• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2.3L S650 base convertible

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Based on this screenshot, the 2024 Mustang 2.3 L convertible look so bland (as bland as a Toyota Camry Solara). IMHO, folks would pull up to this car and wonder what it was.

S650 Mustang 2.3L S650 base convertible 24 Mustang convertible
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
looks like a 2015 too me.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's better angle. I wonder why they why use a photo of such a dirty car to promote. Seems foolish.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
We get it. You don't like the S650. But plenty of us here do and I'd never call the design bland, but you're entitled to your opinion.
I haven't seen one comment about the S650 base convertible (prior to today) except for me and in your comment, you have clumped all of the 2024 Mustangs under one design umbrella. They are not designed the same. They are similar but not the same. In my comment, I was referring to a non-Mustang owner coming up to this base convertible on the street and wondering what it was. Mustang owners are already believers. Ford wants new believers to buy their cars.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We get it. You don't like the S650. But plenty of us here do and I'd never call the design bland, but you're entitled to your opinion.
He's been salty ever since his "Years financing a S650" thread

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
I agree with OP; the Mustang in this trim looks bland. Other trims look good to me. I think part of the reason is because of the wheels. I welcome this newer version of Mustang though.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buy different wheels.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
I agree the base Mustang can be a little bland. I'm sure Ford, as usual, wants to keep the price down for those that don't want/need all the bells, and a whistles. And of course they make a good entry Mustang. However, to me they are basically like a blank canvas. Just starting with a nice set of aftermarket wheels, and you're on your way to a good looking Mustang. I've seen some really nice ones around my town, and the unwashed have absolutley no idea what kind on engine is in the car. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
I agree the base Mustang can be a little bland. I'm sure Ford, as usual, wants to keep the price down for those that don't want/need all the bells, and a whistles. And of course they make a good entry Mustang. However, to me they are basically like a blank canvas. Just starting with a nice set of aftermarket wheels, and you're on your way to a good looking Mustang. I've seen some really nice ones around my town, and the unwashed have absolutley no idea what kind on engine is in the car. :)
Agreed. A lot of bang for the buck.:thumbsup:
Sponsored