• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2.3L S650 base convertible

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
This car in the flesh (as is) with a wash and wax will look 100 times better than these photos. The S650 design, IMHO, does very well with metallic paint to really get the body lines to "POP". Having a clean car helps, LOL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Based on this screenshot, the 2024 Mustang 2.3 L convertible look so bland (as bland as a Toyota Camry Solara). IMHO, folks would pull up to this car and wonder what it was.

24 Mustang convertible.png
It could use a flat black spoiler on the back.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
looks like a 2015 too me.
This.

Ford REALLY phoned it in on this latest "generation".

I like it, but it's the same thing from 2015. They even went back to the same side profile on the headlights.

I was hoping for (way) more change.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Based on this screenshot, the 2024 Mustang 2.3 L convertible look so bland (as bland as a Toyota Camry Solara). IMHO, folks would pull up to this car and wonder what it was.

24 Mustang convertible.png
Picture of a dusty ass base convertible with the worst lighting imaginable

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
That's real-life conditions.
And all of the other hundreds of photos arenā€™t

Or are we just cherry picking what real life is

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And all of the other hundreds of photos arenā€™t

Or are we just cherry picking what real life is
Most of the photos (posted here) were taken by professional photographers or at car shows where the lighting has been staged. The real world is where you pull to a red light, look at the other cars, and get inspired you had one.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Most of the photos (posted here) were taken by professional photographers or at car shows where the lighting has been staged. The real world is where you pull to a red light, look at the other cars, and get inspired you had one.
And in the real world cars are clean or dirty

Base models tend to look dull

Lighting in real world can make a difference in a still shot. In this example the sun is sitting directly behind the car and isnā€™t casting a single flattering projection along the side, which given the angle is all we can see and judge

Since there are very few irl convertible shots, hereā€™s an apples to apples thatā€™s still only mildly setting the car up for success

S650 Mustang 2.3L S650 base convertible 1675273416665

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lighting in real world can make a difference in a still shot. In this example the sun is sitting directly behind the car and isnā€™t casting a single flattering projection along the side, which given the angle is all we can see and judge

Since there are very few irl convertible shots, hereā€™s an apples to apples thatā€™s still only mildly setting the car up for success

1675273416665.jpeg
Here is the same car from a different angle. The lighting is a little bit different but it still looks bland.

S650 Mustang 2.3L S650 base convertible Screenshot_20230201_124811

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Here is the same car from a different angle. The lighting is a little bit different but it still looks bland.

Screenshot_20230201_124811.png
Comes back to the discussion of still shots versus rollers

Not many hard cuts in the body work so it doesnā€™t photograph well

Iā€™ve seen it in person, looks much more 3D and sculptural but you need to see light and reflections play off the body for that to make sense

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Tagging onto that last bit: Iā€™m making an assumption when we talk bland weā€™re talking about the muddy flank running along the midsection of the doors

Itā€™s never going to photograph well unless thereā€™s good downlighting and/or the paint has metallic flakes to pick up contrast

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
I may be in the overall minority from what I'm seeing on social media but I don't think the ecoboost model looks bad (or any model for that matter). Sure it's not the best looking of the ones we've seen so far but it looks like it serves its purpose as an introductory base model.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be in the overall minority from what I'm seeing on social media but I don't think the ecoboost model looks bad (or any model for that matter). Sure it's not the best looking of the ones we've seen so far but it looks like it serves its purpose as an introductory base model.
otherwise a Hertz rental car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP

1675273416665.jpeg
This Mustang looks much better than OPā€™s original picture; but the picture shows more detail, the wheels are nicer and the car much cleaner.
Sponsored