• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm relatively new to this forum, but had replied to a post about an incident regarding my car slightly jerking forward upon starting it. This occurred only once while I was manually starting the vehicle (not remote starting as the original poster was experiencing.) I took the car to the dealership and they checked it out for 2 days and found nothing wrong. I was told to continue driving and take detailed notes around any issues I encounter as they were unable to replicate the issue.

Evidently Ford social media employees monitor this sight and are asking me to bring the vehicle back into the dealership. I just got the car back a week ago.
Well last night I experienced a different issue. The car would not start. I had driven the vehicle just a few miles to mail a package and then stopped at a nearby shopping center to pickup some dinner. I did sit in the car in accessory mode only for about 10-15 minutes. I then started the car to park closer to the restaurant to go pick up my food. I was gone maybe 5-7 minutes. Upon exiting the restaurant I tried to remote start with my key fob. The car attempted to start (almost like a partial crank), but failed. I tried again and the same result. I then entered the vehicle and tried to start it manually. It didn't even try to crank. Just the accessories came on with a bunch of warning messages.

The include the following messages:
1. Memory recall not permitted while driving
2. Lane-Keeping System Off
3. Service AdvanceTrac
4. Service Vehicle Soon
5. Full Accessory Power active

Note that even though the vehicle failed to start, I could shift into any gear. (Car is an automatic)

I tried multiple times to start the vehicle while I waited for Roadside Assistance. I entered it as a battery jump needed in hoping that they had a battery tester.
When roadside assistance showed up, I exited the vehicle and wanted to show him how it attempts to crank while remote starting. Of course, this time it start up just fine.

I did show him the video and pictures that I took of the error messages, however. I called my dealership first thing this morning and they want the car back to try and diagnose, but I need the car to visit my father for Thanksgiving. It is a 10-11 hour drive and he lives alone.

My personal opinion is that the car behaved as if it is in gear and running. I think this issue is related to the jerk forward that I encountered previously. Perhaps the issue is that the car is not engaging entirely into Park. I would appreciate thoughts on this. I did see a video on another thread of someone else experiencing the same issue, but I don't know what the resolution was for that person.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start AdvanceTracMs

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start FullAccessoryPowerMs

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start LaneKeepingms

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start MemoryRecallMs

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang GT Premium - Wouldn't Start ServiceVehMs
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Perhaps the issue is that the car is not engaging entirely into Park.
I like your thinking. The safety-like switch or gear-selector switch, that mechanism or function, could very well be your problem. I'm afraid I cannot offer anything other than empathy.

I can appreciate the need for the car. Options...

If you return the car to the Dealer and explain yourself, will they afford you a loaner?

If not, maybe a rental car service, just for the time you'll be away from the area?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Maybe moving the gearshift lever is a good clue. I had Lincoln once that the interlock switch on the brake failed and it would start but the lever could not move. Another thought maybe use the other fob to see if the problem is still present.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
As I posted on the other thread, it could be a linkage problem where the transmission isn't going into park. As your car sat at dealer for a long time, it's possible the battery needs a charge as well. We have found many flakes happen with the computer when there are battery issues.
In addition, my mom has a 16 ford edge that had a recall because the shifter linkage wasn't correct. You might put it in park with the engine running, get out of the car and it would move even though it was still in park. Anytime you see movement when in park, it's a sure thing that there is an issue with the lock that is supposed to prevent that from happening. They might be reluctant to deal with it because they may need to pull the transmission and without a clear diagnosis they may fear not getting paid for it. They may want a sure thing before they go in that direction and so far, nobody has been able to repeat it.
Park failing has had a long history over many years. They even did a fugitive episode where a the car was fixed and a blind girl commented murder by attempting to simulate the problem. She was not aware of the fact that the problem had been resolved and that was her undoing.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
As I posted on the other thread, it could be a linkage problem where the transmission isn't going into park. As your car sat at dealer for a long time, it's possible the battery needs a charge as well. We have found many flakes happen with the computer when there are battery issues.
In addition, my mom has a 16 ford edge that had a recall because the shifter linkage wasn't correct. You might put it in park with the engine running, get out of the car and it would move even though it was still in park. Anytime you see movement when in park, it's a sure thing that there is an issue with the lock that is supposed to prevent that from happening. They might be reluctant to deal with it because they may need to pull the transmission and without a clear diagnosis they may fear not getting paid for it. They may want a sure thing before they go in that direction and so far, nobody has been able to repeat it.
Park failing has had a long history over many years. They even did a fugitive episode where a the car was fixed and a blind girl commented murder by attempting to simulate the problem. She was not aware of the fact that the problem had been resolved and that was her undoing.
It sounds that direction. Kinda like it failed to trip the switch, didnā€™t fully shut down, drained the battery, entered fault mode, battery recovered from lack of drain, car restarts and then possibly rinse and repeat. Iā€™d be tempted to do a load test on the battery, do an overnight recharge and condition and make sure to always double press the remote lock button as you walk away, just to make sure sheā€™s locked.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I'm relatively new to this forum, but had replied to a post about an incident regarding my car slightly jerking forward upon starting it. This occurred only once while I was manually starting the vehicle (not remote starting as the original poster was experiencing.) I took the car to the dealership and they checked it out for 2 days and found nothing wrong. I was told to continue driving and take detailed notes around any issues I encounter as they were unable to replicate the issue.

Evidently Ford social media employees monitor this sight and are asking me to bring the vehicle back into the dealership. I just got the car back a week ago.
Well last night I experienced a different issue. The car would not start. I had driven the vehicle just a few miles to mail a package and then stopped at a nearby shopping center to pickup some dinner. I did sit in the car in accessory mode only for about 10-15 minutes. I then started the car to park closer to the restaurant to go pick up my food. I was gone maybe 5-7 minutes. Upon exiting the restaurant I tried to remote start with my key fob. The car attempted to start (almost like a partial crank), but failed. I tried again and the same result. I then entered the vehicle and tried to start it manually. It didn't even try to crank. Just the accessories came on with a bunch of warning messages.

3. Service AdvanceTrac
4. Service Vehicle Soon

Note that even though the vehicle failed to start, I could shift into any gear. (Car is an automatic)

I tried multiple times to start the vehicle while I waited for Roadside Assistance. I entered it as a battery jump needed in hoping that they had a battery tester.
When roadside assistance showed up, I exited the vehicle and wanted to show him how it attempts to crank while remote starting. Of course, this time it start up just fine.

I did show him the video and pictures that I took of the error messages, however. I called my dealership first thing this morning and they want the car back to try and diagnose, but I need the car to visit my father for Thanksgiving. It is a 10-11 hour drive and he lives alone.

My personal opinion is that the car behaved as if it is in gear and running. I think this issue is related to the jerk forward that I encountered previously. Perhaps the issue is that the car is not engaging entirely into Park. I would appreciate thoughts on this. I did see a video on another thread of someone else experiencing the same issue, but I don't know what the resolution was for that person.

AdvanceTracMsg.jpg

FullAccessoryPowerMsg.jpg

LaneKeepingmsg.jpg

MemoryRecallMsg.jpg

ServiceVehMsg.jpg
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

3. Service AdvanceTrac
4. Service Vehicle Soon

AdvanceTracMsg.jpg

FullAccessoryPowerMsg.jpg

LaneKeepingmsg.jpg

MemoryRecallMsg.jpg

ServiceVehMsg.jpg
This exact scenario just happened to me with the exact same error messages. Same thing with the remote start cranking but manually it didn't. I haven't had the jerking problem that you had or any other problem for that matter. Were you able to find out what it was? I suspect it is an issue with the battery charge being low but I have no idea.

OP
OP
Remisnism

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm bringing the car back into the dealership in the next couple of weeks to review the many issues that I am encountering. I'll keep you posted on anything that they find, but I have a feeling my car will be there for quite some time.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Sorry to hear about your problem. I know it's frustrating. Sounds exactly like my car. Mine wouldn't start and threw every warning light you can imagine. Eventually got it started, but it died when I put it in gear. After several attempts, I finally got it started and was able to keep it running. (Had to cancel the tow I had requested.) Drove it to my dealership with my wife following in her car. They had it for several days and replaced the Gateway Module. Not sure how they came to that conclusion as the source of my problem, but it's been running fine since then. My car had around 280 miles on it at the time. Every time I drive it now I wonder if I'm going to have the problem again. Good luck.

Last edited:

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I had the same issue. Long story short it hasnā€™t done it since. The dealership couldnā€™t find anything wrong fingers crossed it doesnā€™t happen again.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had the same issue. Long story short it hasnā€™t done it since. The dealership couldnā€™t find anything wrong fingers crossed it doesnā€™t happen again.
I'm very curious if this has happened to anybody more than once? It seems like everybody having the issue has only had it happen to them once including me. Very odd that it can't be reproduced.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm very curious if this has happened to anybody more than once? It seems like everybody having the issue has only had it happen to them once including me. Very odd that it can't be reproduced.
Mine has only happened once . . . so far.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine has only happened once . . . so far.
Damn that makes me realize the worst part about this is never knowing if it will happen again, even if it was a one time computer error I'm always a little paranoid when I go to turn on the car. Hopefully with it happening to so many people Ford can pinpoint the reason why, I suspect it's something to do with a computer error when the battery is low maybe a software update can fix it.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Damn that makes me realize the worst part about this is never knowing if it will happen again, even if it was a one time computer error I'm always a little paranoid when I go to turn on the car. Hopefully with it happening to so many people Ford can pinpoint the reason why, I suspect it's something to do with a computer error when the battery is low maybe a software update can fix it.
That's the big question. I don't worry about it so much driving locally, but what if it occurs again when I'm traveling? I had planned on taking mine on a trip shortly after it was repaired, but was concerned about it happening again 200 miles from home. My car has been running fine since it was fixed. I suppose only time will tell, but there's that little gremlin in the back of my mind telling me it could happen again.

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Happened to me today with less than 200 miles. Lit up like a Christmas tree and wouldnt start. Then, would start with error messages. After letting it sit for 30 minutes it started normally. They replaced the battery and the voltage is now consistent. My car was built in September and I purchased a couple of days ago here in December. Maybe sitting too long or just a bad battery? Time will tellā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: