• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Looks to me like somebody thought they'd obfuscate by inverting a shot of the rear wing. It didn't make sense to me until I rotated it...

It should look like this. The view is from the driver side looking towards the passenger side along the bottom of the wing.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! F3vrVWrXwAEPNSr

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
https://siempreauto.com/ford-mustang-gtd/amp/

Translated:

Ford anticipated the Mustang GTD: the most powerful "muscle car" for the streets - Siempre Auto
Federico Argento17 Aug 2023, 14:13 PM EDT

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! Mustang-GTD-on-Track-4

The muscle car that comes off the slopes to get on the streets Credit: Courtesy

When the 2024 Ford Mustang burst onto the scene as a GT3 racing vehicle, the company's executive director, Jim Farley, raised an intriguing question on social media platforms: would there be an interest in a street variant? This question, which generated a genuine stir, gained even more strength with the dissemination of some images.

What at the time was a shrill rumor, has finally found its confirmation. Ford presents its new supercar under the name of Ford Mustang GTD. This muscle car does not embody the central engine supercar that was around the first reports of the week, but is configured as a version designed for everyday use and asphalt, based on the Mustang GT3 racing car.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! Mustang-GTD-on-Track-1
The Mustang GTD with its innovative aesthetic with newly designed wheels and a widely widened rearCredit: Courtesy
The origin of the Mustang GTD lies in the concept that gave life to the Mustang GT3 competition vehicle, which will return to Le Mans next year, and stands as the zenith of the Mustang family, now composed of racing cars suitable for both the public road and the track. In this wide range is the recently presented Mustang GT4, the Mustang GT3, in addition to the upcoming Mustang Dark Horse R spec racer, among other exciting exponents.

What is the new Mustang GTD like?
The Mustang GTD, the result of the collaboration between Ford and Multimatic, the entity behind the development of the Mustang GT3, the Mustang GT4 and the winner of Le Mans, the Ford GT, represents the culmination of decades of research and development in engineering, derived from the constant learning in the world of racing. With a design full of intentionality and precision, the Ford firm aims to turn the Mustang GTD into an emblematic piece in the rich history of the Mustang brand.

In a marked evolution of the emblematic seventh-generation Mustang line, the brand-new Ford Mustang GTD emerges with notable differences that will captivate motorsport enthusiasts. From its intrepid design to its formidable performance, the Mustang GTD stands out among its lineage companions.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! Mustang-GTD-on-Track-2
The new Ford Mustang GTD demonstrates a strategic implementation of innovative materials and technologies in pursuit of exceptional performance.Credit: Courtesy
Its innovative aesthetic is evident with newly designed wheels and a widely widened rear, elements that confer an imposing presence on the road. No less impressive is the imposing spoiler, which extends from the rear window, accompanied by a new larger diffuser, a combination that not only adds a touch of aggressiveness, but also optimizes the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

Despite all these improvements, the Ford Mustang GTD will not adopt the current trend of incorporating a rear central engine, as seen in models such as the Corvette. Although its powerful performance and revolutionary design could suggest such a change, the Mustang GTD remains true to its roots by keeping its engine in the traditional position, thus delivering an emblematic driving experience that resonates with the history and passion that surrounds this iconic brand. In short, the Ford Mustang GTD embodies innovation and authenticity by combining avant-garde features with the enduring essence of a true muscle car.

Technology in innovative materials
The new Ford Mustang GTD demonstrates a strategic implementation of innovative materials and technologies in pursuit of exceptional performance. An outstanding aspect lies in its extensive use of body panels made of carbon fiber, with the purpose of reducing the total weight of the vehicle, lowering its center of gravity and expanding its responsiveness in handling.

Various components, including the fenders, the hood, the cover instead of the traditional trunk lid, the door sills, the front divider, the rear diffuser and the roof, are made of this cutting-edge material. In addition, the option of front and rear fascias is also offered in carbon fiber.

Design for speed
For aerodynamics fans, the Mustang GTD offers an available package that incorporates an integral aerodynamic tray under the body, which is also built in carbon fiber. This configuration not only introduces pioneering elements in the field of motorsport, but also presents technologies that could be considered outside the limits in racing competitions, such as hydraulically controlled front fins.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! Mustang-GTD-on-Track-3
The new Mustang is the model that the fans were waiting for
These fins play a crucial role in managing the air flow to achieve an aerodynamic balance, working in conjunction with the active rear wing. Ultimately, the Mustang GTD marks a bold redefinition in terms of design and technology, positioning itself as an icon of innovation in the automotive world.

"Mustang GTD breaks with all the preconceived notions of a supercar. This is a new approach for us. We didn't design a road car for the track, we created a race car for the road. Mustang GTD takes the racing technology of our Mustang GT3 race car, wraps it in a carbon fiber Mustang body and releases it to the street." Jim Farley, president and chief executive officer of Ford, commented.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'll say they nailed the design. Don't know what they're saying in the article, but it looks like there are vents and fans in the rear. Not sure what that's all about.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
It’s cool. I don’t know that it’s $100k+ cool tho. I can’t imagine this being made in excess of a few hundred per year if even that.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! Mustang-GTD-on-Track-4

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
looks like they've paired up with barrett jackson. there's a trailer talking about a classic vette, so i'm a little confused.

EDIT: looks like it's a timed upload (for right when the embargo drops?) of the unveil, not a live stream

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
EDIT: looks like it's a timed upload (for right when the embargo drops?) of the unveil, not a live stream
Hmm good find. The only problem is it says 'mid-engined' when clearly it is not. If it's a timed video with info from the embargo then that seems like an odd title.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I like the hood….and the widebody design is neat but, I won’t be trying to get one in my garage.
I wouldn't pay 100k or more for it. But I would pay 5-7 grand for that body kit, especially those fenders. This would look baller with a ducktail and maybe a stock hood.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.