• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Not sure if this is based on anything, but C&D seems to be doing a little more than pure speculation about the 4/17/23 reveal date. Not that it's a big leap.

2024 Ford Mustang Will Attempt to Keep the Pony-Car Spirit Alive
There might be an electric Mustang now, but that doesn’t mean Ford will phone in the next-gen S650 model. Here's what to expect before it debuts next April.
By David Beard
May 9, 2022
S650 Mustang C&D: 2024 Mustang Will Debut on April 17, 2023 2024-ford-mustang-rendering-1652121017

Illustration by Ben Summerelle-Youde/Fox SyndicationCar and Driver
  • The next-generation Ford Mustang is set to arrive next year, and here's what to expect.
  • Called S650, this new generation is likely to have carryover engines but could add a hybrid variant.
  • The exterior likely won't look too different, as seen in our illustration, but the interior is slated to get a major redux.
The glory days of brightly colored Plum Crazy Challengers, Burnt Orange Camaros, and Grabber Green Mustangs burning down Woodward Avenue are unfortunately numbered. But they’re not done yet. While the Chevrolet and Dodge camps are showing signs of slowing down, there’s a rumble reverberating from Dearborn in the form of a redesigned 2024 Mustang. The 60th-anniversary 'Stang debuts next year, possibly on April 17, the day the original Mustang bowed at the 1964 New York World’s Fair.

Judging by the camouflaged mules we’ve seen roaming the streets of southeast Michigan, we don’t expect the exterior design to stray far from its current look. However, the interior will undergo a major makeover with a digital instrument cluster that wraps into a driver-focused infotainment touchscreen with added buttons for basic functions.

It’s no secret that the Camaro’s Alpha platform outhandles the Mustang’s current S550 chassis. Ford hopes to correct that with the seventh-generation car, dubbed the S650. Under the hood, expect the turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-four to produce around 320 horsepower, and we wouldn’t be surprised to see a hybrid variant join the herd. If a hybrid keeps the 450-plus-hp V-8s coming, we’re more than happy. If the hair-raising 760-hp supercharged 5.2-liter V-8 from the GT500 survives, we’ll be thrilled. A six-speed manual and a 10-speed automatic are likely to return.

Like the current-generation Mustang, the new S650 should have an eight-year life cycle, and expect the pack to add performance variants year after year. Those faster ponies might come fast though, as 2026 brings more stringent corporate average mpg requirements.

Though further details are still months away, we do know one thing: Ford and Multimatic Motorsports will produce a Mustang GT3 race car that’s set to debut at the 2024 Rolex 24 at Daytona. Could it spawn a Mustang GT3 for the street? Watch this space.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39947056/2024-ford-mustang-preview/
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Between this, Ford Authority, and the insiders here, I can only conclude the following:

1. AWD and/or hybrid powertrains won't be available at the launch of the S650 Mustang. If they're completely off the table for S650, can anyone confirm that straight away? 😁

2. EcoBoost and Coyote will be available at launch. (Car and Driver suggests the 'Boost will have a 5HP increase to 320HP, while the specs of the V8 remain unknown.)

3. The exterior will be evolutionary, while the interior will be significantly different from the S550.

Anything else?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
1. AWD and/or hybrid powertrains won't be available at the launch of the S650 Mustang. If they're completely off the table for S650, can anyone confirm that straight away? 😁
Hybrid wil definitely be added to S650 since Ford Europe will only sell electrified cars after 2025. They won't bring the Mustang 7 to Europe for just one year.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Mustang has just celebrated 58 years this past April 17th.........so it'll be 59 years on April 17th 2023.

The '99MY was the 35th Anniversary
The '04MY was the 40th Anniversary
The '09MY was the 45th Anniversary
The '15MY was the 50th Anniversary

Ford pick n choose as to when to celebrate the anniversary year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they use the '24MY in 2023 to celebrate the 60th.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I think an April reveal sounds really late. From Ford Europe we know that S550 production ends this december. If they would reveal the car in April production might not start before June. I highly doubt they would pause all Mustang production for half a year. They could extend the MY2023 a bit, but not that long. So I guess we have to take this news with a really huge grain of salt

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I agree. I still think a reveal this year, with production starting no later than April 2023 is more like it
Yes, also ithey would have the attention for themselves this year. Next year at least Dodge could take away some hype with whatever their EV Muscle Car will be.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
It would be a first if they were to skip the 23 model year all together. With the current parts shortages and factory closings doing a shortened 23 model year run does kinda make sense.

BTW nice render there, they nailed the look of that supposed leak image of the GT.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yes, also ithey would have the attention for themselves this year. Next year at least Dodge could take away some hype with whatever their EV Muscle Car will be.
Exactly, Dodge has actually confirmed that their ev muscle car will be shown in concept form this year. It wouldn't make sense for Dodge to reveal their muscle car so soon, yet for Ford to just wait things out with the mustang reveal.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It would be a first if they were to skip the 23 model year all together. With the current parts shortages and factory closings doing a shortened 23 model year run does kinda make sense.

BTW nice render there, they nailed the look of that supposed leak image of the GT.
They're on the right track, but I noticed a few issues. The wheels are comically oversized, the headlights were just taken off the mach-e and need to be tweaked. They also made the mistake of making the grill opening massive, rather than having a moderately sized grill with a contrasting section under it. The fangs in the rendering are also at a funky angle, when the real car makes it look like the fangs are going straight up and down.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The fangs in the GT grille have been a failure since 2015 imho. They are also what makes the facelift look so weird and the absence of them is why the Bullitt and the California Special look so much better.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I'll debut my return to 7G April 17th. This is the worse rollout I have ever seen. The Z06 was almost as terrible with their BS imagination website.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I seriously doubt ford is going to wait till next year to officially show this next gen car off. I would say fall we will get some sort of revel like we did way back in December 2013 for the s550, then production rollout in summer of 2014/2024. Because otherwise this will be a later 2024 even 2025 car. What gets me is there is absolutely no solid proof of power train leaks at all. Ford hasn’t been playing games at the plants but we do get something or even a few hints from
Fellow employees but currently nothing which leads to 2 conclusions
Either
1) The next engines aren’t much of an upgrade at all 10-15hp
2) they’re such a radical change ford isn’t playing games and keeping it real quiet. Aka how the boss 302 was handled

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I seriously doubt ford is going to wait till next year to officially show this next gen car off. I would say fall we will get some sort of revel like we did way back in December 2013 for the s550, then production rollout in summer of 2014/2024. Because otherwise this will be a later 2024 even 2025 car. What gets me is there is absolutely no solid proof of power train leaks at all. Ford hasn’t been playing games at the plants but we do get something or even a few hints from
Fellow employees but currently nothing which leads to 2 conclusions
Either
1) The next engines aren’t much of an upgrade at all 10-15hp
2) they’re such a radical change ford isn’t playing games and keeping it real quiet. Aka how the boss 302 was handled
Yeah, mostly agree. A power upgrade will be interesting after a downgrade. This is uncharted times.
Sponsored