• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

Timwright45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan se tra
Hello, I was wondering what all would warrant spending the extra money for the gt premium? Also, does the base gt come with heated and ventilated seats and a heated steering wheel? I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Memory seats are probably the main reason, but AutoPilot assist with steer assist and adaptive cruise control (assuming its good) is a strong contender for 2nd place . I hate when I take my car in for service and everything has been moved. Alteration of seat position and side mirrors are a pet peeve of mine; would that the rear mirror be automatic as well. A good adaptive CC is useful on long drives when well programmed (my wife's Pacifica had terrible adaptive CC, but her new Kia Telluride has a much better system).

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
For me the only reason I'd consider a GT Premium is for the B&O sound system. Memory seats would be nice as well, but everything I would really want/need is all in the 301A regular GT for me.

Alas, I have two years to decide...🙃

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
d
For me the only reason I'd consider a GT Premium is for the B&O sound system. Memory seats would be nice as well, but everything I would really want/need is all in the 301A regular GT for me.

Alas, I have two years to decide...🙃
Just wait until someone moves your seats after a service or when you get your car detailed... I hope you have some way of measuring your preferred position and side mirrors (blind spot vs side of car); ask me why I know.

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Just wait until someone moves your seats after a service or when you get your car detailed... I hope you have some way of measuring your preferred position and side mirrors (blind spot vs side of car); ask my why I know.
Heh, valid points. That said I think I can handle one day out of the year where my seats aren't in my optimal position. Maybe.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Well once a year if you drive less than 6k. What is the service mileage for the Mustang? I do 9-10k as a DD so once a year is a stretch without another ride; not the best option if you don't want to take extra space in your driveway and extra insurance for another car.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
(shrugs) Less than 6K a year. Even as my daily driver, my work commute is less than ten minutes going to and less than five going back from. And then beyond that I very rarely if ever drive out of town. Practically all my errands can be done in town.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
(shrugs) Less than 6K a year. Even as my daily driver, my work commute is less than ten minutes going to and less than five going back from. And then beyond that I very rarely if ever drive out of town. Practically all my errands can be done in town.
Makes sense as long as you lean on the techs to leave your seats and mirrors alone, or you can set everything back to your preferred positions without effort. I drive across state every 2 months, a 380 mile trek on 2 lane roads, so I can't afford for those yahoos to muck with my stuff.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Are we all just forgetting about the leather seats?

Plus premium door trim leads to a much better feeling interior.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
This topic has been debated quite a bit on here, but personally I’m going premium for the leather, heated steering wheel, heat AND vented seats, and MagneRide. I also prefer the single glass display integration versus two separate displays. Getting Co-Pilot Assist+ is a big benefit to many while premium also gets wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay / Android.

This thread here contains more comments on the subject:
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-vs-gt-premium.156837/#post-3203397

Last edited:

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
What if Ford has multiple recalls? You may have to bring it in a few times.

Heh, valid points. That said I think I can handle one day out of the year where my seats aren't in my optimal position. Maybe.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Premium 401a. Cause I am coming from a loaded Explorer and cause I can LOL.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
What if Ford has multiple recalls? You may have to bring it in a few times.
Good point. This is another reason why I'm waiting two years (besides the fact I'm still paying off my EcoBoost, which will be completed by that time). Of course that won't guarantee that recalls won't happen, but I'd like to think Ford could get their quality assurance with the S650 honed-in by that point. Perhaps that's more optimistic than realistic given Ford's recent track record with recalls...I can still hope though.

Also of note, I happen to really like the comfort level of my EcoBoost's cloth seats. Something I can't say about leather seats in general...yet.
Sponsored