• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you think there will be a GT350 or GT500 in first year of the New S650 2022/2023 ? ? ? ?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I'm interested in whether or not there will be a S650 GT500, and will it be hybrid assisted.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
More likely that we'll see another "Boss" edition so they can maintain the copyright/IP rights. Bullitt, GT350, GT500, and Mach 1 are all covered for a while.
More like a Boss-E in the Mustang's future.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm interested in whether or not there will be a S650 GT500, and will it be hybrid assisted.
No one knows about the plans for a Shelby badged S650 yet (we can hope but it is unlikely). The latest information we have is that we will not see a hybrid S650 and will go directly to an all electric S750.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I hope the hybrid tech isn't limited to the high-performance variants of the Mustang. But maybe that's just me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I hope the hybrid tech isn't limited to the high-performance variants of the Mustang. But maybe that's just me.
Although I'd like to see one, there is no reason for Ford to do a Mustang Hybrid. The EB and Coyote are solid and without any competition will do just fine until 2028 when we get the S750 EV.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Although I'd like to see one, there is no reason for Ford to do a Mustang Hybrid. The EB and Coyote are solid and without any competition will do just fine until 2028 when we get the S750 EV.
There is a very good reason and it’s called emissions. Ford can’t sell the Mustang in Europe or elsewhere anymore and I doubt they’ll be able to apply the necessary changes without hybrid tech. It would be a huge thumbs up for car enthusiasts but an even bigger letdown for the rest of the world as they wouldn’t be able to buy the new Mustang. I just cannot imagine Ford getting around those over the top emission regulations without some form of electrification
 Mercedes and BMW can’t so why should Ford be able to pull it off?

Besides, the S650 has been spotted with European mirrors
 Doesn’t mean we’ll get it but since Ford was very impressed with sales in Europe, especially in Germany I doubt they’re willing sacrificing sales
 We also know that by 2025 Ford Germany won’t sell ICE cars anymore. Hybrid and full EV only

Maybe they skip the initial S650 and we’ll get the refresh but that would be unusual as well.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
There is a very good reason and it’s called emissions. Ford can’t sell the Mustang in Europe or elsewhere anymore and I doubt they’ll be able to apply the necessary changes without hybrid tech. It would be a huge thumbs up for car enthusiasts but an even bigger letdown for the rest of the world as they wouldn’t be able to buy the new Mustang. I just cannot imagine Ford getting around those over the top emission regulations without some form of electrification

Doesn’t mean we’ll get it but since Ford was very impressed with sales in Europe, especially in Germany I doubt they’re willing sacrificing sales
 We also know that by 2025 Ford Germany won’t sell ICE cars anymore. Hybrid and full EV only

Maybe they skip the initial S650 and we’ll get the refresh but that would be unusual as well.
Ford Cologne Plant is closing in 2025. Mustangs are not being manufactured there. Like the rest of the EU, Germany will not sell ICE vehicles starting in 2035 not 2025.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Ford Cologne Plant is closing in 2025. Mustangs are not being manufactured there. Like the rest of the EU, Germany will not sell ICE vehicles starting in 2035 not 2025.
Sry, but you are plain wrong. Ford is closing their plant in Saarlouise by 2025, yes (https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...-of-europe-chairman-confirms/?sh=16ecb4913e4b) , but I was talking about their new “European Electrification Center” in Cologne. Ford announced last year that they’re going to invest $1 billion in order to transform the Cologne plant into their main research and production plant in Europe (https://electrification-center.fordpresskits.com/) . Other locations, such as Saarlouise, have to be closed as EV’s simply have less parts to assembly.

Regarding ICE vehicles: it was also stated by Ford that they’ll no longer sell ICE cars in Germany after 2025 (source is above). They could theoretically but they won’t. That means that the new Mustang has to be a hybrid in order to be sold in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. Besides, there are rumors that some dealers where told that the Mustang is going hybrid in 2025 (https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-mustang-hybrid-2025 yeah, it’s Fox “news” but it was the easiest source to come by).

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd say "no", there will not be a GT350/500 in the first year of the S650, for the following reasons:

- The GT350/500 and now the Mach 1, have already been done
- Inflation. Consumers are only willing to pay so much
- Recession. We'll most likely be in a recession by the end of the year, or early '23
- Ford continues to struggle with parts supplier issues
- Ford can't fill orders for what it's selling now
- Ford is in the process of launching other lines, completely new cars
- It will be the first year of the car. Ford is going to be working out the kinks of the new bits
- Recently passed state, national and international environmental legislation

A Boss variant makes sense to be next; maybe it will be a ICE-only platform swan song.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Absolutely.

If Ford want to sell S650 outside the US, it almost HAS to be a hybrid within the next 3-4 years. So, perhaps they'll sell a pure V8 for a couple of years and introduce a hybrid later.

As for a Shelby in the first year? Probably not, although GT350 debuted for the end of the '15MY. But Ford and Shelby have a great relationship and I can't see that changing.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Absolutely.

If Ford want to sell S650 outside the US, it almost HAS to be a hybrid within the next 3-4 years. So, perhaps they'll sell a pure V8 for a couple of years and introduce a hybrid later.

As for a Shelby in the first year? Probably not, although GT350 debuted for the end of the '15MY. But Ford and Shelby have a great relationship and I can't see that changing.
I get the feeling that there won’t be a hybrid right from the get go. There is absolutely zero evidence or rumors pointing in that direction

That might change with the refresh but I still don’t see how that makes sense from a marketing standpoint
 S650 will be sold around April 23. If we’re lucky we get the first S650s around summer in Europe. Then they sell the V8 (no ecoboost for Europe right?!) for 18 months before the refresh hits the market? That might happen but I doubt Ford can earn a lot of money given the tight regulations and the fines they have to pay for every “gas guzzler”
 I cannot really imagine that Ford is selling enough EV’s in Germany within the next year or so so that fleet consumption isn’t cannibalizing their profits.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
How could a Shelby GT350 look like? They won’t come in an upgraded Coyote
 They don’t get the Predator and the Voodoo is gone
 They probably don’t get the 7.3L either and implementing hybrid tech into a low volume car isn’t really paying off

Maybe there won’t be another GT350
 But there will most certainly be an upscale S650 version, “Boss” likely, arriving maybe as a MY25 in 2024

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Absolutely.

Do you think Ford will spend the money to develop a hybrid if it is not needed in the US? We do not need a hybrid here for either mileage and/or emissions regulations. Also does Flat Rock have the capacity to produce a third version solely for export?

I’m afraid that the 2023 might very well be the last ICE Mustang you see. :frown:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope, I doubt they'd create a hybrid just for non-US sales. However, I remain with my glass half full...........until Ford confirms there is no hybrid :)

Now, I could be reading more into this statement than I should. For all I know it could mean that in order to make the V8 more environmentally friendly and regulatory compliant, they've strangled the non-US V8. Or it could mean it uses hybrid tech.....

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/s650-ford-mustang-confirmed-for-australia/

“Engine selection is really important, right. And what we pride ourselves on is giving the customer a lot of choice and selection to choose from. Clearly the V8 has been really successful in Mustang and it has a certain image that our customers associate with. What we need to do, though, is make the V8 more environmentally friendly and you need to make sure it’s regulatory compliant. And that’s absolutely something we have worked on and will certainly have in the next-generation Mustang.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yea, I think Boss is the most likely hi-po variants we'll see this gen. StangMode suggested in his last video that the Predator will only live on in the Raptor, not the S650. Soooo, beyond a Boss 302, I could see a de-stroked, aluminum Godzilla used for a range-topping Boss 429. All of this is assuming we don't see electrification in the hi-po variants.

What's always an option, however, is to send that bad boy to Vegas to have Shelby American convert it to a real Shelby đŸ€ đŸ˜Ž
Sponsored