• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Seems like another issue might arrise? Nite Pony roof exhausted, and dealers advised to drop it for stock orders, although for GT Premium, the default wheel if NP is removed is now in "Limited Supply"
Just another reason I'm going to wait it all out, I'll get it when it's done
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Glad to see some of our DH people are going to get scheduled and some waiting relief.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Didnt the October 2021 ordered HP cars not get scheduled until April 2022 because they didnt build them over the winter? If that holds true for DH orders, if we dont get scheduled by November, we could be looking at April 2023 before we get scheduled, Making it over a year from our order date, doesn't that seem like a crazy long time? Even the 2022 HP guys were like 6-9 months typically right? How long did the '21 guys wait?
I've read posts previously that Ford will not build or ship cars with Cup2 and Trofeo-like tires from Nov - Mar. I'm not aware of anyone receiving an HP-type car during these months. I'm reading one thread from April 2021. A Member had just received his HP Mach, ordered in January 2021, scheduled for Production in March.

It would be my belief that, if the vehicle is not built by late October 2023, and with MY24 continuing through next season, the wait for cars with Trofeo tires would continue until Spring of 2024.

From the 2022 Mustang Order Guide: "1 Designed to optimize driving dynamics and provide superior performance on wet and dry roads. High performance summer tires wear faster than non-performance tires. Ford does not recommend using summer tires when temperatures drop to approximately 45 deg F (7 deg C) or below or in snow/ice conditions."

MY 2021...The Mach 1 is re-introduced. My MY21 Order Guide has no references to any option being delayed or having "Late Availability". COVID was on-going in 2021, with chip and supply chain shortages occurring. Started as a regular MY, but as time went on, several began expressing concerns, especially on items involving chips. On 28 October 2021, Granger Ford started a thread, telling us orders were now being cancelled, by Ford. Reason: commodity shortages. HP cars for sure. MagneRide IIRC. Anything involving chips. Customers were encouraged to re-order. Compensation from Ford? None that I'm aware of, but maybe some local dealers gave people a break. Those who ordered early in the MY seemed to have made out well. Those who might have ordered in the late Spring, Summer that year, were at greatest risk of cancellation. I cannot remember average wait times for MY21. It definitely got worse as the MY progressed. Problems peaked in the late Summer and Fall of 2021.

MY 2022...Order Guide is published, with "Late Availability" marked on several options: paint codes, Rear Seat Delete, HP package, Costal Limited Package. I ordered in January 2022, right after the Holidays, with the hope I'd receive it by September of 2022. While COVID was winding down, the invasion of Ukraine began in Feb of 2022. Commodity constraints were still an issue. I seem to remember transportation issues (both rail and trucking). Fuel costs increasing, a lot. Price increases. Delivery charge increases. By late May, early June of 2022, any constraints had been lifted. My car was scheduled for Production in May of 2022, built in June of 2022. Summer of 2022, Ford was at full-throttle cranking out Mustangs.

MY 2023...Kind of a clean-up MY. Very brief. I don't seem to remember any problems, unless you ordered really late, when parts were running out and Ford was prepping for the S650.

Last edited:

mustangmike2176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse (on order), '20 Explorer, '17 F150
7 weeks of summer left ā€¦ Ford straight up lied. Wonā€™t be many if any DH Mustangs delivered. With Corvette prices dropping fast they will lose a significant amount of orders due to stupidity. People will wait just donā€™t give false expectation. Hope the GTs and Ecoboost satisfies but DH wonā€™t make an impact next summer after all the hype is gone. Hey but what do I know?
They may be dropping prices on the C8 but in Canada, there is a 3-year waitlist to get a brand new Corvette. I'll take my chances on the DH with HP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)
Sorry if this info is available somewhere else and I didnā€™t see it yet, but have any DH HP orders been scheduled at all? How is there exhausted availability if none have even been scheduled?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Sorry if this info is available somewhere else and I didnā€™t see it yet, but have any DH HP orders been scheduled at all? How is there exhausted availability if none have even been scheduled?
There have been a small handful on this site that have been scheduled with the HP, the vast majority here and on other sites with the HP have not though. It really seems like it is going to be a low volume package, which when you look at the 75% take rate on this forum, you can deduce that there are going to be long wait times, and maybe worse.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Wow so I guess getting mine scheduled in the first couple weeks was lucky then. I have the HP and double checked my order to make sure
S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Specialty Scheduling This Week (8/3/23) for Production Weeks 9/4 - 9/25 Darkhorse.PNG

Obus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
My DH with HP order has been built and according to my dealer (and what we all know here) is waiting to get shipped. It had a blend date of July 13th. Just to give people hope, there are at least a few of these orders going through!
Being in Canada I do not have access to the tracker site or tool, so this window sticker is all I have.
S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Specialty Scheduling This Week (8/3/23) for Production Weeks 9/4 - 9/25 1690901071567

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
My DH with HP order has been built and according to my dealer (and what we all know here) is waiting to get shipped. It had a blend date of July 13th. Just to give people hope, there are at least a few of these orders going through!
Being in Canada I do not have access to the tracker site or tool, so this window sticker is all I have.
1690901071567.png
What was the build time like? How long after the scheduled build date was it till it was built?

Obus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
What was the build time like? How long after the scheduled build date was it till it was built?
Well I'm not 100% sure on the date it was completed or built, since we don't get the tracker to see. But the timeline was something like:

Scheduled to week of June 26.
Build date of June 27.
Once it was scheduled that last week of June I was able to get the window sticker and saw that blend date of July 13th.
Last week I was told it was "Built" and waiting for shipping.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Well I'm not 100% sure on the date it was completed or built, since we don't get the tracker to see. But the timeline was something like:

Scheduled to week of June 26.
Build date of June 27.
Once it was scheduled that last week of June I was able to get the window sticker and saw that blend date of July 13th.
Last week I was told it was "Built" and waiting for shipping.
The tracker is not very good anyways. I had an email saying the week of the 21st then the dealer said 14th. Then when the tracker finally updated like a month after the email it stated the week of the 25th which is the same week it was at first

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Iā€™m seeing new 23 Vettes on the lot, but less than 5k mile z51 used convertibles for 10k more than my Dark Horse order. I just donā€™t think the HP Dark Horse will be until next late spring at best. I loved the Mach 1 personally but just not at the same price as a 24 Dark Horse. HPā€™s are much more rare and limited colors. Hope orders start hitting but looks to me like so late that DH pushes to next year and the used Vette has already taken the depreciation. Decisions will be much easier when seen in person so Iā€™m hoping dealers start seeing cars soon.
Sponsored