• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Hello, I was wondering what all would warrant spending the extra money for the gt premium? Also, does the base gt come with heated and ventilated seats and a heated steering wheel? I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks!
I grabbed the Premium because I hear it has soft touch surfaces, along with tons of the computerized goodies, the ventilated seats (a must for desert summers), extra safety and security features, and the ambient lighting. I'm sure the base is a pretty decent setup, and more true to the "cheap power, beer can + big engine" car that the Mustang has historically been. (even if it isn't necessarily "cheap" by modern standards)
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This topic has been debated quite a bit on here, but personally I’m going premium for the leather, heated steering wheel, heat AND vented seats, and MagneRide. I also prefer the single glass display integration versus two separate displays. Getting Co-Pilot Assist+ is a big benefit to many while premium also gets wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay / Android.

This thread here contains more comments on the subject:
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/gt-vs-gt-premium.156837/#post-3203397
Ford Co pilot 360 and wireless Android/ Apple carplay are standard

IMO the main differences used to be that only the premium had a decent infotainment screen and selectable drive modes, but both are standard now.

Edit: The base also features Lane Keeping and blind spot detection, so plus just adds adaptive cruise control

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hello, I was wondering what all would warrant spending the extra money for the gt premium? Also, does the base gt come with heated and ventilated seats and a heated steering wheel? I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks!
It depends.

Let's first assume money is no object for you.

If you're looking for a no-frills car with good handling and a ton of horsepower to occasionally use on the race track as a toy, then probably not.

With the GT Premium, you will be getting all of the "luxury" comforts useful for road trips or daily commuting, such as:

*Navigation
*Cooled seats
*Heated mirrors
*Turn signal on mirrors
*Heated steering wheels
*Leather seats
*Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
*Memory Side Mirrors
*Garage Door Opener
*Better security/alarm system
*Memory seats

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, the link below shows a great breakdown of standard features and options for each Trim level...

https://www.truecar.com/ford/mustang/2024/#trims

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What if Ford has multiple recalls? You may have to bring it in a few times.
Now I will say, I bought one of the first 2018 Mustangs that hit the lots in late 2017, and I'm struggling to remember
ever having to bring it back in for a recall before it was totaled in 2020...

Granted, Ford has changed quite a bit since then and its quality problems seen to have gotten progressively worse, so take my somewhat dated experience with a grain of salt. Also, 2018MY was more of a refresh than an entirely new gen. But still...

I will also add, to Ford's credit, the F-150 and Mustang are both Ford's showcase vehicles. So they do a surprisingly reasonable job with quality control and keeping recalls to a minimum for them. Not to mention, it helps that they don't share their assembly line & platforms with other products.

Now as far as their other vehicles Ford makes [including the new EVs), that's a different story.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMO the main differences used to be that only the premium had a decent infotainment screen and selectable drive modes, but both are standard now.

Edit: The base also features Lane Keeping and blind spot detection, so plus just adds adaptive cruise control
Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ also comes with Navigation.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY

That’s awesome if wireless CarPlay / AA is in the base. I would’ve gone 301A like you used to be able to with the S550 if MagneRide didn’t require 400A on this generation. I still think the base is a real nice bargain, feels premium still and has a lot of competitive features while still getting the majority of performance options.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Anyone know if that we get lane centering with co pilot or just lane keep assist?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Just to confirm that means that it will stay in its lane on the highway even if I am not steering?

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Anyone know if that we get lane centering with co pilot or just lane keep assist?
I believe lane keeping is standard with Co-Pilot 360 and lane centering is a part of Co-Pilot Assist+

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT Screenshot 2023-07-01 134500

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received my schedule email today. Base GT, 6 speed, no options. Scheduled for week of 7/31. ordered on 3/27 from Granger.
Just to confirm that means that it will stay in its lane on the highway even if I am not steering?
I believe lane keeping is standard with Co-Pilot 360 and lane assist / centering is a part of Co-Pilot Assist+

Screenshot 2023-07-01 134500.png
Maybe I'm missing something, but my understanding is that Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Centering are one in the same...

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/lane-keeping-system/

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
No, for safety the vehicle will turn off the lane assist and adaptive cruise control if it detects you remove your hands from the steering wheel. As long as you rest you hand on the top of the wheel though it stays on. And be aware that in corners it might not always be as precise as you would prefer. The same I’m for when you go through weird intersections without straight white lines for the vehicle to identify.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I was confused as well; Long McArthur does a good job explaining go to 2:30 but the whole vid is worth a watch.

Ok gotcha so the mustangs will have the ability to stay in there lane with stop and go but not hands free
Sponsored