• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
DH scheduling but still exhausted availability on HP. Wonder if any HP will get scheduled.

What is "balance to go"?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
DH scheduling but still exhausted availability on HP. Wonder if any HP will get scheduled.

What is "balance to go"?
Yeah... If by chance my order gets called, I may consider dropping HP and maybe even AP to go Race Red.

I'm thinking I can add the HP items after market for cheaper 🤔

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yikes, October dates and still can't schedule Handling Pack cars. If Ford doesn't build them from Dec-March like the M1 HP, we may be in for a really long wait, over a year from ordering before our cars are even scheduled. A year and 3 months (or longer) from order to delivery. Buckle up.

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So a GT in Shadow Black with Nite Pony, should not be constrained since it is the black roof panels holding up NP??

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yikes, October dates and still can't schedule Handling Pack cars. If Ford doesn't build them from Dec-March like the M1 HP, we may be in for a really long wait, over a year from ordering before our cars are even scheduled. A year and 3 months (or longer) from order to delivery. Buckle up.
@roket @Skye I know both of you guys were in the 2022 Mach 1 group, i followed along because I almost bought one, decided to hold out for S650. Didnt the October 2021 ordered HP cars not get scheduled until April 2022 because they didnt build them over the winter? If that holds true for DH orders, if we dont get scheduled by November, we could be looking at April 2023 before we get scheduled, Making it over a year from our order date, doesn't that seem like a crazy long time? Even the 2022 HP guys were like 6-9 months typically right? How long did the '21 guys wait?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Hopefully this is good news for anyone with a DH and no HP.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
@roket @Skye I know both of you guys were in the 2022 Mach 1 group, i followed along because I almost bought one, decided to hold out for S650. Didnt the October 2021 ordered HP cars not get scheduled until April 2022 because they didnt build them over the winter? If that holds true for DH orders, if we dont get scheduled by November, we could be looking at April 2023 before we get scheduled, Making it over a year from our order date, doesn't that seem like a crazy long time? Even the 2022 HP guys were like 6-9 months typically right? How long did the '21 guys wait?
mine was also MP, which was a late availability color. i got mine 8 months, nearly 9, after ordering it

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Hmmmm if I get rid of my HP I can possibly get scheduled. However, I'd hate I got the car without it 😂. Damn ford how yall short on parts on a new production car. I can see if this was a shortage of stuff after 8 months production but not the beginning 😂. Owell I'll try to wait.

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
7 weeks of summer left … Ford straight up lied. Won’t be many if any DH Mustangs delivered. With Corvette prices dropping fast they will lose a significant amount of orders due to stupidity. People will wait just don’t give false expectation. Hope the GTs and Ecoboost satisfies but DH won’t make an impact next summer after all the hype is gone. Hey but what do I know?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
7 weeks of summer left … Ford straight up lied. Won’t be many if any DH Mustangs delivered. With Corvette prices dropping fast they will lose a significant amount of orders due to stupidity. People will wait just don’t give false expectation. Hope the GTs and Ecoboost satisfies but DH won’t make an impact next summer after all the hype is gone. Hey but what do I know?
Ford never said Dark Horse deliveries would be done before summer was over. They never even said DH would be delivered at all in summer. All they said was first deliveries of any 2024 Mustang would start in summer, which is still nearly 2 full months. This model year will be 18 months long.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Ford already said that the MY24 will be ~18 months. They even shortened the MY23 my ending production of the M23's in what, Mid-May?

This was done to changeover and start the MY24's production. So, even if cars aren't built until April 24, they will still be '24's.

There will many extremely unhappy people waiting that long for a retail ordered vehicle. But Ford already did it for the Mach 1 and Bronco, and many people did wait it out, so Ford didn't change their formula.

That said, I will wait it out for the exact car I ordered with no changes.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Ford already said that the MY24 will be ~18 months. They even shortened the MY23 my ending production of the M23's in what, Mid-May?

This was done to changeover and start the MY24's production. So, even if cars aren't built until April 24, they will still be '24's.

There will many extremely unhappy people waiting that long for a retail ordered vehicle. But Ford already did it for the Mach 1 and Bronco, and many people did wait it out, so Ford didn't change their formula.

That said, I will wait it out for the exact car I ordered with no changes.
Yeah i was refering to the 2022 mach 1s not the 23s. I have been keeping up for a few years. They started scheduling non-HP 2022 orders from October in Nov/Dec 2021, but HPs didnt start until April 2022 because of the winter hold on HP. Average lead time from what I can tell on M6G was 6-9 months from order to scheduled for the 2022 HPs. The 2023s were much quicker because of the shortened year.

I was comparing to the last full year, and it looks like 2024 is going to be a much longer wait. If they dont schedule in Dec-March again, you are looking at April scheduling for June build date if you dont make it by November. That will be 1 year 3 months or more from order date until build date. That is very long even compared to the 2022 Mach 1s.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Yeah i was refering to the 2022 mach 1s not the 23s. I have been keeping up for a few years. They started scheduling non-HP 2022 orders from October in Nov/Dec 2021, but HPs didnt start until April 2022 because of the winter hold on HP. Average lead time from what I can tell on M6G was 6-9 months from order to scheduled for the 2022 HPs. The 2023s were much quicker because of the shortened year.

I was comparing to the last full year, and it looks like 2024 is going to be a much longer wait. If they dont schedule in Dec-March again, you are looking at April scheduling for June build date if you dont make it by November. That will be 1 year 3 months or more from order date until build date. That is very long even compared to the 2022 Mach 1s.
Agreed.

Sorry, I was referring to the Mach 1 and Bronco's releases in general. And to the MY23 as a whole. My fault for not specifying.
Sponsored