• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I read on here that memory seats only affect the bottom half of the seat and not the top (since it's only manual adjust there), is that accurate?

If so I have more incentive to go 400A instead of 401A. (The only reasons I'd go Premium are the sound system and vented seats. Oh, and the two connected screens.)
Yea that’s sadly true and not sure why both driver and passenger have manual control for the “lean” of the seat not sure what the actual name is but electronic for the other controls
Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Now I'm curious (and I apologize if this is considered off topic), am I weird for not minding hard plastics in my car? I feel like functionally they would make the car lighter than with soft touch material, and it makes for great rhythm tapping material for whenever I get bored waiting in my car. Maybe I just don't understand the stigma outside of a craftsmanship perspective.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Now I'm curious (and I apologize if this is considered off topic), am I weird for not minding hard plastics in my car? I feel like functionally they would make the car lighter than with soft touch material, and it makes for great rhythm tapping material for whenever I get bored waiting in my car. Maybe I just don't understand the stigma outside of a craftsmanship perspective.
I mean you said it, the craftsmanship is worse because they're cheaper and easier to make. I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to spend $60k for my car to feel like a toy lol. Lightness wise is almost certainly negligible, if you want lightness start tearing out seats.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I mean you said it, the craftsmanship is worse because they're cheaper and easier to make. I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to spend $60k for my car to feel like a toy lol. Lightness wise is almost certainly negligible, if you want lightness start tearing out seats.
This makes sense. Thank you.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm in the camp that just wants to drive fast and look/sound good while doing it. Everything else is pretty much a bonus lol

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I don't think you are weird in thinking that the hard plastics are preferred over the "Soft touch" interior pieces. In my personal experience the hard plastics will fare much better over the years. As far as weight, the difference is pretty negligible as the usage of these parts is mostly limited to the parts that are "touched" most often.

I will present both sides of that question.

My 2006 Mustang GT has completely hard plastic door panels, today they look almost new, with just a few barely noticeable scratches after owning it since 2009.

My 2003 F150 has plastic door panels with padded soft vinyl Inserts at the top belt line and padded molded vinyl armrests. The belt line vinyl is cracked and peeling and desperately needs replacing and I have replaced the armrests twice in the 10 years I have owned the truck.

So, I'm a bit torn with the inclusion of the "Soft touch" interior parts on the 2024's.

Last edited:

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the camp that just wants to drive fast and look/sound good while doing it. Everything else is pretty much a bonus lol
I second that motion!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
What is a bummer is you get the fooked up plastic door cars if you don't get the premium. Also, to get the B & O you need to upgrade to the Premium GT High an extra $2900.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
What is a bummer is you get the fooked up plastic door cars if you don't get the premium. Also, to get the B & O you need to upgrade to the Premium GT High an extra $2900.
Pretty sure you can option B&O on a regular 400A GT. I don't think it's exclusive to 401A.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Pretty sure you can option B&O on a regular 400A GT. I don't think it's exclusive to 401A.

This is what the builder shows...you are right you don't need the 401A but it says you have to add the Co-Pilot 360 which is $1,095. Its weird the way Ford does the options for these cars.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT 1690168854184

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Its weird the way Ford does the options for these cars.
The one I don't understand is why Magneride has to be exclusively with the Performance Package. I'd think there are those who'd like a smoother ride without all the performance-oriented add-ons.

CoyoteChubbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyoto 86, F150
The one I don't understand is why Magneride has to be exclusively with the Performance Package. I'd think there are those who'd like a smoother ride without all the performance-oriented add-ons.
Is there no way to add that as an aftermarket later on?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its weird the way Ford does the options for these cars.
I know the feeling.

I work in Production Control and Product Configurator design, (Not at Ford, unfortunately, LOL!). I understand the why's, but it is still just as frustrating having to order things you really don't want just to get the one thing you do want.

Unfortunately, this is due to streamlining the build processes and production line management. This why they have packages with just a limited number of individual options, like Recaros, Wheels, Stripes, etc. instead of a ton of individual option selections.

Even for a company as large as Ford, it would be a much larger logistical nightmare to manage the multitude of individual options than it already is.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Is there no way to add that as an aftermarket later on?
I've heard there is, but it's far more expensive, like more than twice the cost of the original. And challenging with computer controls and settings. I wanted to do that to my current Mustang and actually think it's just easier to buy the new one configured the way I wish I'd done it last time. 😊

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Just curious, would an aftermarket suspension emphasizing better handling typically come at the expense of comfort? (Or a comfort-oriented suspension at the expense of handling?)
Sponsored