• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Farley: 2024 Mustangs Begin Shipping Next Week! - 13,000 U.S. Orders So Far (67% V8 Take Rate)

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
People hate to hear this but gas cars are dead.. Trucks SUVs and EV are the it things.
These numbers are like most in the industry.
Give it 15 yrs of the EV, once our horrible EV and power grid blows up and leaves millions without power. They will reverse bring gas engines back regardless of sales. I hear the movement but don't see it lasting because we have yet to beef up the power grid or do anything to make me think it will work as intended. Which is already behind and barely keeping up now. Also too much money in the oil to just go 50 to 70% EV. I've always said that the companies and investors just want to get EV sales to half of what gas sales are to get a profit. Only way to do that is force the EV on us and take away gas. Then bring back gas engines and increase the price. Too many jobs, and money lost not keep gas plus the crime rate gonna get outrageous at changing stations lol. But this is just car wise. SUV and trucks have to remain gas.. batteries can't pull loads.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I donā€™t understand this power grid argument at all.
We all have stoves, and dryers.
Itā€™s not going to be anymore of a problem than the current system.

itā€™s just like using my oven for an hour or doing laundry.

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco

LoL..
I would compare the AC unit before a stove for electric needs.
My original comment was not to stir up an EV debate.. Iā€™m saying gas cars are dead Which is bleeding into the sports car segment..
The trends are SUVs and trucks right now.. with a touch of EV. .

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered

California can't keep up today, let alone when there are more electric cars on the road. The rest of the US isn't any better in terms of that kind of demand. We couldn't possibly run that many EVs on the current grid, and getting homes outfitted for electric cars will be a huge effort too. An EV can power a house. Nothing like running a dryer or stove.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

How many EV's they want x power needs of charging these daily.... you can't see the issue?

Stoves and dryers are used for an hour or less at a time. Current GOVERNMENT wants to elim gas powered appliances, so add that additional load as well. They also want to limit nuclear power and eliminate coal power. Leaving already proven to be pathetic solar and wind power to provide.

Major city residents will be enjoying being told when they can run their appliances and AC. Now it's pleas to do so. Just wait till they throttle down and force it.

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Agreed completely.
Also agree, and really these EVā€™s are worse for the environment
these car companies are going to end up losing money, which means people will be out of jobs! my Nephew had a Tesla for a year, and then sold it for Cadillac Escalade

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
How many EV's they want x power needs of charging these daily.... you can't see the issue?

Stoves and dryers are used for an hour or less at a time. But add that additional load as well. They also wants to limit nuclear power and eliminate coal power. Leaving already proven pathetic solar and wind power to provide.

Major city residents will be enjoying being told when they can run their appliances and AC. Now it's pleas to do so. Just wait till they throttle down and force it.
Not to mention people who live in apartments.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You canā€™t cook or wash clothes when the power is out. We have been 3 days without power before.
I donā€™t understand why people donā€™t have a problem with people trying to control them??

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
LoL..
I would compare the AC unit before a stove for electric needs.
My original comment was not to stir up an EV debate.. Iā€™m saying gas cars are dead Which is bleeding into the sports car segment..
The trends are SUVs and trucks right now.. with a touch of EV. .
Luckily, for now, the 5.0 can share some development costs with the F150 and slide right in to the Mustang.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Imagine everyone running their stoves for 8 hours a night. Or maybe every other night. Still a lot more demand than what's required today.

Regarding panhandlers, I take 5 minutes to fill up and got hit up often enough that now I prefer Sam's because the attendant there won't stand for beggars harassing people. 20-30 minutes parked at a charging station makes you more exposed. I guess the panhandlers are staying away right now because there's less "clientele" turnover at a charging station.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You canā€™t cook or wash clothes when the power is out. We have been 3 days without power before.
I donā€™t understand why people donā€™t have a problem with people trying to control them??
Dude ā€¦ Iā€™ve been stranded at the gas station and unable to get gasoline when the power goes out.
Literally no difference.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude ā€¦ Iā€™ve been stranded at the gas station and unable to get gasoline when the power goes out.
Literally no difference.
first, Iā€˜m not a dude! And there is a huge difference! Iā€™m not letting anyone tell me what I have to Drive. The Electric cars are NOT for everyone ! There are a lot of us that will Not own one

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I don't own an EV and have no plans to buy one. I have a V8 and just ordered another (Mustang) and am keeping both. I also have a 1900cc motorcycle that I ride a lot. A LOT. My other two cars are both V6 (one of them with a super charger) Just wanted to give that caveat that I own 5 vehicles, none of which are fuel efficient. So i am not "anti oil".

While I agree that EVs will not replace ICE (I think we'll have very efficient hybrids that use solid state batteries but still have a small gas motor to charge the batteries and we might even have e-fuel that Porsche and Toyota are working on which is carbon neutral), the power grid arguments are exaggerated.

EVs typically charge at night when we have access capacity of energy. Even during the day, States and Provinces are increasing the capacity.

The power outage argument is moot. Gas stations don't work without power either. We will have EVs that won't need charging during the day (except during road trips). As far as apartments are concerned, they'll add EV chargers or it'll be like Europe where street EV outlets are literally everywhere.

EVs don't have to replace ICE. I think it'll even out where half the cars will be EV, the other half will be very efficient plug-in hybrids that mostly run on battery but still have the engine to charge the battery. And then there will be some ICE enthusiast cars.
Sponsored