• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
TBH I am not surprised because I have seen this interior already in one of the press releases back when the launch happened in September and I really didn't like it.

S650 Mustang Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time. stang 7 int.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Maybe the two screen layout can be modified? A housing would be nice but I doubt that anything in that regards will be available and in a way it suits the interior...

However, what about a better screen with much smaller bezel?! It would reduce the overall size and therefore maybe fit in much nicer?!

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I'm sorry but that is an absolutely piss-poor design. I mean it's horribly bad. I get that all vehicles like it or not are moving to the digital pad age, but a 5 year old could have come up with something better. The dash layout GM came out with on their refreshed pickups are a two screen design and they are sensational. The Mach-E's dash I would expect to look the way it does and it's not that bad.

But the Mustang interior is atrocious.

Just my opinions on it.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
The dash is indeed an abomination to an otherwise decent looking car (except for maybe the front end, which could use some work). Most people, IMO, who will end up buying an s650 (not me) will do so with an "I'll just have to live with the dash" attitude, whether they admit it or not. Not a good attitude to have to fully and completely enjoy a car such as a Mustang. Again, just my opinion.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The dash is indeed an abomination to an otherwise decent looking car (except for maybe the front end, which could use some work). Most people, IMO, who will end up buying an s650 (not me) will do so with an "I'll just have to live with the dash" attitude, whether they admit it or not. Not a good attitude to have to fully and completely enjoy a car such as a Mustang. Again, just my opinion.
I think you're wrong on this one. Although I'm not a fan of the execution most buyers aren't car enthusiasts like everyone on this forum. Most just want a decent V8 Mustang. Who is even aware of the fact that the car could've been called a major refresh? Hardly anyone. It's a new Mustang with a new engine and exterior and interior styling. That' s what marketing says and that's what it is for the vast mojority of buyers. If it wouldn't be this way marketing in general wouldn't work...
Besides, I think that quite a few people actually like the iPad design...

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I think you're wrong on this one. Although I'm not a fan of the execution most buyers aren't car enthusiasts like everyone on this forum. Most just want a decent V8 Mustang. Who is even aware of the fact that the car could've been called a major refresh? Hardly anyone. It's a new Mustang with a new engine and exterior and interior styling. That' s what marketing says and that's what it is for the vast mojority of buyers. If it wouldn't be this way marketing in general wouldn't work...
Besides, I think that quite a few people actually like the iPad design...
I get it, however, I stand by statement only because the dash is that bad. Enthusiast or not, it is very visually distracting in a bad way to most, and there are enough s550s out there for comparison to allow anyone to see just that, thereby wanting something better or similar .... IMO, obviously.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
I was on the fence between ordering a S550 or waiting for a S650. But when I saw the spyshots of the S650 premium dash back in April, I rushed to place an order for a S550.

The base dash is even worse and it would make me run to search for a second-hand S197!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Although I'm not a fan of the execution most buyers aren't car enthusiasts like everyone on this forum. Most just want a decent V8 Mustang.
Agree that car enthusiasts are a minority (deviant sub-culture? :giggle:) but it's a pretty big one. And folks who buy Mustangs in general are an even bigger minority (enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts). What they all have in common is the desire for the brand experience that a Mustang brings vs a Camry, Prius etc. Hence it needs to be different, recognisable etc so IMHO the external appearance in the wild and drive experience had better be stupendously good or it'll be seen as 'just another 2 door'.

That' s what marketing says and that's what it is for the vast mojority of buyers. If it wouldn't be this way marketing in general wouldn't work...
Not entirely convinced on this. I wager there's a strong element of manufacturers using marketing to push designs that are good for them, not us. Emperor's new clothes if you will. And while Ford isn't the only company going down the tablet path some are avoiding it (Porsche) and have even revised models to make the screen less obtrusive (Kia). So who's marketing is right?

I also wager that if you did a properly balanced random survey it'd come out on favour of an integrated dash. The new configuration is polarising and most folks I'm sure wanted to really like it. Had Ford persisted with a nicely integrated stylish dash I'll bet no one would be saying they really wanted stuck on tablets.

Maybe society is more screen obsessed than it seems.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Maybe society is more screen obsessed than it seems.
certain strata are for sure. I think I could make a credible case for NOT using tablets for no other reason than to break the ingrained grip of the tablet-addicted to constantly watch the things. Does Ford really think that if you're the kind of person who has a tablet glued to their hand that they WON'T play with and entertain themselves via the tablets to the detriment of the essential task of Driving? For a public safety reason alone tablets and touch screens should be banned with prejudice.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
For a public safety reason alone tablets and touch screens should be banned with prejudice.
Yes. But big telco money wants you to be addicted to your phone. You need it...NEEEEED.

AFAIK there's no enthusiasm for autonomously disabling phone screens when driving despite evidence that it contributes to auto wrecks. Incoming calls, outgoing calls, nav etc sure but nfi why anyone would really 'need' a screen while driving otherwise. Maybe the definition of 'need' changed since I last looked. Even Ford won't let me enter an address into Synch when I'm driving (maybe local rules).

But hey cigarettes are still sold too. All for the 'your right, your choice' argument etc but not when the treatment of self inflicted illness comes at the expense of others including the public purse. Ditto screens, use it by all means but not to the detriment of others.

Once we could drive from A to B without making or receiving a call or texting. I thought we were supposed to be evolving...

Last edited:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Both vehicles I am looking at (S650 and M240i xDrive) have the large tablet display. Doesn't really bother me at all. The BMW, at least, has thinner bezels.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
If you have long legs (with average-length arms) and have to move the driver's seat all the way to the rear position to drive the S650, how difficult would it be to safely operate the info screen? That is the position the way I drive my Mustang and I have a tough time changing the settings on my Shaker 500 radio while driving.
Sponsored