• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT Quirks…so far

RGirardot50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor & 2024 Mustang GT
After a few months of ownership, I’ve come across a couple of quirks with the new Stang.

1. Front wheel well, behind each tire there is a large gap in the frame where rocks and other road debris collect. Ford should have installed some sort of mud/splash guard.

2. Center screen sometimes does not shut down completely. Noticed a few times at night after locking the car center screen remains dimly lit. A quick unlock/lock of the key fob corrects it but what your battery draw if rarely driven.

3. After just a couple miles received transmission error. What was weird I was not driving, simply walked past the car with the key fob in pocket, lights did their flashing/pulse sequence, stereo speakers sounded like they blasted some alien noise. Thought that was strange so i started the car up and that’s when I saw the error for transmission. Simply restarted car error went away and no issues since car drives fine.

Any body else experience anything like this?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My car has 1 qwerk, as the gas gets lower when it gets to around 50 miles to empty… it starts dropping a mile every few seconds, so I keep it full before 1/4 tank, but it’s done it 3 times now.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
98 miles on the clock... Noticing a rattle noise from beneath the car in reverse only, and only when moving (MT82-D4). No noise at idle or in any of the forward gears. Maybe just a heat shield as that's how it sounds. Otherwise the car runs like a scalded dog. No other concerns at this early point into my ownership.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My car has 1 qwerk, as the gas gets lower when it gets to around 50 miles to empty… it starts dropping a mile every few seconds, so I keep it full before 1/4 tank, but it’s done it 3 times now.
It’ll do that at 120mph. 😁

thx for the tip will keep an eye out for it.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I've experienced this too, and don't let my GT get below 50 to E anymore. On track days empty was like 35 to E.

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
On mine, the passenger seat lever which allows the rear seat passenger to exit often doesn't work.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Ahem, allow me:
1- Manual recline handle on power seats?
2- "Custom" settings revert to "Normal" on startup...isn't this "My Mustang?"
3-The obnoxious carbon traps...
4-If you turn off the engine and just sit in the car for a noon time nap, some evil spirit starts rattling around under the hood to wake you up after about 10 minutes.
5-No spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. Why? Cause eff you, that's why.
6-I paid for the gas guzzler tax, so why did I get such a tiny gas tank?
7-The rear deck speakers on the fancy B&O sysm are severely underpowered, like non-existent.
8-Shooting up an on ramp and rocketing past the lumbering big rigs, triple digits on the speedo...ok ok I forgive you.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
Well, I have had mine 6 weeks and the quirks I have it the center screen delaying and having issues with playing audio from my Voxer app on my phone but other than that everything else is great. I now have about 1,700 miles on it. But I loveeeeee my car!!!!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Car is always thirsty ..

10 speed tranny sucks still ..one of my shift points is at 40 mph and speed limit is 45mph ..so when I let go of the gas it shifts down at 40 but if I tap the gas ..transmission freaks out and boom hard shift back up because it was shifting down at the same time so it gets mad when I tap the gas at those speeds
10 speed has been absolutely mind blowing how good it is. If you need to go from 40 to 45 mph it's not like you hardly even have to downshift

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Ahem, allow me:
1- Manual recline handle on power seats?
2- "Custom" settings revert to "Normal" on startup...isn't this "My Mustang?"
3-The obnoxious carbon traps...
4-If you turn off the engine and just sit in the car for a noon time nap, some evil spirit starts rattling around under the hood to wake you up after about 10 minutes.
5-No spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. Why? Cause eff you, that's why.
6-I paid for the gas guzzler tax, so why did I get such a tiny gas tank?
7-The rear deck speakers on the fancy B&O sysm are severely underpowered, like non-existent.
8-Shooting up an on ramp and rocketing past the lumbering big rigs, triple digits on the speedo...ok ok I forgive you.
So true on #1. I test drove one recently and was hitting all the buttons to adjust the seat and the dealer is like, yeah it's a manual recline for some reason. That just screams cost cutting. I've never been in a car with manual recline and electric everything else.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
So true on #1. I test drove one recently and was hitting all the buttons to adjust the seat and the dealer is like, yeah it's a manual recline for some reason. That just screams cost cutting. I've never been in a car with manual recline and electric everything else.
I THINK that was done for rear seat access, that said they put the release in the stupidest f***ing place possible.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I THINK that was done for rear seat access, that said they put the release in the stupidest f***ing place possible.
I noticed that too. Took forever to find it with my hand. It's definitely NOT where you think it would be.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I beg to differ, there's a pull handle on the back of the seat for getting in the rear. Worst part is thinking "memory seats!" and finding out "yeah...not really."
Sponsored