• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
What is your source for that information?
Trust me bro” 😂.

I believe I heard it in the promo material before, but as some have mentioned in here, it’s not true. Would have been a nice option to have though.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I could be wrong, but I believe I had read/seen it somewhere in the promo material that side mirrors fold when you have the memory seats&mirrors option installed. Maybe somebody who has had the 401a in the previous version can tell us if it was a thing before .
The previous gen Mustangs did not have the electric foldable mirrors with any trim level. Its manual fold in mirrors only and I suspect the same with the S650

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The previous gen Mustangs did not have the electric foldable mirrors with any trim level. Its manual fold in mirrors only and I suspect the same with the S650
Exactly. The mirrors have a memory function, but that's about it.

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Doesn't the premium have that pony projection light that the mach e has? It's on my window sticker.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I ordered the GT Convertible Premium. For me the 360 degree camera, adaptive cruise control are worth it. Lane centering not so much. I love the fact that on the adaptive cruise control I can program how far over or under the speed limit I can go, it reads the speed signs, and adjusts, and keeps spacing if traffic is below what I have it set at. Had it in my 2020 Explorer ST, made sure I ordered it in my 2022 F-150, and made sure it was ordered on the Mustang.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I ordered the GT Convertible Premium. For me the 360 degree camera, adaptive cruise control are worth it. Lane centering not so much. I love the fact that on the adaptive cruise control I can program how far over or under the speed limit I can go, it reads the speed signs, and adjusts, and keeps spacing if traffic is below what I have it set at. Had it in my 2020 Explorer ST, made sure I ordered it in my 2022 F-150, and made sure it was ordered on the Mustang.
You are referring to the optional 401a package as all verts are premium (400a) models. The included CoPilot 360 feature does not include a 360 degree camera.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Gt vs Premium GT IMG_3642

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
You are referring to the optional 401a package as all verts are premium (400a) models. The included CoPilot 360 feature does not include a 360 degree camera.

IMG_3642.jpeg
Stop and Go? So that's the motor turning off and on when standing still etc? Can it be overridden? Or is this something else?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Stop and Go? So that's the motor turning off and on when standing still etc? Can it be overridden? Or is this something else?
It is my understanding adaptive cruise stop and go (automatics only - manuals get the adaptive but not the stop and go function) allows you to set the cruise and the car will bring you to a stop when traffic dictates and will in turn go when traffic moves. The other stop and go (everyone/most hate) is the automatic engine stop and start - which will turn the engine off at stoplights and then restart it as needed. The adaptive stop and go only functions with the adaptive cruise control. The automatic engine stop and start is a default function mandated by …. Well anyhow, early models suffer from a part shortage and do/may not have the function. As parts supply permits the function and defeat button (must be deactivated manually each engine start) will be added / included. Early models have incurred the gas guzzler tax. Hopefully the tax is not collected once the function is added.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Stop & Go = hitting brakes and gas in traffic for you.
Auto Start/Stop = engine turns off when idling

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
The memory seats were a plus for me, though the seat back is manual adjust. The Assist+ features may be very useful for long distant driving. My wife's previous car, a Chrysler Pacifica had lousy adaptive cruise control, but her current Kia Telluride has a very nice adaptive system. If Ford's systems can mimic that car's system, then I will be very happy that I opted for the Premium trim, along with being able to set cruise control to a predetermined speed relative to speed limit by GPS. The leather seats and improved sound system are a bonus.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I wonder what is the weight difference. If I recall a base 300a PP1 S550 manual weight in the 3788 range.

I currently have a 2020 300a ca and the lack of memory seats are a non issue to me. Heated seats are nice, used to be I wouldnt care. Having heated seats on other vehicles spoiled me. If I get a base I would get Katzkins as I have on my 2020 car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I wonder what is the weight difference. If I recall a base 300a PP1 S550 manual weight in the 3788 range.

I currently have a 2020 300a ca and the lack of memory seats are a non issue to me. Heated seats are nice, used to be I wouldnt care. Having heated seats on other vehicles spoiled me. If I get a base I would get Katzkins as I have on my 2020 car.
Maybe a hundred pounds, probably less. But no one stepping up to a 401a (or a 400a for that matter) would care. Means nothing on the street and the creature comforts are worth every pound.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Maybe a hundred pounds, probably less. But no one stepping up to a 401a (or a 400a for that matter) would care. Means nothing on the street and the creature comforts are worth every pound.

Unfortunately, I may be one of the few who care.
Sponsored