• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 coupe
Not sure this is real ... but its on the web.
S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 1.06.03 PM
Sponsored

OP
OP

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Not sure this is real ... but its on the web.
Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 1.06.03 PM.png
That doesn't look like a Mustang at all - more like an exotic... I would buy it though :D

Anyhow, I think we should watch the 8th of July where the future of dodge will be 'revealed'. I think that Dodge and Mustang have a lot in common but that the Dodge fanboys are a little bit more open to change šŸ˜…
Since Dodge will become a performance brand with just a few but high powered cars I think Mustang might steer in a similar direction. Besides, I'm curious what powertrain will be supported by a hybrid system. Will it be a V8? Then Ford better gets it sh!t together and offers something similar otherwise I don't see many people buying a Pony over a a true american muscle car like the Challenger with V8 hybrid power...

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I was thinking about how Mustang could become a subbrand (if it isn't already, technically speaking). We have Mustang and Mach-E...

...could the potential sedan be called Boss-E? :rockon::headbang:

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Well ford has recently been spotted testing a dodge hellcat charger... so... I think that all but confirms the 4 door a this point.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
The key thing here is making a product that is aspirational and not so much ultra luxurious like an S-Class or a Lexus.

Ford gave it their all with One Ford for the outgoing Fusion, leaving its humble Mazda roots behind and borrowing from the more upscale Mondeo.

However it just didnā€™t work as they desired, as it was built in too many configurations, with no real profit margin compared to a crossover, truck, or Mustang.

Nor did it dominate the segment as they hoped against the Japanese competition.

Going forward this company needs a sedan that can attract the type of young audience who aspires to be seen in a vehicle that draws from the cool image and storied heritage of the Mustang nameplate, without being seen as corny like the Mach E.

A Charger competitor could be a good last hurrah for ICE performance and the sedan layout, but can it fit on the S550 platform basis which has only been a 2-door?

The wheelbase is a potential issue to me, if it cannot be stretched to accommodate greater rear legroom on a four door.

Can Ford make an easier profit per unit on such a vehicle as a 4 door, with a flashier design and nameplate than any Fusion, Taurus, or Focus?

Would it make sense to convert CD6 back to being modular and car capable, after Hackett cancelled that 4 years ago?

Ford since 2019 has mentioned vague plans to introduce a new ā€œMustang and derivativesā€ in Flat Rock. What do they actually mean by ā€œderivatives, as everyone I ask about it doesnā€™t say much?
Remember how the plant used to build not only Mustangs, but Mazda6s (until 2012), Fusions, and Continentals?

All except Mustang are now gone, so there is a LOT of unused capacity Ford can use for other vehicles in that factory. What are they hiding is my question?

Some people in news media try and make it seem like Ford is going to build other nameplates in there, but I donā€™t think so.

Ford are expanding the Mustang family somehow for sure, since volume is probably underused there and no other nameplates, but ā€œall new Mustang and derivativesā€ are coming. I donā€™t think they mean Mach-E, but maybe another bodystyle indeed...

6C643B6C-D35F-4985-B8F5-95FBF8FD384A.jpeg
I say the clue is the $1.1 Billion investment. My guess is that Ford is already working on the next Bronco and how to leverage that for Mustang-Crossover using the ford GT V6 engine derivative.
Price 80K+ limited run. Inspired by (cash-cow) competition Durango SRT Hellcat??

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
For the 1.1 billion, they better get the top right, what a pathetic launch. They really used the I wish the bronco would come back. Leveraged the hell out of it. The I want to be a star lined up, with later regrets as the reward.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-S Sedan: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Four-Door Coupe Pony EV | Carscoops

This is a year-old article, but I originally saw the renders posted here on a random YouTube video and thought that this take looked a lot better than other attempts I've seen on either the S650 or the full EV "traditional" Mustang. Okay, so technically this is a take on the potential four-door sedan/sportback/grand coupe, but it's the best one I've seen thus far...what can I say?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-S Sedan: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Four-Door Coupe Pony EV | Carscoops

This is a year-old article, but I originally saw the renders posted here on a random YouTube video and thought that this take looked a lot better than other attempts I've seen on either the S650 or the full EV "traditional" Mustang. Okay, so technically this is a take on the potential four-door sedan/sportback/grand coupe, but it's the best one I've seen thus far...what can I say?
I have seen these before as well and would 100% buy one if it was a Full EV based on the Mach E.... My hope would be that rumored 4 door would be exactly this but sadly I don't think that is going to be the case...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Some people are afraid that a 4 door Mustang would look like a Sedan, but I don't really get why. I think strechting the roofline a bit to the back would make a great looking 4-door Fastback, just like other brands have absolutely beatiful cars like that. Finally being able to use the rear seats for adults would surely give Charger buyers a run for their money. Especially since currently it sounds like Challenger and Charger won't get big updates anymore but just run out once the full-EV replacement is in production.
S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1635408523405

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1635408899031

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1635408446965

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1635408699118

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1635408755447

Last edited:

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I would be EXTREMELY happy if there was a stretched mustang that offered 4 doors and 4 passenger seating (not 5). V8 or similar power and power adders available. Right now, the car I am looking at is a scat pack Charger. I would rather buy a Ford.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Nothing wrong with a 4 Door, maybe call Mach-s to go with the SUV Mach-e. The renderings show a very good looking vehicle. But, the Mustang should and will remain a 2 door coupe.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Nothing wrong with a 4 Door, maybe call Mach-s to go with the SUV Mach-e. The renderings show a very good looking vehicle. But, the Mustang should and will remain a 2 door coupe.
Everyone keeps saying this and is really underestimating the power of marketing with consumers. Call it the thunderbird, just the Mach s, the galaxy, and whatever else has been suggested and watch how it gets ignored. Adding the Mustang name will help it sell, which means profitability for Ford and continued longevity for the Mustang. Despite all the crying of enthusiasts the Mach-E has gotten huge attention and is selling like crazy.

The 2 door will still exist and always will, expanding the family isn't a bad thing. I certainly wouldn't scoff at an all Mustang garage with a 4 door GT to go with my 2 door car.

To be clear I'm an enthusiast as well. But we need to own the fact that we are a minority and this is a business. For every 1 of us that hated the Mach-e because "iTs nOt a mUsTang", there are 10 people who bought one because it is.
Sponsored