• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order the Active Valve Pefromance Exhaust or go aftermarket exhaust?

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Ordering a new 2024 GT and debating between ordering the Active Valve Perfromance Exhaust or just installing aftermarket after it arrives. Just curious what the groups thoughts are on it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Initially I didn't order AE but i changed my mind and added it and I love it. The modes are different enough to go from 'keep the neighbors happy' to 'annoy the neighbors big time' . Listen to some sound clips of what's out there and compare. For me, it was worth it. No drone on the highway either. Also check the prices of the aftermarket systems and compare to the stock AE.

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Must have in my opinion. Silent mode will be handy at odd hours to keep the Neighbor’s happy
Sorry think it’s called quiet. Far from silent lol

OP
OP

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, I have added it to the order. One last decision is if the upgraded sound system is worth the price of adding Ford CoPilot for 1095. I will never use the CoPilot options just might want the upgraded sound.

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Yeah, I have added it to the order. One last decision is if the upgraded sound system is worth the price of adding Ford CoPilot for 1095. I will never use the CoPilot options just might want the upgraded sound.
Dude. The sound system is very good. I’ve had Alpine and Kenwood my whole life and this is one of the better systems I’ve had. Plenty loud very clean. Great bass. Well worth it.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Dude. The sound system is very good. I’ve had Alpine and Kenwood my whole life and this is one of the better systems I’ve had. Plenty loud very clean. Great bass. Well worth it.
I'm not a sound connoisseur by a long shot, but after listening to the B&O at my dealership today I couldn't tell any difference from the 9-speaker setup aside from the better-sounding bass. I was hoping adjusting the Balance/Fade would improve the dynamics of the sound, but it still sounds very front-end based (if that makes sense) from my perspective as opposed to, say, a balanced surround sound? Maybe it's just me and I'm just flat-out wrong in this case.

As for the Active Exhaust, I will also vouch for getting it. Great on my '19 EcoBoost, and from my brief test drive with the GT, even more glorious with that setup!

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
You can always change out the OEM AE for an aftermarket AE down the road if you want a different noise/tone. I with some of the others on here and never really knew how much I would like it until I had it. I have already take the car on a road trip (literally the day I got it) and after about an hour of track mode we needed to tone it down. Non of my other vehicles have stock exhaust. Silverado is nice on heavy throttle but silent otherwise. Xterra sounds *good* all of the time but drones.

Good neighbor setting (I think that is what it is called) is also awesome since I leave for work very early, granted it doesn't help with remote start.

Can't help on the audio. The standard sound system in the mustang is the best I have ever heard... I can slightly tell a difference between my other vehicles. I don't know audio.

Donj02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No regrets with AE. When I pass by a patrol car it's easy to hit the designated button to turn on quiet mode to not attract attention and flip it back to track mode just as easily.

shepshep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Ordering a new 2024 GT and debating between ordering the Active Valve Perfromance Exhaust or just installing aftermarket after it arrives. Just curious what the groups thoughts are on it. Thanks in advance.
Order the AE option with the order for your GT.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Is the B&O system different than the one in the S550? If it is the same, many of us ended up upgrading the upgrade with aftermarket equipment.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
I will echo what others have said: Didn't know I needed AE until I had it, would never have it any other way. Mine is set to start-up in quiet mode and I have the favorite button set to move it to normal. Quiet is as loud as my stock 2015 GT was and normal will rattle windows. I haven't even tried track.
I put aftermarket exhaust on a 2012 Stang and the drone drove me crazy. Nothing like that with the AE!
As for the B&O system, that's a must in my opinion also. I do a lot of my music-listening in my car. I did swap-out the POS sub in the trunk with a Rockford/Fosgate P3 in the OEM enclosure. My car audio guy built a ring to make it fit flush with the inside ridges and put spacers between the trim ring/grill and the driver to "float" them above the sub. Much improved bass, more tight and less muddy. And, I like the Rock/Fos grill better too!
Sponsored