of their own panels until I pointed it out for them.

That feels bad right?

Imagine buying a car, driving it proudly for months, and then somebody asks you if your car was in an accident before.

You ask why the hell you asking these stupid questions.

And than he starts pointing out all the panel gaps on your car that you did not even noticed before.

From that day you will look differently to your own car and that is what happened to some of the people.

Ford does not want to have a huge recall (again). Especially when people are going to decide to not accept the car anymore with those gaps coming from the factory and let the dealership fix those things for them.
This is Ford we're talking about, the automaker that issues recalls for their recalls.

Even with this 3 week idle of S650 production to supposedly work out the kinks, I have no doubt there will still be a recall on it.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
How do you get your big head through doorways? You do not have that much pull!
Sponsored