• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know f-all for working on a car; that's why I'm happy to pay a mechanic to do what I can't do. My car being a sanctuary does not require me to be a vehicle technician. I'm a dentist, so by your definition, if your mouth is a sancturary, why don't you do your own dental work?
My mouth is not a sanctuary😂

What a strange thing to say. All I'm saying is don't get mad at others for something that takes seconds to fix. It's like getting mad at your dentist for not rinsing your mouth completely.
Sponsored

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
No it's not; rising your mouth is not the same as say getting a tooth pulled or getting an implant placed. In either case, not "a seconds to fix" scenario. You rely on a technician to do a job and hopefully restore your car or mouth to the same function as you had before. Sorry for being way, way off topic.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
No it's not; rising your mouth is not the same as say getting a tooth pulled or getting an implant placed. In either case, not "a seconds to fix" scenario. You rely on a technician to do a job and hopefully restore your car or mouth to the same function as you had before. Sorry for being way, way off topic.
I'm talking about moving your seat back, the thing that started all this.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Ok. Have a nice evening my man, and enjoy your soon to be new car!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Anyone know if the leather-trimmed seats will be identical between 400A and 401A?

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Now I'm LOL!! Thanks for that comment.

Entitled? Not really, I was always taught that you put things back the way you found them. And the last time I checked, it is my car.

Yes, I do understand what it takes; just before exiting the car, push the seat adjustment button the same amount of time they did when they got in the car.
I just think you lack insight. This would only apply for vehicles with memory. All of these vehicles have manual seat backs, so even then, memory only controls the tracks. What about vehicles without memory? What about vehicles with manual tracks? So for the 90% of vehicles you’re not accounting for it would take a lot of time to accommodate the request is the point I’m getting at
. H-Point is not simple. You’re potentially asking for an extra 30 minutes to an hour for a mechanic to be technically accurate in setting a seat back to its original position. Time is money and this will never happen

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
And regardless of task, moving your seat back to your preferred position is such a menial thing to have a grudge against. It literally takes seconds. Why people waste energy getting frustrated over these things is beyond me.

If I was a mechanic and someone got mad at me for not moving their seat back, I'd laugh and walk away.
I mean, seriously
 it boggles my mind how much people only think about their particular situation and don’t take the big picture into perspective

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Anyone know if the leather-trimmed seats will be identical between 400A and 401A?
I was wondering the same, what's different exactly other than may be the stitching. Is the leather any better, are the back seats in the 401A actual leather rather than vinyl?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
If the seats are like the 2018+ S550, then 400A and 401A will have different leather entirely.

Whether it’s thicker or full grain vs. half grain remains to be seen. It’s been discussed on M6G and members who have owned cars from the same model year confirm the difference in seat quality.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
If the seats are like the 2018+ S550, then 400A and 401A will have different leather entirely.

Whether it’s thicker or full grain vs. half grain remains to be seen. It’s been discussed on M6G and members who have owned cars from the same model year confirm the difference in seat quality.
That's good to hear, do you happen to know if the backseats were upgraded to leather in the S550s?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
That's good to hear, do you happen to know if the backseats were upgraded to leather in the S550s?
The rear seats should match the front seats but nothing would really surprise me at this point.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I just think you lack insight. This would only apply for vehicles with memory. All of these vehicles have manual seat backs, so even then, memory only controls the tracks. What about vehicles without memory? What about vehicles with manual tracks? So for the 90% of vehicles you’re not accounting for it would take a lot of time to accommodate the request is the point I’m getting at
. H-Point is not simple. You’re potentially asking for an extra 30 minutes to an hour for a mechanic to be technically accurate in setting a seat back to its original position. Time is money and this will never happen
Don't worry too much. I put my money where it gets the most value. I have found a dealer with mechanics that have no issues whatsoever in accommodating my request to just take a second to move the seat all the way back when exiting my car. GTG!

Sorry for the detour folks!

Back to the important discussion at hand about 2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost

I read on here that memory seats only affect the bottom half of the seat and not the top (since it's only manual adjust there), is that accurate?

If so I have more incentive to go 400A instead of 401A. (The only reasons I'd go Premium are the sound system and vented seats. Oh, and the two connected screens.)

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Don't worry too much. I put my money where it gets the most value. I have found a dealer with mechanics that have no issues whatsoever in accommodating my request to just take a second to move the seat all the way back when exiting my car. GTG!

I wasn’t worried at all. Your response barely makes logical sense. Glad I could help you find a dealer to accommodate your entitlement though. All in a days work, ya know
Sponsored