• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Hello folks,

the rumours spreading again that Ford has another suprise for us, namely the Mustang as 4 door. Here are more hints from CEO Jim Farley:

• Ford CEO Jim Farley is open to adding new body styles to the Mustang lineup, including a four-door, as long as it captures the spirit of the original.
  • Before introducing new body styles, Ford plans to expand the Mustang lineup with performance-focused derivatives of the existing coupe.
  • Besides the V8 that will remain in production, Ford is considering a hybrid Mustang but says no to EVs. (with the exception of the MACH-E)
The last bullet point is interesting, because it tells us already that the "big suprise" underneath that green blanket a couple of weeks ago, definitely WON'T be an electric Mustang (Thank God), if the hints are true.

In an interview with Autocar, Jim Farley expressed his openness to the concept of a four-door Mustang, provided it upholds the performance and attitude of the original. Specifically, the Ford CEO stated:

“We will never build a Mustang that isn’t a Mustang. For instance, there will never be room for a small, two-row Ford SUV with a Mustang badge stuck on it. But could we explore other Mustang body forms – such as a four-door or similar? I believe we could, as long as these models possess all the performance and attitude of the original.”

What do you guys think from a 4 door Mustang? Would you consider buying one?

S650 Mustang 4-Door Mustang Model Possible Says Ford CEO mustang_4door
Sponsored

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
That looks similar to an Audi 7 series which is a damn sharp 4 door sedan. Kinda the same way Porsche delivers a Panamera which is a 4 door 911.
Not sure if there would be a willing and able audience for a Mustang variant like this.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Count me out! If I wanted a 4 door it would not be a mustang.

This is exactly why I took a chance on a new MY24. I see where the trends are going and I do not like what I see.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Personally I wouldn't mind a 4-door sedan or liftback as long as it handles well with the Coyote engine. Could such a package fit in a Fusion-sized vehicle or would it have to be Charger-sized?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
my heart belongs to 2-door coupes, but a 4-door version would be pretty cool, especially if the rear doors are suicide doors like the F-150 extended cabs. also, considering how crazy the F-150 PowerBoost is and the fact its only a 3.5L V6, a hybrid 5.0L V8 would be awesome. even better would be if putting it in a mode other than normal or slippery put it in a "performance hybrid" mode where the engine never turns off and the electric motor is just extra power and torque. like how the Porsche 918 Spyder, McLaren P1, Koenigsegg Regera, and Ferrari LaFerrari do it

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Farley is turning into Musk with his constant vague and self contradicting chatter. They called the Mach E a Mustang because they completely overestimated the adoption rate of EVs in North America. Ford would have called the Maverick pickup a Mustang if they thought it would help sales.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
1 driver, 2 doors, 4 seats.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
They used to make numerous 4 door passenger vehicles, would be better to revive the portfolio as opposed to corrupting an existing.