• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Matches the grille on the leak. Another confirmation that this is 100% the real S650. But I'm sure the image he posted wasn't released before, hopefully he checked his post with his superiors...
1662930789142.png
Why does this photo show a European license plate holder? The mirrors are European as well.
Sponsored

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Did this guy just violate his NDA for internet clout? If he is legit, that's yet another person talking about how cool/good looking the final design is. Hope it lives up to my expectations.
Saying it looks badass doesn't violate any NDA

Anybody can form an opinion whether they see it without disguise, or let their imagination run and think what the lines in the camo could be.

The guys that took the photos of front and leaked on the other hand.. Well they're looking for work, and it won't be in automotive ever again

I believe it's about 4-5 that have been terminated due to s650 leaks

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why does this photo show a European license plate holder? The mirrors are European as well.

Because they'll be (hopefully.....it's obviously not been confirmed yet) selling it in Europe. This time, development for "rest of the world" models started at the same time as US development.........for S550, ROW development was started later in the programme and resulted in compromises like non-working DRLs in the headlamps.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
By rad, did you mean bad? We're talking probably close to an extra 150-200lbs
Even on the nd/nd2 MX5 the RF weighs over 100 lbs more than the soft top and that is on a roadster design from ground up

Adding even more weight to an elephant...

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 440
not to mention makes the trunk completely unpractical... almost no chance this happens verts having been moving to softtop accross all brands even lux like benz and bmw. modern softtops give almost the same NVH and environmental protection as a folding hardtop

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Rad usually equates. to "great" in the American vernacular. If you are going for a convertible, you are buying for reasons other than max performance. A power retractable hardtop would be amazing. It would look better, be cool, be more secure, more durable, and last longer. The reason I don't buy convertibles has. to do with the soft top wear and tear. I had an SLK with an ex for a bit with a power hard-top, was awesome. have a 2022 Z4 M40i with the soft top since last December. The soft top on the Z is nice, but I dread what the next 5 - 7 years bring. Wish it was a hard top. If the Mustang offered a hard top convertible, that would be a huge plus.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Rad usually equates. to "great" in the American vernacular. If you are going for a convertible, you are buying for reasons other than max performance. A power retractable hardtop would be amazing. It would look better, be cool, be more secure, more durable, and last longer. The reason I don't buy convertibles has. to do with the soft top wear and tear. I had an SLK with an ex for a bit with a power hard-top, was awesome. have a 2022 Z4 M40i with the soft top since last December. The soft top on the Z is nice, but I dread what the next 5 - 7 years bring. Wish it was a hard top. If the Mustang offered a hard top convertible, that would be a huge plus.
Haha, not sure if you are serious here but yeah, I know what rad means. The reason just about all company’s have gone away from hard top convertibles is because people weren’t buying them, because the vehicle loses almost all use of the trunk, are heavy and most folks that buy a convertible like that it looks like a convertible with the top up or down. All the hard top convertibles you see now-a-days are more targa top than convertible, i.e. the MX-5 and C8 Corvette. I don’t believe that a hardtop Mustang would look any better than the soft top because it would essentially have to keep the same lines as the soft top as it would be quite the feat to create a hardtop that has the fastback slope of the coupe.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Haha, not sure if you are serious here but yeah, I know what rad means. The reason just about all company’s have gone away from hard top convertibles is because people weren’t buying them, because the vehicle loses almost all use of the trunk, are heavy and most folks that buy a convertible like that it looks like a convertible with the top up or down. All the hard top convertibles you see now-a-days are more targa top than convertible, i.e. the MX-5 and C8 Corvette. I don’t believe that a hardtop Mustang would look any better than the soft top because it would essentially have to keep the same lines as the soft top as it would be quite the feat to create a hardtop that has the fastback slope of the coupe.
LOL. I know. Standard response for question like "are you. sure?" or "did you really mean this other thing?" Just a little this for that, my friend.

The hardtop is more expensive and complex to produce. and fix. The cloth is massively cheaper and thus more attractive to the bean counters. This was exacerbated further by the COVID lockdown response and so we see cheaped out materials. The SLK I had did not sacrifice much more space for the hard top than my Z4 does with its soft top. It's all in the engineering. Bbut convertibles as a whole have been losing popularity for many years and therefore, they need to find a way to be profitable while selling less. Hardtops have been the major casualty as well as many models simply not going the convertible route at all.

that said, having owned both types of convertibles (I don't know why. I am not really into the whole convertible thing. It's the ladies' bad influence, I swear), the hard top is a winner for multiple reasons. the soft top is a plus only for being lighter and saving a bit more space. If the soft top is your preference, I won't argue. But my preference is of no less value.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
LOL. I know. Standard response for question like "are you. sure?" or "did you really mean this other thing?" Just a little this for that, my friend.

The hardtop is more expensive and complex to produce. and fix. The cloth is massively cheaper and thus more attractive to the bean counters. This was exacerbated further by the COVID lockdown response and so we see cheaped out materials. The SLK I had did not sacrifice much more space for the hard top than my Z4 does with its soft top. It's all in the engineering. Bbut convertibles as a whole have been losing popularity for many years and therefore, they need to find a way to be profitable while selling less. Hardtops have been the major casualty as well as many models simply not going the convertible route at all.

that said, having owned both types of convertibles (I don't know why. I am not really into the whole convertible thing. It's the ladies' bad influence, I swear), the hard top is a winner for multiple reasons. the soft top is a plus only for being lighter and saving a bit more space. If the soft top is your preference, I won't argue. But my preference is of no less value.
Rental car companies in Florida, California, & Hawaii love convertibles (moneymakers).

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Rental car companies in Florida, California, & Hawaii love convertibles (moneymakers).
To a degree. they also get torn up pretty easily (cloth top). Fleet sales are nice for automakers regardless of model. My last trip to Hawaii, I did not see many convertibles. Perhaps for air conditioning reasons. It's pretty dang humid there!

Interestingly, the most popular rentals in Hawaii are actually trucks and SUVs.
Sponsored