• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Farley: 2024 Mustangs Begin Shipping Next Week! - 13,000 U.S. Orders So Far (67% V8 Take Rate)

ILoveTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
So glad that my Mustang is being built next week. Means it won't have to sit out in the elements before being shipped.
Me too. Finally got a window sticker which shows a blend date of 8/17.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I got one of those too. Ford telling me to build a mustang knowing damn well mine is already built and sitting in a lot.
I got the same email as well. Hoping mine arrives before my 75th birthday in a few months. I'm not getting any younger. 🙃

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Not compared to other cars, obviously, but this is a niche product.

Here's some model year sales figures from previous gen:

Remember that 13k is just 3 months and it was paused for production issues…. See what it looks like next year.

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Not compared to other cars, obviously, but this is a niche product.

Here's some model year sales figures from previous gen:

People hate to hear this but gas cars are dead.. Trucks SUVs and EV are the it things.
These numbers are like most in the industry.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Very likely this is the final gas powered generation, maybe we get a facelift, or we just do the dodge move and build the last ICE cars and performance variants off this over the next 2-3 years.

Don’t be so surprised if this is the final 5.0

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Now they’re just messing with me, right?

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg
This was just a broadcast e-mail, letting people know that they could come get a Mustang. You don't have to buy it, mind you, you just have to come to the lot to get it--judging from the news stories I've been reading. :)

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I got one of those too. Ford telling me to build a mustang knowing damn well mine is already built and sitting in a lot.
I get the distinct feeling I'm being patronized.

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
People hate to hear this but gas cars are dead.. Trucks SUVs and EV are the it things.
These numbers are like most in the industry.
I don't know if gas cars are "dead" yet. EVs in North America count for < 10% for all vehicle sales despite massive government subsidies.

What happened was that consumers stopped buying cars and moved to SUVs (a tend I hate). 21% of vehicles sales are passenger cars, 79% are trucks and SUVs. Coupes _really_ went down in sales.

The flip side is that now coupes like Mustangs are bought by enthusiasts who want a sporty car. IMO, that might explain why 2 out of 3 Mustangs sold in 2023 are v8 and not ecoboosts.

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I don't know if gas cars are "dead" yet. EVs in North America count for < 10% for all vehicle sales despite massive government subsidies.

What happened was that consumers stopped buying cars and moved to SUVs (a tend I hate). 21% of vehicles sales are passenger cars, 79% are trucks and SUVs. Coupes _really_ went down in sales.

The flip side is that now coupes like Mustangs are bought by enthusiasts who want a sporty car. IMO, that might explain why 2 out of 3 Mustangs sold in 2023 are v8 and not ecoboosts.
If they aren’t dead why did ford stop selling them followed by GM? The sales numbers of Mustang are not great either. Ford will hold on to Mustang as long as they can because it’s a major piece of history. This explains why the Mach E has a Mustang name. They see the writing on the wall and sadly the future of a pure car is over.
Enthusiast are a small dedicated segment but by no means is a means to really move the needle in the auto world.
Brands need halo cars for sure.. but it’s to bring people in a show room..

I love the Mustang and hope it makes 5 more generations with out going Ev or being turned into a sports SUV but do not kid your self.. Those days are coming.

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
If they aren’t dead why did ford stop selling them followed by GM? The sales numbers of Mustang are not great either.
Uh, when you said "gas *cars* are dead", I read it as "gas *vehicles" are dead" but you meant "gas *sedans* are dead".

In that case I agree with you and we were saying the same things.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
If they aren’t dead why did ford stop selling them followed by GM?
When Mr. Toyoda was asked why Toyota hasn't gone all in on EVs, he said the silent majority doesn't want them and most of the world can't handle the electrical demand. Toyota is also working on a hydrogen engine. Yes, our government is pushing us to EVs, but it isn't clear we can get there ourselves. Recent reports seem to indicate Americans are increasingly unconvinced and even switching back to ICE. EVs may be inevitable, but I'd bet we're going to have a harder time completely switching than many people imagine. 🤷🏼‍♂️ There are other interesting technologies, including batteries (even Toyota says they've got a 700+ mile battery in the works for 2027), that may get us over some of the hurdles.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
The SUV is really what is causing all the sedans to disappear.
A base model sedan isn't catered towards enthusiast, and has no character. So its basically an econobox.
Why pay 30-40k for a econobox sedan when you can pay the same for an SUV and get the extra space and utility?
When Mr. Toyoda was asked why Toyota hasn't gone all in on EVs, he said the silent majority doesn't want them and most of the world can't handle the electrical demand. Toyota is also working on a hydrogen engine. Yes, our government is pushing us to EVs, but it isn't clear we can get there ourselves. Recent reports seem to indicate Americans are increasingly unconvinced and even switching back to ICE. EVs may be inevitable, but I'd bet we're going to have a harder time completely switching than many people imagine. 🤷🏼‍♂️ There are other interesting technologies, including batteries (even Toyota says they've got a 700+ mile battery in the works for 2027), that may get us over some of the hurdles.
Toyota was trying to kill the EV bill in the US because they invested ALOT of money on their Hydrogen tech and the EV bill was strictly for EVs.

The US isn't pushing alternative fuels, they are pushing EV's. You can thank lobbying for that. This isn't a question of what is better for the public, this is a forced economical shift to EV's.

Notice how we went from a handful of established ICE car manufacturers to COUNTLESS EV manufacturers selling cars in the US.

I dont know exactly why people hate EV's but I am sure that forcing people to buy them, and all the corrupt politicians making this a political agenda is high on that list.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
The US isn't pushing alternative fuels, they are pushing EV's. You can thank lobbying for that. This isn't a question of what is better for the public, this is a forced economical shift to EV's.
I dont know exactly why people hate EV's but I am sure that forcing people to buy them, and all the corrupt politicians making this a political agenda is high on that list.
Agreed completely.
Sponsored