• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
This makes me think a dark metallic red would be so nice on the dark horse. Take it a Shmidge darker than rapid red. I do think rapid red would go more nicely than race red if it was offered.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang in different colors sketches posted by Ford Performance DADD68A1-EA56-4C27-964A-BE58F9AD8587

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang in different colors sketches posted by Ford Performance dark horse mustang s650

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang in different colors sketches posted by Ford Performance dark horse mustang s650 rear
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There’s a few more on Ford Performance’s Facebook page. This makes me think a dark metallic red would be so nice on the dark horse. Take it a Shmidge darker than rapid red. I do think rapid red would go more nicely than race red if it was offered.

DADD68A1-EA56-4C27-964A-BE58F9AD8587.jpeg
Wondering if they’re gonna stick the Shelby-style Recaro shells in the DH since we’ve only seen it with pre-prod mock interiors. Judging from the angular bolster padding that matches up, I’m hoping so.

Those are some of my favorite seats, so much mid-section lateral support. They cheaped out on the Mach 1 and offered regular Recaros instead.

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
“But I’m 6’4 325 and I ain’t got space in them stupid race seats. And I want to heat and cool my backsweat.”
The cloth recaros gave the best little happy hug.

Wondering if they’re gonna stick the Shelby-style Recaro shells in the DH since we’ve only seen it with pre-prod mock interiors. Judging from the angular bolster padding that matches up, I’m hoping so.

Those are some of my favorite seats, so much mid-section lateral support. They cheaped out on the Mach 1 and offered regular Recaros instead.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
“But I’m 6’4 325 and I ain’t got space in them stupid race seats. And I want to heat and cool my backsweat.”
The cloth recaros gave the best little happy hug.
Convinced that the average Mustang body is why we’re perpetually stuck with La-Z-Boys in standard trim 😩

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Gold or bronze-colored wheels, subdued hues, with the dark red pearl paint.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Im convinced race red will actually look great vs rapid red. The brighter colors of Grabber blue, white, and yellow all look great. I would have to think race red will look amazing as well with a black accent package. Thats my color combo for sure.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Convinced that the average Mustang body is why we’re perpetually stuck with La-Z-Boys in standard trim 😩
I don't know what you're talking about? Mustang owners are all incredibly healthy and fit. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to eating a big Mac that's inside a bigger big Mac.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I felt like a child in my GT 😂
167cm and 73kg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
I don't know what color blue that is, but I'm loving it.

Now lets hope the DH is reasonably priced. I even like the headlights on that color with the DH bumper.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm 6'4" 200 lbs and the seats are small for me as well. My lats don't fit between the bolsters on the seat back and the seat bottom is also slightly too narrow. I do agree that the Mustang is designed to fit man-sized people, but I wish the seats would fit me a little better.

Personally I dislike the Recaros that come on Mustangs. They aren't good enough for real track driving unless you add a harness and they aren't adjustable or comfortable on the road either. IMO they are all show and lacking in functionality. I prefer the "sofa" cloth seats with a harness, because they cost a lot less, are better on the road and with a harness they work great on track.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'm 6'4" 200 lbs and the seats are small for me as well. My lats don't fit between the bolsters on the seat back and the seat bottom is also slightly too narrow. I do agree that the Mustang is designed to fit man-sized people, but I wish the seats would fit me a little better.

Personally I dislike the Recaros that come on Mustangs. They aren't good enough for real track driving unless you add a harness and they aren't adjustable or comfortable on the road either. IMO they are all show and lacking in functionality. I prefer the "sofa" cloth seats with a harness, because they cost a lot less, are better on the road and with a harness they work great on track.
Heh, fair enough. I think the standard Recaros are excellent for a DD, enough lateral support for daily driving and the lumbar works perfectly for me at lest; zero fatigue on long drives. Could definitely be better for auto-x or track work. But there’s a serious difference in the hip bolstering on the Shelby Recaros, they’ll hold your ass in place as if you dropped a bar of soap in prison.
Sponsored