• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
yeah if there would have been a big difference most likely they would have wanted to hint that! As long as the weight is the same 20-40 will not make that much of a difference specially not with a manual car when launching
Yeah, just had the 18 Camaro SS 8AT and GT 10AT on a dragstrip as european models. The Camaro easily beat the Mustang every single time, so the EU Dark Horse really have to come with a good step up. 20hp difference isn't as important as structural changes to improve handling and launching.
Can't wait go get more details on S650 and when magazines will get their hands on the car on a track
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
seems to be easier to go decat/changing to high flow cats? header on both sides seems to connect via connections to the cats on both sides or was this also the same on the 18+ I cannot even remember how it looked on mine

1663239385228.png
You are correct. Previous exhaust manifolds had the cats and manifold as a one piece on the driver side and as a 2 piece on the passenger side. This new design will be a lot better and I predict it will make many more people buy some cat delete tubes instead of buying full headers.

Why spend $1,500+ and hours of labor to do headers when you could spend $300 and do the install in 30 min. You probably would not gain that much more hp with full headers especially with just a standard fbo car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, just had the 18 Camaro SS 8AT and GT 10AT on a dragstrip as european models. The Camaro easily beat the Mustang every single time, so the EU Dark Horse really have to come with a good step up. 20hp difference isn't as important as structural changes to improve handling and launching.
Can't wait go get more details on S650 and when magazines will get their hands on the car on a track
Mustang should beat the Camaro. I know the European mustangs aren’t as powerful as the American mustangs tho.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
According to the specs, the 5.0L now measures as a 307 cubic inch V8 not as a 302 cubic inch engine V8.
The Coyote engine has had 307 cubic inches of displacement since the 2018 model year with the introduction of the Gen 3. This is no different than the engine that has powered the last 5 years of Mustang GTs.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 Sold-#508 LE 50TH Aniv.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I have mentioned it before, don't think it would have beat my old GT :p

what was the ET and what speeds?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Did Ford seriously just drop that POS Getrag that they’re being sued over into the last combustion engine Mustang? Was hoping for the 3160, but of course that’s in the DH.

Lets hope it’s not the MT-82.
Of course it is. What else did you think you were going to get? The Tremec was a forum wet dream.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
No weight loss....very disappointed.

Overall I like the looks of the car but there really isn't anything different about the car compared to the S550. It's just a slightly improved S550.

Anyone have the spec sheet on the Dark Horse S and R?....and the GT3 car?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Have a question. Why isn't Ford using a DCT like what's in the current GT500? My last 4 cars had some version of a DCT. IMO, for me, it's the only way to go. Not a big fan of the current 10 spd auto I have in my '22 GT, especially that unbelievably jarring 1-2 shift. Thankfully, when in Sport paddle shift mode, I can start off in 2nd!
The same reason for why the standard cars don’t get a Tremec. Money!!! Honestly the DCT was unique to the GT500. Doubt we will ever see it again.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
The same reason for why the standard cars don’t get a Tremec. Money!!! Honestly the DCT was unique to the GT500. Doubt we will ever see it again.
So far, the electric cars don't need transmissions, so I don't see Ford spending future R&D money on a replacement for the 6-speed.
Sponsored