• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
What is tram lining? Is that where minor surface changes or road imperfections cause the car to dart in various directions more noticably than your average car?
basically yes. i think of it like where the road has been worn by traffic and the car is pulled into those valleys

funny thing about the steering, I watched 2 that were positive about it. Both reviewers own(ed) S550: Savagegeese talked about improved steering at 31:20 and Raiti talked about it being spot on at 26:33
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
funny thing about the steering, I watched 2 that were positive about it. Both reviewers own(ed) S550: Savagegeese talked about improved steering at 31:20 and Raiti talked about it being spot on at 26:33
RevanEvan said the steering was a bit light but it was very precise, he had very good things to say about steering, magneride, and the A10.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
basically yes. i think of it like where the road has been worn by traffic and the car is pulled into those valleys

Yes and I can definitely say without a doubt my 350R 10000% tramlines -

It sounds like turn in is faster on the new car- so there it is improved.....more direct....but with less feel and assuming no tramlining since not mentioned

So I can see how it might feel better to some- worst to others ....Im really interested to drive one to get my own take...I think it will be personal preference......

I can also see where compared to S550 GT- it would be better- I am not 100% clear if they mean better compared to standard S550 GT only or better then GT350/Mach 1 - might be a good question on the Savage Geese thread .....

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Is there any more clarification on this "soft-limiter" thing that C&D and MT mentioned? Above all else, for me at least, that kind of thing is a massive killer of engine character. Wasn't this engine beefed up to handle more revs? If it can't sweep to it's redline naturally, that's a HUGE bummer.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Keepsakes...consider cruising by the newsstands from time-to-time, to pickup any magazines with S650 reveals on the cover. They'd be a nice compliment to the car and any other documentation you might be saving.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
All a matter of perspective. They didnā€™t make any extensive leaps and bounds here but they certainly didnā€™t take away the magic.

Motor Trend article was surprisingly insightful.

Think thereā€™s a typo/misinformation-direct on the brake by wire claims. Itā€™s still a physically connected system with the addition of an electrically-controlled brake booster for individual braking and brake bias.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Several of us experienced tramlining in the Machs, but we attributed the issue to the Michelin Cup 2s when driving on the street. Replacing the Cup2s with a more suitable street tire resolved the issue. YMMV.

Last edited:

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
All things aside from this not being a true FP developed Mustang, from someone who didn't own an S550 and seeing how awesome the GT350's and Mach 1's were I'm glad I'm currently on order for a DH HP. Everything I've heard about the DH matches what I'm looking for in my next car: emotional, fast, good handling, easy to drive, mainly for street but very much track capable, practical (for a coupe), good tech. Only 2 other cars in my book come close to hitting these marks and that's the M4 Comp and C8 2LT, both of which are more expensive than the Mustang.

This is a car I will be growing into throughout my ownership, last car was a 4 cyl Acura TLX, and I can't wait to push myself and the car on the track (not the street :wink:) in the future.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I keep seeing people mention FP mustangs, the Mach 1 was not a FP mustang either, and the DH is a direct evolution of that. As long as you have realistic expectations of an evolved Mach 1 on pretty much the same base chassis, you should be pleased. I know that is what I am looking for.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Two things of note. This is the first time I have actually seen the Dark Horse puddle lamps in action, they look great:
Screenshot_20230801_181351_YouTube.jpg

The other theme that seems prevalent is the "Distraction" of operating the infotainment and HVAC controls. I thought the SYNC systems were voice activated/operated, not one person mentioned it, it seems that wouldn't be much of a distraction.
1690928742908.png

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/<strong>voice command</

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
However, someone not currently in a M1 or a 350, will be super happy with their DH.
Me! And I will be extremely happy once Ford decides to build and deliver my DH!!!

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Two things of note. This is the first time I have actually seen the Dark Horse puddle lamps in action, they look great:
Screenshot_20230801_181351_YouTube.jpg
Thanks for the find. I was wondering what they looked like. Not just the pony. Something different for the DH.

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Somewhat dissappointing in most respectā€¦.if you like the interior and the tablet dash seems like a no brainer. From a performance standpoint it doesnā€™t seem like any noticeable excitement over the Mach I delivery. i want so much to love it but Iā€™m struggling with prices dropping on C8s and the fact that they are here now and on the lot. I just donā€™t know if it can hold out for another 9-12 months for a Dark horse Based on these reviews. I was hoping for a much stronger emotional reaction.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Auto Buyers Guide | Alex on Autos

StangMode
Sponsored