• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT Quirks…so far

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I beg to differ, there's a pull handle on the back of the seat for getting in the rear. Worst part is thinking "memory seats!" and finding out "yeah...not really."
Just shy of reach by little ones wondering, what’s that thing do.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ahem, allow me:
1- Manual recline handle on power seats?
2- "Custom" settings revert to "Normal" on startup...isn't this "My Mustang?"
3-The obnoxious carbon traps...
4-If you turn off the engine and just sit in the car for a noon time nap, some evil spirit starts rattling around under the hood to wake you up after about 10 minutes.
5-No spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. Why? Cause eff you, that's why.
6-I paid for the gas guzzler tax, so why did I get such a tiny gas tank?
7-The rear deck speakers on the fancy B&O sysm are severely underpowered, like non-existent.
8-Shooting up an on ramp and rocketing past the lumbering big rigs, triple digits on the speedo...ok ok I forgive you.
#1 I'd guess weight savings and production costs of having a power seat back. It's annoying for sure.

#2 is annoying AF. I have read that Ford does this for legal reasons. They can not have cars starting up without TC and the nannys activated.

#5 Yeah, have to get he 401a to get a spare.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
#5 Yeah, have to get he 401a to get a spare.
Just to clarify as long as you don't get the PP. I have 401a and PP and didn't get a spare.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just to clarify as long as you don't get the PP. I have 401a and PP and didn't get a spare.
It has to do with the brembos. If you have the brembo package, either with the PP or not, it requires a deeper wheel to accommodate the larger brake calipers. The standard spare won't clear them, so instead of just including a spare with a deeper wheel, Ford just gives us the finger and provides a can of fix-a-flat.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My bad.. lol

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The last time I used a spare tire was 1969. Now that I've posted that, I'll probably need one tonight!
Oof you better knock on wood before you jinx yourself!

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I THINK that was done for rear seat access, that said they put the release in the stupidest f***ing place possible.
Honestly though the manual recline is so much faster than Electric. Already the seat forward / back on auto is slower.
Sponsored