• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car won't start . . . Latest update

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
When I was in Ohio ..The Dealer in mentor was the best Ford dealership I’ve ever been too .. now that im in the south I’m surrounded by dumba&$ dealerships
I was just back up there a week ago and drove past Montrose Ford. Decided not to go give em grief for the issue that came up here a month ago. Scummy dealerships everywhere it seems.
Sponsored

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Same thing happened to me. Car would not start with warnings on the dash. Would then start with warnings and shut off when put into gear. Sat for 30 minutes and started up normally. Dealer replaced the battery. So, we’ll see. Mine was built in September and I just bought it in December. Probably sat for a bit.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Well, I had my issue the same as some of you on the Forum today. Went out to get ready to head in to work for the Nightshift at the Chemical Plant and no start. All the same things happened as described here with all of the Warning Lights on. Tried to use Remote Start and it barely turned over. Hopped back inside and still nothing. Next attempt, got it started and as soon as I put it in Reverse, it died. Did a combination of different things and once again, got it running. Went to Reverse and died. Now, this is about to cause me a shift of work because I can't get it out of the Garage. Made my phone calls and that was about 2 minutes and then made 1 last attempt and it was Normal. No Warning Lights or anything so now I'm confused. I know that this new S650 has all the New Displays and that means more for the ECM's and Modules but this is irritating. Will be dropping it off at the Dealer where I purchased it from and see what they come up with, if they can get it to replicate at all.

Ughhh ... Frustrated

Deleted member 60890

Thought I'd give everyone a quick update on the issue with my car. I've been communicating with Ford via email on this forum. They've asked a number of questions, and I thought they might be working with my dealer to find a solution to the issue. I don't know how common the problem is, but it seems like others are experiencing the same issue as well. Ford's email today advised me to take my car to the dealer to have a well trained technician look at it. Really? Sorry, Ford. I did that 3 days ago. Spoke to the service manager at my dealership just a few minutes ago and was told they had to order some type of harness, which is coming directly from Ford's supplier. Couldn't give me an ETA on the part or when my car will be repaired. Well, at least I got to put 380 miles on it. 😉
Oh no! Man I can’t believe it! Come on Ford!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
So all these no start issues seem to be the GT correct? If so, not sure what to make of that unless it's happening with the EB's too?

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Oh no! Man I can’t be leave it! Come on Ford!!
Ford came through and repaired my car within 4 days. Replaced the Gateway Module. The dealership where I purchased my car has been nothing short of amazing. Car seems to be fine since the module was replaced, but I still worry it might happen again. I put my car into storage at the end of October, so I guess only time will tell.

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
So all these no start issues seem to be the GT correct? If so, not sure what to make of that unless it's happening with the EB's too?
The turbocharger wastegate was replaced in my ecoboost after a little over 300 miles

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Picked up my Dark Horse today! Drove it home and all was well. Took my wife out for a ride and all was fine. Parked for 10 minutes while I showed my car to a neighbor and then it would not start. Dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with all sorts of error codes and service items. The radio worked and there was power but the car would not start. I called the dealership who was actually awesome and they sent a tech to my house at 430 pm on a Saturday night!! He ran a diagnostic and all he got was a low voltage code but by then the Car magically started. He decided to replace the battery with a brand new one and then he was able to clear the code. Car started fine the rest of the evening. Still kinda concerning after 75 miles. The rest of the car is awesome and it’s a blast to drive. I hope that’s the last of that issue.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Interesting,
I was looking at a 2024 GT to test drive..
The salesman said it only had 5 miles on it.
Guess What?
The Battery was Dead.
Sitting on the Lot.

Jhs650gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Interesting,
I was looking at a 2024 GT to test drive..
The salesman said it only had 5 miles on it.
Guess What?
The Battery was Dead.
Sitting on the Lot.
I had so many issues with the Dark Horse including leaky cv joints and oil leaks that I traded it 6 weeks and only 216 miles into ownership. Luckily was offered $500 less than I paid. So I got my tax money back too. It was a $500 lesson. But glad to have gotten out of it. It was a fun car but I don’t have the patience to be at the dealer constantly

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Does ford run a single or dual battery setup on these vehicles ?
Does anyone have the specs for the OE battery ?
Size class / Type and thus CCA and AH rating and who the oem is behind the battery ?

I would hope for the start/stop cars that ford are using a dual battery setup at least. My mercedes has a small motorcycle style battery tucked away at the bottom of the rear bulkhead which is used for auxiliary power when the engine is off (so when parked and when s/s is activated) that way you don't drain the starter battery when the vehicle is off.

For it's size the battery is quite high capacity it just can't deliver anywhere near the cranking amps to start the engine.

Sounds a bit like the vehicle is not going to sleep properly when locked which is draining the battery (reminds me of an issue with range rovers when parked near a certain type of radio tower caused interference on the remote locking frequency keeping the car awake)

Edit - I've been looking through uk car parts suppliers but can only find parts for S550's and they're only showing up type 27 or type 75 batteries that are usually conventional wet batteries or at most EFB. The batteries look like they're half the size of the one was was fitted to my E60M5 (same size engine, a lot less electronics)

Last edited:

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Does ford run a single or dual battery setup on these vehicles ?
Does anyone have the specs for the OE battery ?
Size class / Type and thus CCA and AH rating and who the oem is behind the battery ?

I would hope for the start/stop cars that ford are using a dual battery setup at least. My mercedes has a small motorcycle style battery tucked away at the bottom of the rear bulkhead which is used for auxiliary power when the engine is off (so when parked and when s/s is activated) that way you don't drain the starter battery when the vehicle is off.

For it's size the battery is quite high capacity it just can't deliver anywhere near the cranking amps to start the engine.

Sounds a bit like the vehicle is not going to sleep properly when locked which is draining the battery (reminds me of an issue with range rovers when parked near a certain type of radio tower caused interference on the remote locking frequency keeping the car awake)

Edit - I've been looking through uk car parts suppliers but can only find parts for S550's and they're only showing up type 27 or type 75 batteries that are usually conventional wet batteries or at most EFB. The batteries look like they're half the size of the one was was fitted to my E60M5 (same size engine, a lot less electronics)
Group 48 (H6) AGM, 760 CCA, 120 RC, 70 AH.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Quite an upgrade on the S650 battery then good and AGM at least but still quite small.
The M5 battery was something like 950CCA and 105AH (type 020 AGM) current Mercedes is 800CCA 80AH (type 115 AGM) with a 200CCA 13AH (AGM) aux battery and thats on a 2 litre diesel.
Sponsored