• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Fastback Rear Wing Spoiler - options?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I had a call during the week from my dealer to pre-dress my Mustang GT order.

With the S550 you could option a body coloured spoiler separately ($750) ex factory.
I recall there was also a more expensive option ~$1800 ish to get the same thing painted/fitted by your dealer... (probably for people who changed their mind since ordering?)

Now with the S650 some genius has dictated AU can only get a factory fitted spoiler with the Appearance Package, which includes the black/grey OTT Stripes. Yes, as per the leaked PDF from January 2023.

Example: (and I concede the stripes have some appeal with shadow black and the greys)

S650 Mustang GT Fastback Rear Wing Spoiler - options? OTT-Front.JPG

S650 Mustang GT Fastback Rear Wing Spoiler - options? OTT-Rear.JPG

From memory the S550 OTT Stripe option alone was ~$600 (correct me if I'm wrong, but I was never interested in them).

In theory, that places the S650 Appearance Pack circa $750 + $600 + inflation +FOX, so let's call it ~AUD$1,500 for now.

To get a body colour painted spoiler, we have two options;

A) Get the AP, peel off the vinyl stripes yourself, and throw ~$600 away.
The dealer did say, as the paint/exposure being only a few months old, wouldn't leave any marks where the stripes were.

B) Get an aftermarket spoiler painted and fitted locally, at probably greater cost than the AP.
And I'd expect delays before aftermarket parts become available here in the colonies.

It's so frustrating seeing the US Order Guide and what's available, compared to our miserable offerings.
Time to to stop watching the O/S review videos - they just rub salt into the wound.

If fitted locally, would drilling spoiler holes in the boot create a rust problem compared to factory fitted? (Are the factory spoiler holes drilled pre or post paint shop?)

Anyone else have the same rear wing spoiler dilemma, and what are your thoughts on which way to go?
Sponsored

Last edited:

crispaul77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I wonder if they will be selling the performance wing as a option without the perfomance package that wing is sharp

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I was hoping to get like the night pony package with the black spoiler and black roof with the Vapour blue...
Otherwise i at least want that spoiler and might get the roof and the wing sprayed/wrapped myself. Which will cost more than the package no doubt :/
I def do not want stripes on the vapour blue lol

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I wonder if they will be selling the performance wing as a option without the perfomance package that wing is sharp
No, for some bazar reason, (unless some sanity has finally prevailed) the rear Spoiler is not offered as a stand alone option on the MY24 Mustang, according to the previously leaked options list - which is the subject of this thread.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the actual performance of the "Performance" Rear Spoiler (which looks to be a carry-over from the MY18), it is apparently basically useless, giving zero (or "neutral") downforce according to Carl Widmann, Ford Chief Engineer on 2018 Ford Mustang GT: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - YouTube

This is a very interesting discussion and expose' on the then new FN Mustang GT, and the various Upgrades, by the then Chief Engineer Carl Widmann.

REAR SPOILER, (it has no Aileron Trailing Edge and zero downforce)- @11:00 he states they did hours of wind tunnel testing to ensure it was "Aero Neutral". although to then says "neutral to the set-up of the car...you don't want too much downforce".

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
REAR SPOILER, (it has no Aileron Trailing Edge and zero downforce)- @11:00 he states they did hours of wind tunnel testing to ensure it was "Aero Neutral". although to then says "neutral to the set-up of the car...you don't want too much downforce".
Thanks for posting that video link, Steve.
Very interesting.
They seem to churn through Chief Engineers.

But I still want one from a styling perspective!

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest video from CJ Pony Parts.

Assuming we get spoiler delete, adding a rear wing spoiler later just got a whole lot easier!
No more dicking around with tape and DIY drilling. :clap:

Watch from 8:40 - 9:06 (clip below is cued - just press play button)

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went back and had a closer look at the Yellow Splash GT that was on public display a few weeks ago in Melbourne.

Have a closer look at the boot... y'all will see the line/gap where the removable "spoiler delete" panel is.

S650 Mustang GT Fastback Rear Wing Spoiler - options? Spoiler delete.JPG

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went back and had a closer look at the Yellow Splash GT that was on public display a few weeks ago in Melbourne.

Have a closer look at the boot... y'all will see the line/gap where the removable "spoiler delete" panel is.

Spoiler delete.JPG
Great Idea, hopefully we get it, however as this is a RHD Pre-production car, there are no guarantees - like the Tail Lights vs the Gen3 "Supercar" Clears.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
No, for some bazar reason, (unless some sanity has finally prevailed) the rear Spoiler is not offered as a stand alone option on the MY24 Mustang, according to the previously leaked options list - which is the subject of this thread.
That was my advice as well. Mine is ordered with the appearance package and will be taking off the stripes.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
Just a quick question, does anybody know what spoiler is offered with the appearance/stripe package? Is it the raised performance pack spoiler or the standard lip spoiler ? I just noticed in specs it did say "Raised" spoiler. Whatever that is would be nice to know.

Last edited:

2-STANG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Wow its been a while since I have posted on the 6g, now 7g forum!!
Not sure if anyone from back in the day is still on here?

We are working on various aftermarket spoiler options already. R&D already in progress for almost 30-40 other aftermarket products as well. Looking forward to the new model launch!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We are working on various aftermarket spoiler options already. R&D already in progress for almost 30-40 other aftermarket products as well. Looking forward to the new model launch!
Thanks, however does the Rear Spoiler have a Gurney Lip / Aileron Trailing Edge for downforce, or is it flat with zero downforce and just creating unwanted Drag like the useless Ford Spoiler?

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20% Discount for Forum Members ????? :)
Sponsored