• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I love It, specifically the performance package GT. Love the color, love the rear taillights (thought I wouldn't initially) and those colored brembos. Slightly disappointed they don't offer the tremac as an option for the performance package trim though. Im curious to see if they will announce a GT350 in the years following. If so might be worth the wait to pass on the first year or two.
The handling pack on Dark Horse is basically GT350 with Brembos and a Coyote instead of FPC.
This thing weighs as much as my dad's hearse, too bad they dont have a Panamera Turismo shooting brake style full leg room rear seater or 3 door/4 door.
Give us a wagon! Oh yea, forgot about MachE. carry on....
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Was going through the press photos on the Motortrend website and saw this photo of the rear glass. Nice touch to include all 7 gen profiles, a bit reminiscent of what Dodge does on the Challenger and Charger, so while not too original it's a neat nod.
S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! Rear Glass

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Exactly! I miss the days of Mark Fields. Too bad he got ousted b/c the investors weren't happy, but I believe he's one of the reasons we saw so many great Ford Performance cars in the middle of the 2010's: Fiesta/Focus ST, Focus RS, GT350, GT Supercar, Raptors

Alan Mulally was CEO from 2006-2014; the first Raptor was released in 2009. I remember thinking at the time it was a ballsy move, as we were in one of the perennial gas crunches, the GFC was raging and everything was going 'economy.'

damships

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
It’s a lot cooler and sleeker than I thought it would be. It looks better than the small leaks we got. That being said, it’s not a HUGE upgrade from the 6th Gen. I think most of us with 6th Generation ponies aren’t going to leap at this thing (unless you got cash to burn 😝).

Any word on MSRP and HP/Torque?

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I am really excited for this car. Not so thrilled with the giant screens that aren't integrated with the dash and the lack of physical HVAC controls but the rest of the interior is so much nicer.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 & 2010 Honda Fit Sport
oh wow, FINALLY!!

the interior looks like a big improvement,
to me it looks like a s550 with a new front head lights and the rear has that arch/bend in it

I do like it overall, but I kind of think its an update to teh s550,

but I think i might stick with my s550
Yes, I like the appearance upgrades but also noticed that a lot of things that were optional are now standard like the lane-keeping, auto dim headlights, etc. I wonder what the MSRP would be? But, like you I think I'll keep my S550 especially since I don't even have 3800 miles on it despite being 2 years old.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 & 2010 Honda Fit Sport
It’s a lot cooler and sleeker than I thought it would be. It looks better than the small leaks we got. That being said, it’s not a HUGE upgrade from the 6th Gen. I think most of us with 6th Generation ponies aren’t going to leap at this thing (unless you got cash to burn 😝).

Any word on MSRP and HP/Torque?
Yeah, I wondered about the power as they indicate it's the most powerful Coyote yet, but would like to see the actual specs on it. They didn't increase compression so it's perhaps linked to cam profiles and the dual throttle body.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
It's nice.....but not enough reason to upgrade from my 2018.
I think seeing it this way without anything else I agree. But when everything is put together I bet it’s a way better car. To me the difference between the 17 and 18 was significant enough that the 18 was a much better car.enough to trade a 17 in for a 18?? Idk, but I for sure could see me trading a 15 for it and I bet if I had my 18 I’d trade for this one. Hell enough though it was worth trading a 18+ GT for a Mach 1 and I wouldn’t be surprised if the performance pack S650 is close to the Mach 1 in performance, though doesn’t seem like it’ll come with the tremec.

I sold my GT when I got more then what I paid for it 3 years earlier. Order a C8 that kept getting delayed and got a GR Supra, and now I could maybe see getting a S650 if I ever have issues with the Supra. I think Ford hit a home run with this car from what I can see.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 CTS-V
I really hope that isn’t the MT-82. Was hoping for the 3160 period. Especially being the last combustion Mustang. Smh.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Two thingz:
Why does it have to look like an EV on the inside...?

Secondly, why do Ford's "displays" have to sit so high up in their cars..? This ruins the Explorer, Mach-E and even this Mustang. Nothing should be above the cowling, or front dashline. It purposely obstructs your view... (previously you can manually reach for 90% of everything), without even have to look down (by touch), now they are making you look and surf and taking your eyes away from driving. Forcing you to have to LOOK, instead of feel.

I can't sit in a damn Mach-E for more than 30 seconds and physically keep wanting to move that display out of my way. It's absurdly IN YOUR FACE...

And when I drive a car, I am trying to get away from things being in my face...! I want an Analogue experience.

My girlfriend can not even see the curb or the front of the Mach-e because she's 5'5" and has a display sitting above her eye-line.... obstructing her view. Everyone I know hates them... who is asking for this type of trash?

If a Mustang looks & feels like this on the inside, I'll just invest more into my simulator.
Sponsored