• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Ford sent invites out to media on Friday for a Monterey Car Week event where the automaker will unveil some sort of "special project."

The event is set to take place on Thursday evening in Pebble Beach, California. The invite itself is headlined by a glistening Ford Mustang logo, which appears to be designed to look like it's made out of carbon fiber. Other than that, there's no mention of Mustang anywhere on the invite.

The letter additionally reads "The performance of a supercar. The soul of an icon."

Other than that, there's no other product information.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a...9ru2xwqFRaXvpBGpVATMfGIRHYaf9_R5W3GFUs13cwXPI
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I have no idea if this is EV related or not

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That sounds like 400 grand if it’s true.
[/QUOTE]
More like 70-80 starting if this is what I think it is. C8/Lotus Elise/caymen pricing most likely. Could be wrong. Ford was testing c8s, both a stingray and a zo6 awhile ago. Most people thought they were benchmarking them against a high performance s650. Others thought they were gonna make a new thunderbird. I was one of the only people throwing out the idea of a mid-engine mustang.

Many told me I was crazy, but it looks like I may have been onto something.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Ford has discontinued the GT for street usage and they put a turbo charged V6 in it. There are some profitable sales in the GT market so it sounds like they are building a successor to the GT.
Ford appears to be branding their performance market with the mustang label. First the original mustang we all know and love. Next the EV mustang and now it looks like the GT successor.
Though GTs are rare, someone has one that shows up from time to time at my dealer. The owner brings it in once a year for servicing and was willing to spend a a good deal to correct a minor trim flaw. Needless to say it would be fun to drive it however the service rep would only allow me to look and touching was completely out of the question.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
More like 70-80 starting if this is what I think it is. C8/Lotus Elise/caymen pricing most likely. Could be wrong. Ford was testing c8s, both a stingray and a zo6 awhile ago. Most people thought they were benchmarking them against a high performance s650. Others thought they were gonna make a new thunderbird. I was one of the only people throwing out the idea of a mid-engine mustang.

Many told me I was crazy, but it looks like I may have been onto something.
The only counter that I can think of, every thing Multimatic makes for Ford is a $150k + low volume specialty product. A $70-80k high(er) volume Corvette competitor would be a significant departure for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Status
Not open for further replies.