• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car would not start

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
It’s funny that my car was built on 08/23 and probably been sitting on some parking lot for 5 months before I took her home.. the car was covered with snow and we have to jumpstart it just to hear the rumble.. ( this thing won’t start) maybe it was freezing and the battery was completely drained.. so the first thing I did when I brought the car home. I hooked up my battery tender trickle charger I left it hooked up for almost 5 days since I can’t use the car anyway, the whole town was covered in snow.. so far I have had no issue on my battery. I just keep it a habit to hook it up once in a while just to keep the battery on top. Charge..
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It’s funny that my car was built on 08/23 and probably been sitting on some parking lot for 5 months before I took her home.. the car was covered with snow and we have to jumpstart it just to hear the rumble.. ( this thing won’t start) maybe it was freezing and the battery was completely drained.. so the first thing I did when I brought the car home. I hooked up my battery tender trickle charger I left it hooked up for almost 5 days since I can’t use the car anyway, the whole town was covered in snow.. so far I have had no issue on my battery. I just keep it a habit to hook it up once in a while just to keep the battery on top. Charge..
Batteries like that can recover but deep discharging them shortens their life. Don't be surprised if in a year or two you develop battery problems even with the additional care you are giving it..

TK80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gran Torino
I know there had been another thread but it lacked any significant updates.

My vehicle failed to start a couple days ago after being driven for about 10 miles. It started fine that morning. Went into the grocery store for 15 min and the no start upon leaving. The below messages presented on the dash.

Ive read a couple threads where Gateway Modules were replaced and maybe one battery when this occurred. Has anyone else experienced this? After just sitting for about 20 min the car started. Put it on a slow charge and the tender light is green after many hours. Will give this a shot but if it happens again it will be going to the dealer. Car has 2500 miles
IMG_0859.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0862.jpeg
Maybe this is related?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/tsbs-ssms-and-recalls-for-the-24-mustang.157809/

11. 12/19/23 - 52142 - "Intermittent No Crank/No Start Condition With Various Lost Communication DTCs Stored In Various Modules And Multiple Illuminated Warning Indicators Displayed In The IPC"

Some 2024 Mustang vehicles may exhibit an intermittent no crank/no start condition with various loss of communication diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) stored in various modules and multiple illuminated warning indicators such as: anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning indicator, parking brake (red) indicator, brake warning indicator, parking brake (yellow) warning indicator and/or parking brake (red) indicator and/or stability-traction control indicator displayed in the instrumental panel cluster (IPC). To correct the condition, reprogram the ABS module using the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use the causal part number 2005 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Sponsored