• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs GT Premium

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Is there a good chart that shows what GT Premium adds over GT? In the past the Premium didn’t really add much. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth several thousand dollars to go Premium over a base GT with the options I want.
Sponsored

Bluvape24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt mustang
Whether or not it’s “worth it” is solely up to you. For me, I like my comfort and the extras provided by the premium features. It also allows you to add the 401a package.

IMG_2446.jpeg

IMG_2447.jpeg
The ambient lighting is it just the foot wells and cup holders

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Thanks, looks like Premium does add some things I love. Heated steering wheel, power seat, auto climate control, and upgraded audio system. I have gotten used to those things on my pickup truck and I would want those in a new car these days.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks, looks like Premium does add some things I love. Heated steering wheel, power seat, auto climate control, and upgraded audio system. I have gotten used to those things on my pickup truck and I would want those in a new car these days.
You get powered seat, my color lighting and the premium (not 401A) sterio by going with the 301A package on the regular GT. For me, premium is only worth it if you're getting the 401A package

OP
OP
AlloyPony

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
You get powered seat, my color lighting and the premium (not 401A) sterio by going with the 301A package on the regular GT. For me, premium is only worth it if you're getting the 401A package
AH I see.. yeah I agree with you in that case

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
AH I see.. yeah I agree with you in that case
The 301a is an excellent package and worthwhile if you are looking at a base car.

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium IMG_2449

Also keep in mind that the premium car gets the magnesium one piece bezel around the screens. I lot of folks really dislike the two piece look.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
For GT vs GT Premium, the biggest differences are GT has two separate displays, GT Premium has the curved single piece of glass (Magnesium Framed Glass Display). GT Premium also has aluminum foot pedals, power seats, and dual zone climate control that the GT does not have.

I could only see getting the 401A package though.
Cloth seats have no place in 2023, and heated and ventilated seats should also be standard on cars nowadays.
After further research as well, the leather in 401A is full grain leather while 400A is half grain leather.
401A also comes with leather padded armrests and center console (not sure what material the other trims are).
Besides that though, Co-Pilot 360+ and the upgraded sound system are other big reasons to go 401A.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Also, MagneRide only offered in the premium model, if that is up your alley. I was between 301A and 401A with eventually siding on 401A because it seemed like a good value when looking at the price differential.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Also, MagneRide only offered in the premium model, if that is up your alley. I was between 301A and 401A with eventually siding on 401A because it seemed like a good value when looking at the price differential.
Just remember you must order the Performance Package with either the 400a or the 401a to get MagneRide.

DemonWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
are there any pics out there showing what a 400a interior looks like vs the 401a?

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Premium is worth it for sure, lots of goodies for the money IMO. Heck, I'd get it just to get the single piece screen alone. I hate the way the base interior looks with the two seperate screens.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
are there any pics out there showing what a 400a interior looks like vs the 401a?
They really look the same in pictures, especially with the black interior. The Premier Trim with color accent group gives you better materials and contrasting seat trim.

DemonWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
They really look the same in pictures, especially with the black interior. The Premier Trim with color accent group gives you better materials and contrasting seat trim.
that's what I am wondering, how much of the interior is the better material. i'm new to the Mustangs and I assumed the premium meant I would get the better (maybe not best) interior. I did not select the 401a because I didn't want that Pilot package or the 12 speaker with sub stereo. I don't want the car to appear too cheap inside though.
Sponsored