• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car won't start . . . Latest update

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I have to admit I'm very disappointed. Even though my car is just a toy, I'd like to drive it a little more before it goes into storage. I can't imagine what it would be like for those who depend on their car as a daily driver. Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it will be at the dealership for another 2-3 weeks until the part comes in. I had planned on taking it on a trip to Indiana tomorrow. That obviously isn't going to happen. Even if they had fixed it this week, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable taking it on a 400 mile trip. Don't want to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself because I know many of you depend on your car to get back and forth to work. It's just very irritating and frustrating to wait 5 1/2 months for a car and have to listen to all the "hype", and then having it sit in the shop for several days (or possibly weeks) with 300+ miles on the odometer. Quality is job #1 šŸ˜‰
Agree 100%

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Thought I'd give everyone a quick update on the issue with my car. I've been communicating with Ford via email on this forum. They've asked a number of questions, and I thought they might be working with my dealer to find a solution to the issue. I don't know how common the problem is, but it seems like others are experiencing the same issue as well. Ford's email today advised me to take my car to the dealer to have a well trained technician look at it. Really? Sorry, Ford. I did that 3 days ago. Spoke to the service manager at my dealership just a few minutes ago and was told they had to order some type of harness, which is coming directly from Ford's supplier. Couldn't give me an ETA on the part or when my car will be repaired. Well, at least I got to put 380 miles on it. šŸ˜‰
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Jhs650gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Picked up my Dark Horse today! Drove it home and all was well. Took my wife out for a ride and all was fine. Parked for 10 minutes while I showed my car to a neighbor and then it would not start. Dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with all sorts of error codes and service items. The radio worked and there was power but the car would not start. I called the dealership who was actually awesome and they sent a tech to my house at 430 pm on a Saturday night!! He ran a diagnostic and all he got was a low voltage code but by then the Car magically started. He decided to replace the battery with a brand new one and then he was able to clear the code. Car started fine the rest of the evening. Still kinda concerning after 75 miles. The rest of the car is awesome and itā€™s a blast to drive. I hope thatā€™s the last of that issue.

S650 Mustang Car won't start . . . Latest update FullSizeRender

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Picked up my Dark Horse today! Drove it home and all was well. Took my wife out for a ride and all was fine. Parked for 10 minutes while I showed my car to a neighbor and then it would not start. Dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with all sorts of error codes and service items. The radio worked and there was power but the car would not start. I called the dealership who was actually awesome and they sent a tech to my house at 430 pm on a Saturday night!! He ran a diagnostic and all he got was a low voltage code but by then the Car magically started. He decided to replace the battery with a brand new one and then he was able to clear the code. Car started fine the rest of the evening. Still kinda concerning after 75 miles. The rest of the car is awesome and itā€™s a blast to drive. I hope thatā€™s the last of that issue.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
That's happened a few times. The batteries have been junk or there is a big ass bug on the front sensor.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Hopefully these cars arenā€™t as finicky as some Gm cars. Solstice snd Skyā€™s were very finicky to battery issues and electronics. Even if the battery tested good albeit on the low end all kinds of issues could arise. However our stock battery lasted 14 years so I canā€™t complain.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Glad it was just the battery and not the Gateway Module like my car. Hoping a new battery takes care of your problem. Beautiful car. :like:

Jhs650gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Thank you! Hope the battery does fix it. Started fine today. But certainly did not trust it yet. Didnā€™t go anywhere I had to shut it off. Just went for a ride. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Thank you! Hope the battery does fix it. Started fine today. But certainly did not trust it yet. Didnā€™t go anywhere I had to shut it off. Just went for a ride. Fingers crossed!
I know that feeling. Even though my car has been running fine since they replaced the module, in the back of my head I wonder if it's going to happen again every time I drive it.

OhioGuy73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Happened to me last night. It was sunny and in the 60ā€™s so I drive it to work. Left at 5pm and wouldnā€™t start and every warning light was on the screen. I work at a college and campus police jumped it and it started. All the warning lights still there but got it home. Dropping it off at dealer tonight.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I have to admit I'm very disappointed. Even though my car is just a toy, I'd like to drive it a little more before it goes into storage. Quality is job #1 šŸ˜‰
OP I am genuinely sorry that you are experiencing this kind of issue in your new ride, (Ford better fix this for you) but I can't resist holding back on my sarcastic comment here:

Quality is job one none.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Happened to me last night. It was sunny and in the 60ā€™s so I drive it to work. Left at 5pm and wouldnā€™t start and every warning light was on the screen. I work at a college and campus police jumped it and it started. All the warning lights still there but got it home. Dropping it off at dealer tonight.
You'll have to let us know what you learn. Hoping they fix it quick.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
OP I am genuinely sorry that you are experiencing this kind of issue in your new ride, (Ford better fix this for you) but I can't resist holding back on my sarcastic comment here:

Quality is job one none.
My car has been running fine since they replaced the Gateway Module. Still a little leery about driving it too far from home. Hopefully, everything will be okay.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
That really sucks. Hope it's nothing serious. I still think all the electrical gadgets and gizmos they're putting into today's cars is way overboard. Less is more.

OhioGuy73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I just dropped it off at the dealership. Iā€™ll update what they say.
Sponsored