• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Dark Horse is suppose to have upgraded connecting rods. Also heard a rumor about upgraded cams. Trying to piece together all the info.
The Cams are not the Rumour it's official in the Media pack on Ford Media:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...hifts-its-style--performance-and-digital.html

At the heart of this new Mustang is a higher output version of the all-new Gen IV V8 engine with new camshafts and unique Mustang Dark Horse tuning, with a dual throttle-body intake design for twice as much fresh air into the engine for maximum performance. Mustang Dark Horse comes as standard with a unique six-speed TREMEC manual transmission with 3D-printed titanium shift ball, available exclusively for this model, or Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Hmmm this is really close the s550. I’m wondering how many of the s550 chassis parts will work on this new s650. Not going to lie, not a fan of the rear design or the front BUT this dark horse edition is seriously got me considering trading my fully loaded 20 PP1 for a fully loaded dark horse 10 speed 🥴🤦🏼‍♂️ The Dark Horse appears to have 350 brake set up right?
According to the Car and Driver reporter, this S650 is nothing but a reskinned S550 with more bells and whistles.

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
Have a question. Why isn't Ford using a DCT like what's in the current GT500? My last 4 cars had some version of a DCT. IMO, for me, it's the only way to go. Not a big fan of the current 10 spd auto I have in my '22 GT, especially that unbelievably jarring 1-2 shift. Thankfully, when in Sport paddle shift mode, I can start off in 2nd!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
seems to be easier to go decat/changing to high flow cats? header on both sides seems to connect via connections to the cats on both sides or was this also the same on the 18+ I cannot even remember how it looked on mine

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang (S650) Specs Sheet / Technical Data 1663239385228

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colors were showin in Stangmode's video on it.. Starting at this timestamp. you see the colors on the little mockups
According to the specs, the 5.0L now measures as a 307 cubic inch V8 not as a 302 cubic inch engine V8. I had that 307 V8 in my new 1971 Camaro.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have a question. Why isn't Ford using a DCT like what's in the current GT500? My last 4 cars had some version of a DCT. IMO, for me, it's the only way to go. Not a big fan of the current 10 spd auto I have in my '22 GT, especially that unbelievably jarring 1-2 shift. Thankfully, when in Sport paddle shift mode, I can start off in 2nd!
No horsepower specs listed.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 Sold-#508 LE 50TH Aniv.
Did Ford seriously just drop that POS Getrag that they’re being sued over into the last combustion engine Mustang? Was hoping for the 3160, but of course that’s in the DH.

Lets hope it’s not the MT-82.
MT82 is normal Stangs. The 3160 is for the Dark Horse

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hm so it weighs just as much with 20 or so more HP for the GT and RWD. If coming from an S550 there's not really a performance gain. Just the last chance to get a new V8 mustang from Ford.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The Cams are not the Rumour it's official in the Media pack on Ford Media:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...hifts-its-style--performance-and-digital.html

At the heart of this new Mustang is a higher output version of the all-new Gen IV V8 engine with new camshafts and unique Mustang Dark Horse tuning, with a dual throttle-body intake design for twice as much fresh air into the engine for maximum performance. Mustang Dark Horse comes as standard with a unique six-speed TREMEC manual transmission with 3D-printed titanium shift ball, available exclusively for this model, or Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Good catch thank you!

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 Sold-#508 LE 50TH Aniv.
According to the specs, the 5.0L now measures as a 307 cubic inch V8 not as a 302 cubic inch engine V8. I had that 307 V8 in my new 1971 Camaro.
18+ are 307 already

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Has anyone seen more engine specs? Is this a Gen 4 coyote? What HP are they quoting? Other than some QoL upgrades Im figuring from the interior, nothing on these screams “sell your ‘18+ S550” to upgrade
They said GT is aiming for 480hp and Dark Horse will approach 500hp, but of course these numbers are not final yet. I really wished they would have added in some performance metrics how much faster a GT and Dark Horse is on track or drag compared to 18 GT and Mach 1. I got the feeling we shouldn't expect a big difference

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
They said GT is aiming for 480hp and Dark Horse will approach 500hp, but of course these numbers are not final yet. I really wished they would have added in some performance metrics how much faster a GT and Dark Horse is on track or drag compared to 18 GT and Mach 1. I got the feeling we shouldn't expect a big difference
According to Specs Dark Horse is same weight as a Mach 1 but with 30-40 hp more and if the PZero Trofeo RS are better tire than a Cup 2 a better tire. So this will add probably a 1 second in track times ore less. Overall not huge difference performance wise.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
yeah if there would have been a big difference most likely they would have wanted to hint that! As long as the weight is the same 20-40 will not make that much of a difference specially not with a manual car when launching
Sponsored