• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2024-ford-mustang-australia-timing-update/

The next-generation 2024 Ford Mustang is due in Australian showrooms a few months earlier than expected, Ford Australia has advised.

When the new Mustang was revealed in Detroit in September 2022, Ford Australia confirmed planned showroom arrival timing of “late 2023” – shortly after US deliveries begin in the northern summer (June to August).

The company has now indicated the new Ford Mustang is due in the third quarter of 2023 – which translates to first deliveries in July, August or September, pending any delays.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hopefully UK deliveries will be on a similar timescale, as they were for S550.

Either way, I can't wait to see one over here!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I thought we weren’t taking ford authority seriously after their HP deflation article(s)

69fstbak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 fast back
"Sitting at the top of the range will be a new Dark Horse V8 race-track special, with more power, track tyres and suspension, and unique styling touches. It will fill the role of the outgoing Ford Mustang Mach 1, though the Dark Horse won’t be a limited edition."

I wonder if this is true for Aus

KEM157

Instagram: racer.au
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chemistking.com.au
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This is great news for us in Australia. Now we just need to hope that Euro spec cars aren't too dissimilar to US cars...

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
"Sitting at the top of the range will be a new Dark Horse V8 race-track special, with more power, track tyres and suspension, and unique styling touches. It will fill the role of the outgoing Ford Mustang Mach 1, though the Dark Horse won’t be a limited edition."

I wonder if this is true for Aus
Definitely NOT - Ford Au have described the Dark Horse as a "Special Edition" on a "Limited Volume Run".

Although exact volumes are reportedly yet to be finalised, Dark Horse local Availability and Dealer Allocations will be VERY LIMITED like the Mach-1.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great news for us in Australia. Now we just need to hope that Euro spec cars aren't too dissimilar to US cars...
Our Aust' FN Mustangs, although "Export" / "Euro" spec, are different to the Euro Mustangs, and closer to US Spec in HP/TQ than the Euro cars. As the donor US cars have been hit with extra Biden "Green" Enviro Restrictions, we could possibly end up with the same Performance Specs as the US Cars.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
From one of my local (SE QLD) dealers.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang will begin delivery in Australia earlier than expected S650-1.PNG

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang will begin delivery in Australia earlier than expected S650-2.PNG

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang will begin delivery in Australia earlier than expected S650-3.PNG

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang will begin delivery in Australia earlier than expected S650-4.PNG

I do hope we can add the factory fitted rear wing spoiler separately (like with the outgoing S550) without the "Appearance Pack". So we can have both Magneride and spoiler.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Have in mind that they marketed the Bullitt as a limited edition for export market too, only to anger all buyers and destroying their value by surprisingly adding a whole second model year. With Dark Horse not be limited to the first model year, I wouldn't read too much into what limited means. There surely will be limit how many export models they can build per month/modelyear, but I doubt it's a "one and gone" thing with the Dark horse

Last edited:

69fstbak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 fast back
Definitely NOT - Ford Au have described the Dark Horse as a "Special Edition" on a "Limited Volume Run".

Although exact volumes are reportedly yet to be finalised, Dark Horse local Availability and Dealer Allocations will be VERY LIMITED like the Mach-1.
Cheers man, would have been nice to offer it as just an option instead of limited run, would have gotten rid of all the annoying car flippers here atm.

Hate that people are buying just to resell, I turned down a Mach 1 due to limited colours available here (wanted it in red hehe) few months later seeing people trying to sell 30k increase so sad and annoying for real enthusiasts.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers man, would have been nice to offer it as just an option instead of limited run, would have gotten rid of all the annoying car flippers here atm.

Hate that people are buying just to resell, I turned down a Mach 1 due to limited colours available here (wanted it in red hehe) few months later seeing people trying to sell 30k increase so sad and annoying for real enthusiasts.
No worries, but if you consider the engines run the con-rods out of the 760 Hp GT 500, it would suggest they are most probably Hand Built, therefore low volume.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
From one of my local (SE QLD) dealers.

S650-1.PNG

S650-2.PNG

S650-3.PNG

S650-4.PNG

I do hope we can add the factory fitted rear wing spoiler separately (like with the outgoing S550) without the "Appearance Pack". So we can have both Magneride and spoiler.
So no MT option for the convertible?? 😳

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
At least it appears they'll still get the Ecoboost Down Under..........that was dropped here in the UK before the '20MY (I think) arrived. It was dropped because Ecoboosts only made up about 10% of sales. It may be the same for Australia that there aren't enough manual convertible sales to justify keeping it on.
Sponsored