• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are the Recaros worth it?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I didn’t fit in them well, so I didn’t order them. Sit in them and if you like then and fit in them, make the call.
Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
It's kind of too bad that Recaro didn't make these seats with articulated side bolsters. That way each individual could customize the fit to their liking. Adding these features would increase the seat cost for sure...but I do recall performance seating in some older cars decades ago having this feature. Heck, even the Lear-Siegler seats in my 1985 Mustang GT had adjustable lower bolsters as well as an adjustable thigh support!

These types of seats do make a difference if you track your vehicle, or want to enhance your canyon carving experience. Because the seat holds your body in place laterally in hard corning, it frees your hands and arms from having to hold your body upright, leaving you more able to sense steering inputs.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Might be due to airbags

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I would not do the Recaro seats again unless Ford does heating/cooling. I had the Recaro seats in my GT500 and my Mach1. But living in Florida and being used to heated/cooled seats in my "other" brand sports cars made it a turn off to order them again in a Ford without the options. Best seats I ever had were in my Cadillac Blackwing w/ heated/cooled Recaros.

To me..... not worth the extra. Plus my car may see the occasional auto-X but no serious track time

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I love my Recaros. I have never been so comfortable on long drives in any other car seat.
I think it depends on your size. If you aren’t a big person yes. I wanted them for a bit, but some people that are larger don’t like them because they hug you more, And it is not comfy for them

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OP, it really depends on what has the most value to you. I mostly drive my Mustang to and from the race track, and very little cruising in between. To me, the Recaro is the best option to keep my body from sliding left and right under lateral G loading. It's Not Good like a Proper Race Seat + harness + cage, but it's the best I can find that keeps OEM crash safety devices intact for street use.
I'm not sure I'd get them for normal cruising. I'd 100% get the cooled seats if I was going to spend any amount of time in Florida or Texas traffic. Ideally try sitting in both before you make your choice. They feel very different and some people are more comfortable in the luxury cooled seats where others are better off in the Recaros, even if they don't track their car. It's how it holds your body that's different and your body size, back injury history etc will make one feel better than the other.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
The #1 concern in a car seat is comfort, both short and long term. Until you decide which seat is more comfortable skip the extras.

#2 concern is usage. Is it a street car, daily transportation, an occasional track toy. Answer these and you will come closer to your answer.

For me I love the look of the Recaro’s (who doesn’t) but after about 1/2 hour I couldn’t wait to get out of the car. So it was a hard no for me.
My exact process. Recaros were a hard no for me also.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Glad I got the Recaros. I had heated and cooled seats and never really used them. They are snug and comfortable but I'm use to real racing seats so these are perfect for long drives or just cruising for me.

IMO the recaros are more comfortable than the standard seats but I just like to sit snug all the time.

I didn't want electric seats this time either.
Sponsored