• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car won't start . . .

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Went to take my car for a drive and it won't start. It's throwing all kinds of messages on the display, including Service Vehicle Soon. I grabbed my other fob just for grins and it started, but the minute I put it in reverse it died. I drove it last Saturday and it was fine. Car has 348 miles on it.
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
People seem to be complaining about the battery losing charge. Might be worth checking out with a volt meter.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Any fordpass messages or notices?

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Any fordpass messages or notices?
The only alerts I have are two (2) Tire Pressure Monitor System Warnings. I put new wheels and tires on last week and haven't been able to train the new ones. Apparently, Ford changed the TPS on the '24's. Waiting for a tool to train them.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only alerts I have are two (2) Tire Pressure Monitor System Warnings. I put new wheels and tires on last week and haven't been able to train the new ones. Apparently, Ford changed the TPS on the '24's. Waiting for a tool to train them.
Have you tried a forced reboot, I mean disconnect the batt for 2 mins. Would be discouraged but possibly encouraged if it’s battery related. A bad batch can be fixed a bad design more complicated.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Have you tried a forced reboot, I mean disconnect the batt for 2 mins. Would be discouraged but possibly encouraged if it’s battery related. A bad batch can be fixed a bad design more complicated.
Think I'm going to call the dealer and have it flat bedded there. I'll see what they say.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Called a tow truck shortly after my last post. Decided to try to start it one more time and guess what, it fired right up. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Dash lit up like a Christmas tree, but everything went away after it started. No alerts on my phone. Drove it to the dealership and left it there. Hopefully, they can diagnose something.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Went to take my car for a drive and it won't start. It's throwing all kinds of messages on the display, including Service Vehicle Soon. I grabbed my other fob just for grins and it started, but the minute I put it in reverse it died. I drove it last Saturday and it was fine. Car has 348 miles on it.
Hi there! I can look into your Mustang's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mustang's VIN?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Wifes Explorer does the same thing- Ford been trying to fix it for years : (

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Wifes Explorer does the same thing- Ford been trying to fix it for years : (
I'm guessing it's an electrical gremlin somewhere. Not sure what to think at this point. Ford has reached out to me, so I'm thankful for that. It is what it is. If having this issue with a "toy" is the worst thing to happen to me this week, I still consider myself a very blessed man. 🙂

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Called a tow truck shortly after my last post. Decided to try to start it one more time and guess what, it fired right up. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Dash lit up like a Christmas tree, but everything went away after it started. No alerts on my phone. Drove it to the dealership and left it there. Hopefully, they can diagnose something.
That’s usually what it takes is just to sit there. It seems to reset itself then, but no one should be having these kinds of problems!