• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best financing route to take

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Why would anyone finance through ford is the better question, banks all around
I'm financing through Ford because my salesperson is giving me additional discounts as long as I finance through them. I'm going to then refinance with my local credit union.
Sponsored

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'm financing through Ford because my salesperson is giving me additional discounts as long as I finance through them. I'm going to then refinance with my local credit union.
That's fair, what kind of discounts do you get, and how long do you have to wait to refinance?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
…ie kickbacks on financing.
Although I really don’t mind if they make a buck or two as long as I’m able to pick it up using my terms shortly thereafter.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That's fair, what kind of discounts do you get, and how long do you have to wait to refinance?
I'll be getting an additional $1,000 off MSRP. I'm not eligible for X-Plan unfortunately.

You can refinance whenever as long as the loan company you originally signed with doesn't have a pre-payment penalty.

My local CU will give new auto loan rates as long as the vehicle has less than 7.5K miles

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not eligible for X-Plan unfortunately.
I feel your pain. Even though a prior mustang owner didn’t join the club in time (need at min 90 days and ford built it before 90 is up).. oh well.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I feel your pain. Even though a prior mustang owner didn’t join the club in time (need at min 90 days and ford built it before 90 is up).. oh well.
Yeah I joined a month ago lol.. Oh well

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
For the past 20 years I have paid cash for my cars. Don’t let them know until the end as dealers gets”participation “ ie kickbacks on financing. Wish I had a camera handy when I picked up my 22 F-150, and the finance person handed me the payment sheet and asked me which plan I wanted. She sat there with her mouth open when I handed it back to her and stated I was writing a 68k check for the truck— priceless.
Unfortunately they don’t let you write out checks for that much anymore. That’s what I was going to do with my 2022 audi, wouldn’t let me. Then when I bought my 2018 jeep grand Cherokee a few mos ago, it was only $28000 and they wouldn’t let us do it then either

The mustang I don’t think I will pay it in full as I need money back for a new heat pump and don’t want to spend everything. I don’t mind making a small payment every month and then if later on down the road, I may just pay it off early. I will find lowest interest rates ahead of time and do pre qualify.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although I really don’t mind if they make a buck or two as long as I’m able to pick it up using my terms shortly thereafter.
When Did you order? Do you have build date? I didn’t get magnaride, But I did get the active exhaust, 401A, hand performance, package, and manual

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I joined a month ago lol.. Oh well
Is that the mustang club if you sign up for and then take your card in and you signed,up at least 90 days prior to getting your card, you can get up to $1000 off? If so, we signed up Aug 1. Do you have to actually have the car in possession sometime after the 90 days?
I did not say anything to my sales person cause I’m going to take mine with me when my car shows up, I wanna see everything in black-and-white first and then give that to them

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is that the mustang club if you sign up for and then take your card in and you signed,up at least 90 days prior to getting your card, you can get up to $1000 off? If so, we signed up Aug 1. Do you have to actually have the car in possession sometime after the 90 days?
I did not say anything to my sales person cause I’m going to take mine with me when my car shows up, I wanna see everything in black-and-white first and then give that to them
Yeah it's a requirement to be a member for 90 days before you actually go pick up the car.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's a requirement to be a member for 90 days before you actually go pick up the car.
And so November 1 will be 90 days, and I’m sure mine will probably be exactly where it’s at now, so just show them the card when I pick my car up

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Did you order? Do you have build date? I didn’t get magnaride, But I did get the active exhaust, 401A, hand performance, package, and manual
Ordered: 6/17/23
Built: 8/16/23
Shipped: 8/17/23

S650 Mustang Best financing route to take IMG_0206

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
We are on the same page. Mustang is a want, not a need.
In my case, I want a Dark Horse. But, "I have the need for speed!"

Last edited: