• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best financing route to take

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Unfortunately they don’t let you write out checks for that much anymore. That’s what I was going to do with my 2022 audi, wouldn’t let me. Then when I bought my 2018 jeep grand Cherokee a few mos ago, it was only $28000 and they wouldn’t let us do it then either

The mustang I don’t think I will pay it in full as I need money back for a new heat pump and don’t want to spend everything. I don’t mind making a small payment every month and then if later on down the road, I may just pay it off early. I will find lowest interest rates ahead of time and do pre qualify.
i wrote a check for a lot more than that last year buying my wife’s grand wagoneer. they didn’t have any issue taking my money.

Butkus1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2024 Mustang 9(soon)
Navy Federal has pretty good rates, ford will go out and find you a good rate as well, even if it’s not ford finance. Providing you have good credit. Last option is State Farm, they have comparable rates, plus give free gap insurance. Don’t be pay 7-8%, that’s crazy.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Have been preapproved for 2 loans so far. 72 month terms, 5.75% rate with one bank, 6.3% with another. Guess you're wrong huh. Waiting to hear back from my previous lender which I'm hoping will be even lower.
I've actually been keeping track of many different lenders including my own banks and credit unions since I ordered. At 72 mos, Navy Federal has held on to under 5%. Everyone else is creeping very close to 6 or over. I'm just thinking by the time mine gets built, we'll be above that threshold.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Unfortunately they don’t let you write out checks for that much anymore. That’s what I was going to do with my 2022 audi, wouldn’t let me. Then when I bought my 2018 jeep grand Cherokee a few mos ago, it was only $28000 and they wouldn’t let us do it then either

The mustang I don’t think I will pay it in full as I need money back for a new heat pump and don’t want to spend everything. I don’t mind making a small payment every month and then if later on down the road, I may just pay it off early. I will find lowest interest rates ahead of time and do pre qualify.
I purchased the truck 5/16/22, no problem taking the check. Think it depends on the dealer.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I purchased the truck 5/16/22, no problem taking the check. Think it depends on the dealer.
Hubby said the Audi we did write personal check, it was the jeep we bought a few mos back where they said they don’t do that anymore. My husband ran up the road there and got the certified check and brought it back up there

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Hubby said the Audi we did write personal check, it was the jeep we bought a few mos back where they said they don’t do that anymore. My husband ran up the road there and got the certified check and brought it back up there
I also think the fact that I could not get title the day I picked up the truck helped with accepting the check. If it bounced, they had the title.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also think the fact that I could not get title the day I picked up the truck helped with accepting the check. If it bounced, they had the title.
We never get our titles the same day either. It usually take 1-2 weeks

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I typically go with my credit union, unless the dealer is within 1/8th of a point or so. With the dealer I don't have to run paperwork back and forth, but I'll do it for a 1/4 % rate reduction

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Best I could find with Spacecoast CU was 6.25% over 60 months, and that is what I'm going with. FYI my credit score is north of 760.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
FWIW most of the dealers where I live, Long Island NY, offer "financed price" in their advertisements. Doesn't matter the brand. Nissan, VW, Chevy etc are all doing it. They will only offer the sticker price or below if you agree to finance with them otherwise it's fair market value and they won't budge. Key here is to make sure there is no prepayment penalty and pay the car off as soon as you get the loan agreement in the mail. It's a win-win. Again DO NOT take the dealer's statement that there is no pre-payment penalty, ask to see it in writing.. Some states do not allow pre-payment penalty via the Dodd-Frank act.... Good luck !

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW most of the dealers where I live, Long Island NY, offer "financed price" in their advertisements. Doesn't matter the brand. Nissan, VW, Chevy etc are all doing it. They will only offer the sticker price or below if you agree to finance with them otherwise it's fair market value and they won't budge. Key here is to make sure there is no prepayment penalty and pay the car off as soon as you get the loan agreement in the mail. It's a win-win. Again DO NOT take the dealer's statement that there is no pre-payment penalty, ask to see it in writing.. Some states do not allow pre-payment penalty via the Dodd-Frank act.... Good luck !
Ours checked and got it with a local bank. We will make a few payments then refinance. Interest should be coming down
We only financed 20000 for 36 mos
Sponsored