• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Ok gotcha so the mustangs will have the ability to stay in there lane with stop and go but not hands free
Correct, It does NOT have “bluecruise” nor will it ever I believe since it doesn’t have cameras positioned on you for occupant presence. This is one step below that with the assist+ package. One thing about these cars that’s relatively unknown and might be underrated is what kind of pushes they can do with OTA. I got a feeling different packages have different modules which will include different updates down the line that enhance the driver experience but I could be wrong about that.
Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
I went with a Base with 301A high package, partly because I prefer the (slightly) softer ride of 18" tires. The only real thing I wish it included was heated side mirrors (?) although to be honest I don't plan to drive it much over the colder winter months.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I really wanted magneride and plan to DD** the car so nicer interior, heated mirrors, vented seats, heated steering wheel were all high on my list living in Colorado. Hot summers and cold winters.

Now if only they had something to reduce hail damage.

**Damn autocorrect on the phone did me dirty**

Last edited:

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I like the guy who's getting a premium so when he takes it in for the recalls he can put his seat back to the right spot. This guy knows about first model year Fords! :)

jaykoolzboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lightning ER, Hyundai Kona EV, BMW iX 50
It really depends on what you use it for. For me it's going to be the weekend car , I don't need all the bell and whistles.

I got the absolute base GT , I mean 0 option other than Vapor blue color and stick shift.

My reasons are

1. I have other commuter and daily driver (F150 lightning Lariat ER, Cadillac Lyriq AWD and Kona EV) , it's just not smart for me to add any daily features for the GT.

2. I plan to add my own bucket seat and other performance parts after warranty wears out , keep it as simple as possible.

3. Btw base B&O stereo sucks, let me repeat it one more time , that 12 speakers system sucks, don't fall into the name trap , stay away from it and add your own system in the future. Unleashed system is semi decent , but it's not offered on mustang.

4. I really want the tremec stick shift. If its an option on the GT, I would definitely get it , too bad it's reserved for DH or higher. I would even pay for the performance package if Tremec is offered.

In recap , it really depends , if GT is going to be your daily and only car, by any mean get the premium and all the feature. For me , a base GT carries the best return for my money, also easiest to work with in the future.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It really depends on what you use it for. For me it's going to be the weekend car , I don't need all the bell and whistles.

I got the absolute base GT , I mean 0 option other than Vapor blue color and stick shift.

My reasons are

1. I have other commuter and daily driver (F150 lightning Lariat ER, Cadillac Lyriq AWD and Kona EV) , it's just not smart for me to add any daily features for the GT.

2. I plan to add my own bucket seat and other performance parts after warranty wears out , keep it as simple as possible.

3. Btw base B&O stereo sucks, let me repeat it one more time , that 12 speakers system sucks, don't fall into the name trap , stay away from it and add your own system in the future. Unleashed system is semi decent , but it's not offered on mustang.

4. I really want the tremec stick shift. If its an option on the GT, I would definitely get it , too bad it's reserved for DH or higher. I would even pay for the performance package if Tremec is offered.

In recap , it really depends , if GT is going to be your daily and only car, by any mean get the premium and all the feature. For me , a base GT carries the best return for my money, also easiest to work with in the future.
Why do you need 3 separate EV's? If they are just for you why not sell* one and get a dark horse?

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford says they're using a completely different audio system for the S650 and that it's much better than the B&O system in the S550.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Ford says they're using a completely different audio system for the S650 and that it's much better than the B&O system in the S550.
How bad could it really be? Is it 2001 civic at full volume bad or it's not a $65k audiophile set up bad?

I'm coming from a 2015 accord so this is a genuine question. I just don't see how it can be as bad as people make it out to be. Let alone worse than what's already in my car.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
How bad could it really be? Is it 2001 civic at full volume bad or it's not a $65k audiophile set up bad?

I'm coming from a 2015 accord so this is a genuine question. I just don't see how it can be as bad as people make it out to be. Let alone worse than what's already in my car.
I'm not sure, I have never heard the sound system in the S550.

FWIW I currently drive a Model Y with the 14-speaker including subwoofer sound system and it's the best audio I've ever heard in a vehicle. Hoping the Mustang can at least get close to that.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Why do you need 3 separate EV's? If they are just for you why not sell* one and get a dark horse?
Not to sound rude, but if they can afford it, it's their money to spend however they like and none of our business. Plus, for all we know, maybe they're sharing these vehicles with a spouse / children.

I'm sure just the Cadillac alone is quite loaded with the bells & whistles many of us are getting with the Mustang.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not to sound rude, but if they can afford it, it's their money to spend however they like and none of our business. Plus, for all we know, maybe they're sharing these vehicles with a spouse / children.

I'm sure just the Cadillac alone is quite loaded with the bells & whistles many of us are getting with the Mustang.
That's exactly why I'm asking, not to be rude but just curious. I wish I was in a position to afford 4 cars lol. Mainly curious about his choice to keep the 3 evs over selling one for a dark horse with the Tremec he really wants.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I'm not sure, I have never heard the sound system in the S550.

FWIW I currently drive a Model Y with the 14-speaker including subwoofer sound system and it's the best audio I've ever heard in a vehicle. Hoping the Mustang can at least get close to that.
The B&O System in the S550 is the worst "upgraded" system I've ever heard. B&O usually makes decent systems – they’re somewhat on the more expensive side of things but for home systems they offer quite good stuff.
In the S550 however they just delivered the name. Garbage system and something I would definitely upgrade myself. Then again sound is important to me and I’m quit willingly spending a few $k on a home audio system (always stereo, never 5.1 or 7.2 or other monstrosities :D )…
If you don’t care about sound I guess the old system was enough but before I would spend $1-2k on a prefabricated B&O system I would upgrade the system myself for the same price.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Just wait until someone moves your seats after a service or when you get your car detailed... I hope you have some way of measuring your preferred position and side mirrors (blind spot vs side of car); ask me why I know.
Is moving your seat to your position that annoying? Man it takes me 1 second to do so. I drive cars of the company which rotates every day. Changing seat positions is not something I find annoying lol

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
It is...

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The B&O System in the S550 is the worst "upgraded" system I've ever heard. B&O usually makes decent systems – they’re somewhat on the more expensive side of things but for home systems they offer quite good stuff.
In the S550 however they just delivered the name. Garbage system and something I would definitely upgrade myself. Then again sound is important to me and I’m quit willingly spending a few $k on a home audio system (always stereo, never 5.1 or 7.2 or other monstrosities :D )…
If you don’t care about sound I guess the old system was enough but before I would spend $1-2k on a prefabricated B&O system I would upgrade the system myself for the same price.
Maybe B&O makes better sound systems for cars, but for my laptops, their quality has been pretty poor.

But that said, the overall feedback I've been hearing is that B&O is better than Ford's standard system (which might still not say much, but still...).
Sponsored