• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start

mitch1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Eco-boost Premium Convertible
Same thing happened today as described in above posts. 400 miles on car. Inside and outside lights were on & refused remote start saying car already running.
Eventually after about an hour car went through shutdown sequence & I was able to start car before roadside assistance arrived. Took to dealer and battery and diagnostics checked out ok.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Remisnism

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Same thing happened today as described in above posts. 400 miles on car. Inside and outside lights were on & refused remote start saying car already running.
Eventually after about an hour car went through shutdown sequence & I was able to start car before roadside assistance arrived. Took to dealer and battery and diagnostics checked out ok.
My car has been at the dealership since December 15th for various issues. I was told today that it will be available for pickup tomorrow. I'll let you know what my dealership says on all issues.

Atlass650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Same issue just happened to me and fixed itself the same way .Did it ever happen again to you ?

Deleted member 60890

Wow thanks to those that posted the problem and experience. I hope this doesnā€™t happen to my GT. if it does at least I have some reference from you guys. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Remisnism

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is an update. Car was at the dealership for close to a month for various reasons. Was told that Ford has a fix coming via a software update, but it was held up. Iā€™ll be contacting the dealership next week for an update.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Here is an update. Car was at the dealership for close to a month for various reasons. Was told that Ford has a fix coming via a software update, but it was held up. Iā€™ll be contacting the dealership next week for an update.
That really sucks. Sorry to hear. Mine was only at the dealership for several days. This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with some cars. Not sure how my dealership determined that the Gateway Module was the cause of my issue. Several of the same symptoms you're experiencing. Mine seemed okay before I put it into storage, but I only put a couple hundred miles on it after they replaced the module. Keep us posted.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
on Monday evening as I was flipping through the dash screens I noticed my battery voltage was moving around from 14.9 down to 12.0 depending on my speed. I thought it was weird as its never done that before.

Tuesday morning I got up and decided to leave early for my doctors appointment at the VA as they are tough to get and I wanted to be early. Tried to start the car....no start and all the warning messages popped up. I called Ford Roadside Assistance and they had someone there in 14 minutes. The driver tested the voltage and said it was 12.9 prior to turning on his jump box.

I made it to my appointment. so kudos to Ford for getting me a quick response. After the appointment the car again would not start, all the warning lights, and the lady at the front desk of the clinic said she had a small jump box her husband had bought her. Hooked it up, waited a couple minutes and started right up. I left directly from the clinic to my Ford dealer.

The dealer confirmed the battery only had 355 CCA on testing, should be 760 CCA. I was told the battery voltage fluctuation should not have been as much as I was seeing. Battery replaced in under 30 minutes and I was on my way!!

The car had 6209 miles at the time of the issue.....

pault949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Performance
2024 GT Premium Performance Pack

Same exact thing happened to me at approximately 300 miles and now again at 1600 miles. Both times the same exact symptoms as above. Waited a while and it started like nothing happened.

Saw this forum post when it happened the first time and since most here said it only happened once, I decided not to make a service appointment. Now that this has happened twice, it's time to have Ford look at it so we can at least document the issue.

I work for Ford engineering and I'm hoping I can find a place to write up a trouble ticket but I haven't found the right group yet.

Here's to hoping it's something simple.

OP
OP
Remisnism

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealership told me that there was a software update that Ford was supposed to release in mid January. Iā€™ve called my dealership 3 times and left messages and they are just ignoring my calls and not responding. I guess Iā€™ll need to find another dealership. Sad because I have now bought 2 cars from them because I had a good sales experience with them. May have to either find another Ford dealership or just not purchase any more Ford vehicles.

Lex24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
2024 Dark Horse owner here - same thing happened to me today (950 miles). Car won't start, same errors on screen. I ended up disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 1min and it started fine since.

Did most people here had the battery replaced? Should I ask my dealer to do that?

Ford already bought my 2024 GT back from me after the clutch line caught on fire (70 miles driven) because they installed it right on the exhaust. Very disappointing quality from them. It is the 4th Ford car/truck I got in past 2 year. My 2023 F250 had 7 recalls and now they need to change the rear axle...

Aseel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark horse
Same here I just got my dark horse 3 days ago, and I faced the same issue. I had to unplug the battery and put it back again after that everything went back to normal. I hope it wonā€™t happen again. šŸ™ƒ

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
2024 Dark Horse owner here - same thing happened to me today (950 miles). Car won't start, same errors on screen. I ended up disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 1min and it started fine since.

Did most people here had the battery replaced? Should I ask my dealer to do that?

Ford already bought my 2024 GT back from me after the clutch line caught on fire (70 miles driven) because they installed it right on the exhaust. Very disappointing quality from them. It is the 4th Ford car/truck I got in past 2 year. My 2023 F250 had 7 recalls and now they need to change the rear axle...
Seems like they may appreciate you being around otherwise without your ability to bring it to their attention widespread horrors may occur. Thanks.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Same here I just got my dark horse 3 days ago, and I faced the same issue. I had to unplug the battery and put it back again after that everything went back to normal. I hope it wonā€™t happen again. šŸ™ƒ
Forced reboot doesnā€™t build confidence. Iā€™d keep an eye on the voltā€™s and probably even be tempted to have it load tested short of that Iā€™d probably hook it up to a tender for a week for so and see how she does. Brownouts and surges are some of the worse things for electronics and weird things can happen.
Sponsored