• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Convertible Owners

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
Question to those who have received their S650 Convertibles, have you had any issue with the back windows not fully closing when putting the top up? I know in the past this was a problem with the back windows not closing properly and requiring you to physically pull the window up to seal shut. I've seen remedies from Ford replacing the motor on those windows with a more powerful motor, adjusting the windows, vasolining/greasing the molding,... Is anyone with a new convertible experiencing this or has Ford permanently fixed the issue?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If youā€™d be so kind Iā€™d like to add a question to the thread. The plastic covers - in the trunk?

edit: wasnā€™t aware the rear windows were a currentIsh issue. We had one in ā€˜01 but donā€™t recall having the window issue.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Ah yes, the good ol rear windows not closing. I'm not a new S650 owner but all you need is spray silicone lube. Works like a charm. I have done it once every two years on my 2016 and they don't have issues any longer. They start to not close all the way due to dirt, dust and crud getting in the tracks and causing friction.

Hopefully Ford did fix this issue, but I kind of doubt it. Not exactly a real problem besides being pretty annoying. If you are a new S650 buyer you will probably have years of no issues with it anyway. To everyone getting your new vert, go have fun in the sun!! Cheers

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
If youā€™d be so kind Iā€™d like to add a question to the thread. The plastic covers - in the trunk?
Yes, there are some plastic covers in the trunk that have some soft materials covered with it.
You will not see a lot of aluminium inside the trunk, except for the top part in the trunk where you can see the body color and holes.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Yes, there are some plastic covers in the trunk that have some soft materials covered with it.
You will not see a lot of aluminium inside the trunk, except for the top part in the trunk where you can see the body color and holes.
I think he is referring to the plastic inserts to cover the gap when the convertible top is down. Haven't gotten much response on this but sounds like they are not included.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
No issues with my windows yet. I don' think it came with the covers you are talking about to cover the gaps when the top is down but I will check for sure tonight sometime.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible

edit: wasnā€™t aware the rear windows were a currentIsh issue. We had one in ā€˜01 but donā€™t recall having the window issue.
My plastic covers were on the back seat. Tried to take delivery today, but apparently a lot of people banged out early on Friday of Labor Day weekend, so now she sits until Tuesday.

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I have had mine less than 24 hours, but no window issues yet. Don't have the inserts, unless they are hidden somewhere.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I double checked and I don't have any plastic covers anywhere. I checked the glove box, center console, on the seats, under the seats and under the carpet in the trunk but the only thing there is a tire pump kit and fuel nozzle extension. The dealer gave me a separate plastic bag but it just had the standard floor mats and the locking lug nuts in it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I double checked and I don't have any plastic covers anywhere. I checked the glove box, center console, on the seats, under the seats and under the carpet in the trunk but the only thing there is a tire pump kit and fuel nozzle extension. The dealer gave me a separate plastic bag but it just had the standard floor mats and the locking lug nuts in it.
Thanks for checking. I may have missed it but what combination did you get, obviously a convertible but didnā€™t know eboost, premium, pp, etc.

edit: I found it. Ohā€¦.Darn.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for checking. I may have missed it but what combination did you get, obviously a convertible but didnā€™t know eboost, premium, pp, etc.
No problem. I got an Atlas Blue Premium GT Convertible with a stick shift, active exhaust and Brembos.

S650 Mustang S650 Convertible Owners IMG_1765

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone take a picture of the plastic covers so I can show my dealer what I'm missing?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. I got an Atlas Blue Premium GT Convertible with a stick shift, active exhaust and Brembos.

IMG_1765.jpeg
Looks very nice, congrats. It also appears like you have the spoiler. Are you able tell if it is bolted to a separate piece on the trunk lid or is it directly bolted?

edit:
context for the question. If spoiler delete option is a different trunk lid or is it the same?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-fastback-rear-wing-spoiler-options.157574/#post-3227442

Last edited:

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks very nice, congrats. It also appears like you have the spoiler. Are you able tell if it is bolted to a separate piece on the trunk lid or is it directly bolted?

edit:
context for the question. If spoiler delete option is a different trunk lid or is it the same?

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-fastback-rear-wing-spoiler-options.157574/#post-3227442
It looks like it is bolted to me although some of the aftermarket ones mention they use double sided tape instead for some reason. These bolts I found under these grommets line up with the spoiler. Have a look in the attached video.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he is referring to the plastic inserts to cover the gap when the convertible top is down.
Yes, that is correct. Thanks.
Sponsored