• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
This may be a stretch of a guess...but could Ford be bringing a serious entry to the LMP class of racing? Perhaps they want to battle it out with Cadillac and the rest of the lot.

We know they are getting DEEP in racing now with the Mustang name...

EDIT: Also, that GTD (street version of the GT3 racer) looks awesome. I can't wait for the juicy deets on that thing. It is also, 100% not MR. The proportions would never support it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There's very clearly a massive intake on the rear decklid. I wish this had more traditional mid engine proportions, but I think it's still possible that it's a mid engine car. If the engine wasn't back there, I don't know what else this intake would be for.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! IMG_20230816_184505

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
There's very clearly a massive intake on the rear decklid. I wish this had more traditional mid engine proportions, but I think it's still possible that it's a mid engine car. If the engine wasn't back there, I don't know what else this intake would be for.

IMG_20230816_184505.jpg
thats a red herring, you can clearly see that on the actual GT3 here
S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! 1692233693329

also i wouldnt look too deep into the GTD title for any meaning, its literally just what IMSA calls their GT3 field.

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

IMG_20230816_184505.jpg
👍You have good eyesight...it actually it looks like an air intake... but it’s so far back!
front engine, mid engine… and now what ? a rear engine mustang 😆

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In photos taken in Vegas at the reveal you can clearly see a lengthy CF driveshaft, a fabricated tubular rear cradle that houses the transaxle and allows an anchor point for the cantilevered dampers to reside above it. Definitely going to be interesting to see the interface where the driveshaft mates to the rear of the engine up front.

Also wondering if there will be a bulkhead near where the rear seatback would normally reside (I can't imagine a rear seat in this car). Based on a simple observational scaling measure, I think the rear dampers will be visible just beneath the rear window glass, directly above the rear axle centerline. Unless Ford wanted the dampers covered but they are so damn beautiful I don't see how anyone would want to do that.:)

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I wonder if this will be the 5.5L twin turbo? Pretty sure rear mounted and AWD. I doubt it'll have rear seats.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i absolutely adore how the GTD looks. wonder if it's parts will be added to ECat?

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I wonder if this will be the 5.5L twin turbo? Pretty sure rear mounted and AWD. I doubt it'll have rear seats.
I heard the same thing as far as the engine, 5.5L TT ecoboost....or ecobeast

I doubt it has rear seats either way, but haven't heard that this is the mid engine platform. Might be 2 cars revealed tomorrow or may just be the GTD. Excited to see!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Imma just call it now since so many people seemed convinced this is somehow the mid engine car: this is the street gt3 car Jim Farley hinted at back in March.

S650 Mustang Leaked! Mustang GTD (Mid-Engine?) Supercar Special Project - Debuts @ Monterey Car Week on 8/17! wd-230320-02071-641b69fe54103

It has pretty identical panels to the gt3 we have tons of pictures of already. This is not the mid engine car, it's just a gt3 for the road. No idea why they would spend all that money to develop and test two separate engine configs when they already have a working model in their race car. Plus the whole "GTD" name.

The mid engine car will have a whole different chassis more similar to the GT supercar. Cost will depend on if Ford is building it or if multimatic is building it. If Ford is building it, I can see it costing around $100k for a cheap one or multiple hundreds of thousands if they want to make it as special and exclusive as the GT. I'm hoping it's a c8 competitor in the $90-100k range. Anything lower would absolutely kill dark horse sales and I don't think Ford wants that.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Everyone thinking a Multimatic-built car with pushrod suspension is going to compete at C8 prices (or anywhere close)... pass the bong. I want what you're smoking.

Hell, the GT-D is likely to hit 80-90k itself

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Everyone thinking a Multimatic-built car with pushrod suspension is going to compete at C8 prices (or anywhere close)... pass the bong. I want what you're smoking.

This. The GTD is over 100k i bet. Any mid engine platform will probably be over 200k. Just my guess. 70k will get you a nice Dark Horse or a base C8, it's not going to touch these new model(s)

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Never said the multimatic GTD car will be at c8 prices. It is likely to go for $300-400k. It will not be anywhere close to $100k.

The mid engine car will highly depend on who is building it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.