• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I swear my topic on panel alignments shook their Flat Rock plant.

You all have to thank me now 😂
Lol,.. Thanks but I wanted Ford to offer a Tremec option and standalone MagneRide on the GT. Can you start a topic about Ford's customization limits and "shake" the company some more?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Lol,.. Thanks but I wanted Ford to offer a Tremec option and standalone MagneRide on the GT. Can you start a topic about Ford's customization limits and "shake" the company some more?
It's possible if people over here come at me again with two straight legs and start a huge issue again.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I genuinly feel that my thread made the difference. Yes, there were more threads about panel issues in the past. But people did not make a very big deal out of it.

Most of them took it for granted and people who did not, went back to the dealership and asked to fix it for them, so problem solved.

But my thread was that little extra that we needed to make a statement. I genuinly feel that I opened some eyes because I know that many of the Mustang owners were not even aware of their own panels until I pointed it out for them.

That feels bad right?

Imagine buying a car, driving it proudly for months, and then somebody asks you if your car was in an accident before.

You ask why the hell you asking these stupid questions.

And than he starts pointing out all the panel gaps on your car that you did not even noticed before.

From that day you will look differently to your own car and that is what happened to some of the people.

Ford does not want to have a huge recall (again). Especially when people are going to decide to not accept the car anymore with those gaps coming from the factory and let the dealership fix those things for them.
I thought you were joking about your thread being the tipping point but you're serious about this lmao

Mustang fans have been complaining about Ford's inability to assemble these things since first deliveries of S550s. Hundreds of threads and probably thousands of comments inside and outside of M6G/M7G

But every thread's appreciated since Ford's QC truly is unapologetically subpar

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Exactly, the new tundra, tundra based suv, Tacoma, gr86, Corolla gr, newer Camry, their electric crossover, those are all some examples of Toyotas experiencing severe reliability and quality issues right now. Same is happening with every Japanese brand, Honda has class action lawsuits over virtually every automatic transmission it's used over the last 20 years for mass failure rates. Subaru head gaskets and cvts are made of glass, and a Nissan can barely get past 50k without falling apart like the blues brothers mobile at the end of the movie.

All brands have issues, I reason I've started to despise Japanese cars on a deep level is theirs seem to be overlooked, while people dwell on the issue of other brands. Nissan knows the cvts they use are trash, but they get away with using them over and over. Whereas when Ford tries to rectify issues before mass production begins, they're attacked.
Not sure the real data actually matches your opinion?

Nissan seem to have fixed their CVT problems on newer cars

2022 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study | J.D. Power (jdpower.com)

2022 What Car? Reliability Survey: family cars | What Car?

2022 What Car? Reliability Survey: family SUVs | What Car?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I worked for a Toyota dealer (assistant service & parts manager)back in the mid 70's. 20R motors were blowing head gaskets left and right. The Datsun dealer down the street was dealing with rust buckets all day long. Back then I never understood how Japanese cars got the reputation they did. Maybe its because we worked so hard to keep our customers happy.
Because the mid 70's US alternatives were even worse! :crackup:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I genuinly feel that my thread made the difference. Yes, there were more threads about panel issues in the past. But people did not make a very big deal out of it.

Most of them took it for granted and people who did not, went back to the dealership and asked to fix it for them, so problem solved.

But my thread was that little extra that we needed to make a statement. I genuinly feel that I opened some eyes because I know that many of the Mustang owners were not even aware of their own panels until I pointed it out for them.

That feels bad right?

Imagine buying a car, driving it proudly for months, and then somebody asks you if your car was in an accident before.

You ask why the hell you asking these stupid questions.

And than he starts pointing out all the panel gaps on your car that you did not even noticed before.

From that day you will look differently to your own car and that is what happened to some of the people.

Ford does not want to have a huge recall (again). Especially when people are going to decide to not accept the car anymore with those gaps coming from the factory and let the dealership fix those things for them.
🤣 i know you don't really think a $50b public company halted production on a flagship car because of a forum post

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Lol i know you don't think a $50b company halted production on a flagship car because of a thread on here. They

🤣 i know you don't really think a $50b public company halted production on a flagship car because of a forum post
Im pretty sure I see a gofund me in his signature because of his services :crackup:
Sponsored